British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike1944

Doyle Withdraws From Melbourne Gp -- Official

I would like to let everyone know first hand from me that sadly I have to withdraw from the Melbourne GP. I have punctured my left lung and badly traumatised my right lung. My right elbow is also shattered and I dislocated my left shoulder. I am unable to fly due to my lungs and have to wait for surgery on my elbow once my lungs are healed. I would like to again thank everyone for their kind messages I have got time to read them all! I will concentrate on my health and recovery to be ready for 2017

That is sad news to hear, but his injuries were far more serious than first indicated.

Edited by mike1944

Totally gutted for Jason. Was really looking forward to a new World Champion this year with the likelihood of it being Doyley. Now its over. And that slimey Hancock can just pick up the trophy! Come back next year Jason stronger and grab that Title you richly deserved this year.

A great shame as he was heading the series and had a good chance of being the World Champion in Melbourne.

Gutted for Doyle, he clearly deserved to be world champion this year but that's the nature of the sport. From the wording of his statement, it would suggest he's happy to get away with the injuries he has recieved so hopefully the fact he'll still be able to ride next year will help him get over the disappointment of not becoming champion this year.

Gutted for the bloke, so unlucky to miss out on a title shot through injury. I do think he would have had the nerve to do it too. Have to say on a more important note, he is going to be back, the injuries could have been so much worse and I'm stoked that we are able to just be disappointed he's missed out on the title.

Greg should easily take care of business but you just never know so good luck to the bloke. I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to win it this way but that's racing, it's not his fault at the end of the day.

Hopefully Lindgren won't ride like a madman in Aussie.

Really bad luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. And on top of that the airfence failed to do its job at a critical time.

Would like to see him come back next season and carry on where he left off this.

Deserves a world championship.

Unlucky Jase, comeback fit for the Roobins next year.

Gutted for the bloke - no one has deserved it more.

His progress has been amazing so just hope he gets back to full fitness soon.

It's put a massive dampener on the final event.

And to the cretin calling Greg 'slimey', if you're going to insult someone who's been around nearly 30 years entertaining thousands of people, at least spell the word right.

• Like 6

I've never been a fan of his, but like all the other posters, I feel so sorry for the guy.

I'm sure he would have lifted the title this year, and deservedly so too.

I don't begrudge Greg Hancock winning the title again, because a 'Big One' like Jason Doyle has received, could just as easily have happened to the American.

As I said, I'm not a fan of his, but do recognise the immense talent of the man, and I truly hope that he makes a full recovery in the shortest space of time, and realises his dream in 2017.

• Like 1

So sad to hear that our ex Captain (of the Rebels) has had his richly deserved world title cruelly taken away in a racing accident. Hopefully he can come back from his injuries fully and claim his prize next year. Get better soon Jason.

• Like 1

I just hope Doyle isnt like Kasprazak.. Injury ruined his great chance of a title a couple of years back and he doesnt seem like he will get back to that level again, Hope Jason gets back to the top

• Like 1