British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gr8scot

Wolverhampton Olympique

As a Bees fan, I have to say I really enjoyed my first Olympique tonight and shamelessly gatecrashing Wolves' championship homecoming! Between Saturday's ELRC and this it feels like a proper end to the season and erased the Bees vs Lynn meeting I feared would be my last live speedway of the year!

Excellent value for money night out with the 21 heats and top notch fireworks. Looking at the roll of honour in the programme, it needed a new winner which it got in Thorssell. No wonder he looked pleased, some big names and Wolves legends are on that roll of honour, and David Howe of course!(he was an all round speedway good guy and no doubt worthy winner though!)

Musielak looked dialled in, worth a punt by a club next season perhaps?

Anyway, mini Wolves love in over, start a fresh again next season and having anything good to say about them will be simply unthinkable again 😁

• Like 1

Don't think Skornicki will ride PL ever o.o Although that would be awesome :D Wonder if he's thinking of an EL return though? What average would he come in on? Since it has been a long time

Not at all! Just pointing out facts. :t:

Disappointed that a no show from Riss, was looking forward to watching him in action at the green again.

Well done to Jacob who deserved his win although had a smidgen of luck in the final but was great apart from his final ride.

The wolves boys all did ok even Cleggy won a heat.

Musielak was great ahead but nowhere when behind. Some things never change.

Great to see Adam back racing and we were treated to a donut. He would do a decent job in the PL I reckon.

What can we say about PK? He finished his career with a superb 3rd to 1st win. What a way to sign off. Emotional send off.

Great catching up with some fellow Wolves fans . How we laughed at the Belle Vue boo boys and the child brat antics of Cookie. Lots to celebrate.

2016 now done. Another Wolves winner too!

Was there a reason given for the no show Steve? He's pulled out of the Blue Riband at Poole on friday as well.

Don't think Skornicki will ride PL ever o.o Although that would be awesome :D Wonder if he's thinking of an EL return though? What average would he come in on? Since it has been a long time

last average for Birmingham in 2014 was 6.66

Was there a reason given for the no show Steve? He's pulled out of the Blue Riband at Poole on friday as well.

No, no reason given.

• Like 1

Difficult to judge Adam last might bearing in mind the handicap system. Must admit I would be suprised if he rode in the Elite League next year. Did hear some whispers that he is going to Redcar next year.

Highlight of the evening had to be PK's win in Heat 17 and the reception given to him afterwards.

Thoroughly deserved for everything he has done for the club over the years.

Highlight of the evening had to be PK's win in Heat 17 and the reception given to him afterwards.

Thoroughly deserved for everything he has done for the club over the years.

It was a tremendous win, but I personally though the reception given was awful.. I suppose by the morgue like atmosphere that permeates speedway it was decent, but he deserved far, far more.

A couple of cheers, a ripple of applause, but at least HALF the crowd stood silent and motionless.

Compare that to the reception given in other sports (David Ortiz in MLB a perfect example) and you'll see why speedway struggles to attract a decent fan base.

last average for Birmingham in 2014 was 6.66

I saw that, I just didn't know if that'd still count? I dunno why I thought that tbh

Difficult to judge Adam last might bearing in mind the handicap system. Must admit I would be suprised if he rode in the Elite League next year. Did hear some whispers that he is going to Redcar next year.

What handicap system? I wasn't there so I dunno what went on

WHAT? :o Not Redcar :( I love Skornicki, he's not allowed to go to the dark side :o Into the smog of Middlesbrough ;) But if the rule still stands that someone with an average of over 6 in the EL cannot double up, he won't be able to, will he? :( And if so, his converted average would be 9.32 I think

In the Olympique, the first four heats are all contested from the gate.

After that you have the following handicap for your next heat.

Win - 20 yards

2nd - 15 yards

3rd - 10 yards

4th - from the gate.

Adam started of quite tentative, understandably so. He got quicker as the night went on, winning his third ride from the gate as well as his final ride, in which he had Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and Jacob Thorssell starting behind him.

• Like 1

I saw that, I just didn't know if that'd still count? I dunno why I thought that tbh

What handicap system? I wasn't there so I dunno what went on

WHAT? :o Not Redcar :( I love Skornicki, he's not allowed to go to the dark side :o Into the smog of Middlesbrough ;) But if the rule still stands that someone with an average of over 6 in the EL cannot double up, he won't be able to, will he? :( And if so, his converted average would be 9.32 I think

We don't know what will happen to those out the UK for a couple of seasons because they rules haven't be applied fairly this year.

However the precedent appears set with this ruling on new riders or riders out for a couple of years to come back on a 7.

All we know in british speedway they will apply rules how they want and when they want sadly.

Last night was a handicap system meeting. So as Adam had 2 rides from the gate (with others starting further back) he held on to win both those races but looked slow when behind.

Thought last nights action was a bit drab to be honest. Our group commented how good this meeting used to be , but now its a bit predictable. In years gone by the weakest riders in the field would score next to, or no points. Now half of the field are within 2 points because of the lack of passing and even National league riders are winning races against Elite League rides when they have a handicap advantage. Adam Skornicki looked awful in his first ride but still won 2 races from the gate similarly Musielek .Only a couple of half decent races with 2 outside passes all night. On a positive good to see Peter Karlsson interviewed and winning his last race in Wolves colours

Edited by New Science

Not at all! Just pointing out facts. :t:

Disappointed that a no show from Riss, was looking forward to watching him in action at the green again.

Well done to Jacob who deserved his win although had a smidgen of luck in the final but was great apart from his final ride.

The wolves boys all did ok even Cleggy won a heat.

Musielak was great ahead but nowhere when behind. Some things never change.

Great to see Adam back racing and we were treated to a donut. He would do a decent job in the PL I reckon.

What can we say about PK? He finished his career with a superb 3rd to 1st win. What a way to sign off. Emotional send off.

Great catching up with some fellow Wolves fans . How we laughed at the Belle Vue boo boys and the child brat antics of Cookie. Lots to celebrate.

2016 now done. Another Wolves winner too!

The birthday shoutout to a 10 year old called Craig Cook was slightly amusing, especially when it appeared to be that he rode at BV last Wednesday :D

• Like 4

The birthday shoutout to a 10 year old called Craig Cook was slightly amusing, especially when it appeared to be that he rode at BV last Wednesday :D

Take it Craig Cook isn't so popular at Wolverhampton at the minute? XD He was just frustrated and let the adrenaline get to him, he's a passionate man and all he wants to do is win and see his club be successful, so he was probably just angry but came back down to earth later, did he ever apologise to Freddie?

In the Olympique, the first four heats are all contested from the gate.

After that you have the following handicap for your next heat.

Win - 20 yards

2nd - 15 yards

3rd - 10 yards

4th - from the gate.

Adam started of quite tentative, understandably so. He got quicker as the night went on, winning his third ride from the gate as well as his final ride, in which he had Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and Jacob Thorssell starting behind him.

Never knew they did meetings with handicaps like that

Edited by Dandelion

Must admit I had a titter at that, and Porkie nearly fell for it lol.

• Like 1

Adam has had no contact with Redcar whatsoever Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2