British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
james1234

Warsaw Gp 13th May 2017

Not sure that anyone mentioned this but three of the four finalists were the same as two weeks ago in Slovenia. Very interesting with this great lineup! Also having Freddie as a new rider at the top and the GTR engine seems to have added additional excitement to a great series. Would like to ask, what percentage of Freddies success is engine related. If any.

• Like 1

Not sure that anyone mentioned this but three of the four finalists were the same as two weeks ago in Slovenia. Very interesting with this great lineup! Also having Freddie as a new rider at the top and the GTR engine seems to have added additional excitement to a great series. Would like to ask, what percentage of Freddies success is engine related. If any.

I think this years standard of riders in the SGP is the best ever. Most riders are capable of winning, Every race could be a final. There are no easy races and fortunes will fluctuate. To go into the meeting with any hope of success, a rider need of a fast bike is essential. It appears the GTR has all the power needed to be considered equal to any other available..

To proportion Freddie's success between rider and bike is difficult. Freddie has always been a quality rider, sometimes not scoring the points he deserved. It appears the GTR has given him a new lease of life where he is now one of the top runners.. It pleases me no end that Freddie is achieving this success, because he has always supported the British league, and I would much rather he come out on top than someone who turns their back on our Speedway......

Only my opinion: To answer your question, I think Freddie and GTR goes hand in hand...... 50/50

• Like 1

I thought it was a nice tribute ,3 of the poles carrying Tomasz Gollobs name on the backs of their suits . also shows how much money the Poles have one of them was an £1,100 leather suit ,

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

First GP abroad and how lucky was I ?

Amazing racing, amazing City,

Was surprised that there weren't that many Brits there???

I'll definitely be going again....I think I spent less money than when I go to Cardiff !? :t:

The only negative, is that there isn't much of a speedway atmosphere in the City beforehand ?

Cardiff still tops the charts for me for atmosphere....but the PGE stadium is by far better for watching the racing....(you're considerably closer to the track)

First GP abroad and how lucky was I ?

Amazing racing, amazing City,

Was surprised that there weren't that many Brits there???

I'll definitely be going again....I think I spent less money than when I go to Cardiff !? :t:

The only negative, is that there isn't much of a speedway atmosphere in the City beforehand ?

Cardiff still tops the charts for me for atmosphere....but the PGE stadium is by far better for watching the racing....(you're considerably closer to the track)

Torun is the place to go , you are virtually on the track and in the old town after the meeting it is speedway central, on the subject of not many brits , more go to Torun but could it be we don't feel like we have anybody representing us ? This is not a "woofy is an Aussie " remark so please don't anybody turn this thread into an anti woofy one , it's just he is dividing fans at the moment and in previous years we had bomber to support , I will still be going Torun this year and possibly gorgow but only cause I love the places as I feel like we have nobody for GB, that's just my personal opinion and I can understand if Brits are not going for the same reason Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

I thought it was a nice tribute ,3 of the poles carrying Tomasz Gollobs name on the backs of their suits . also shows how much money the Poles have one of them was an £1,100 leather suit ,

Who's wearing leathers again SB?

Really pleased to have been at this GP. (I'm still in Warsaw as I type lol) The event was superb. A bit of a Tomasz Gollob "love-in" inside the stadium, but that is understandable in the circumstances. However, being only a day before the 5th anniversary of the loss of Lee Richardson, a slightly wider perspective may not have been a bad thing?

Torun is the place to go , you are virtually on the track and in the old town after the meeting it is speedway central, on the subject of not many brits , more go to Torun but could it be we don't feel like we have anybody representing us ? This is not a "woofy is an Aussie " remark so please don't anybody turn this thread into an anti woofy one , it's just he is dividing fans at the moment and in previous years we had bomber to support , I will still be going Torun this year and possibly gorgow but only cause I love the places as I feel like we have nobody for GB, that's just my personal opinion and I can understand if Brits are not going for the same reason

I'll be absolutely honest . I have never for 1 instant thought of Woffinden as British , I have actually commented on here about no brits and been heckled with Woffy Woffy Woffy , and I genuinely think that there are no brits in the GP

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Torun's on my radar !?

I played it safe with Warsaw coz of the roof ? :t:

I was cheering for woffy regardless.....in fact I was cheering for any rider to win other than a Pole!!!

Arrived back from Warsaw late last night, first time to this GP, and will defo be going back next year, if anyone is thinking about going to a GP abroad in the future then this is the one to go to, fantastic city, easy to get to, and with the local train station just a few minutes walk away from the stadium easy to get back to the city too, spent less here in Warsaw as a whole than what I would have done if I had done Cardiff.

Lovely friendly people, as for the meeting itself, well done Freddie, he got the bit between his teeth and went for it, I for one would love to see him as a World Champion, do not rule it out. as for Greg, he will have better GP's, but Nicki, well I personally think its time up for him, as regards Tia, he will be there or thereabouts come the final result in Melbourne,

Really felt for Chris Holder, came good in the final two races, but ran out of time in the end.

If there was a down side to this GP, it was all the overkill about Tomas Gollob from the stadium/ centre green announcer, he just went overboard on it, ruined a good vibe about the place.

Does anyone have any idea about dates for next years event yet, cannot wait.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

Torun's on my radar !?

I played it safe with Warsaw coz of the roof ? :t:

I was cheering for woffy regardless.....in fact I was cheering for any rider to win other than a Pole!!!

torun has a roof for the track too , so only the inside of one corner gets wet when it rains

Guest GiveusaB

Great!

Thanks for the info .

Is there any reason why there's no tickets available at the moment, or are they all sold out?

Great!

Thanks for the info .

Is there any reason why there's no tickets available at the moment, or are they all sold out?

not on sale yet

I'll be absolutely honest . I have never for 1 instant thought of Woffinden as British , I have actually commented on here about no brits and been heckled with Woffy Woffy Woffy , and I genuinely think that there are no brits in the GP

Quite right.

Woffinden is as British as the tennis woman,Konta ??

To me there are no Brits and I only wonder when there will be.

Quite right.

Woffinden is as British as the tennis woman,Konta ??

To me there are no Brits and I only wonder when there will be.

To me Freddie Lindgren is a 13 time World Champion. 13 successive World Titles, can anyone stop him this year? Will it ever be surpassed?

• Like 1