British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gr8scot

Wolverhampton Olympique

The birthday shoutout to a 10 year old called Craig Cook was slightly amusing, especially when it appeared to be that he rode at BV last Wednesday :D

Brilliant. Reminds me of the Savalas Clouting incident many years ago :rofl:

Thought it sounded weird Skornicki being linked to Redcar, maybe I shouldn't believe everything I read on the Internet :P

Thought it sounded weird Skornicki being linked to Redcar, maybe I shouldn't believe everything I read on the Internet :P

as of this moment Adam hasn't spoken to anyone in pl but he is certainly willing to listen Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

as of this moment Adam hasn't spoken to anyone in pl but he is certainly willing to listen

Newcastle??? :D Although I'm sure the Sunday race night will have something to say about that :(

In the Olympique, the first four heats are all contested from the gate.

After that you have the following handicap for your next heat.

Win - 20 yards

2nd - 15 yards

3rd - 10 yards

4th - from the gate.

Adam started of quite tentative, understandably so. He got quicker as the night went on, winning his third ride from the gate as well as his final ride, in which he had Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and Jacob Thorssell starting behind him.

Love the sound of this format. Fingers crossed others adopt it for a trial? Obviously need a passing track to make it work but could be very entertaining especially in the PL / NL

Love the sound of this format. Fingers crossed others adopt it for a trial? Obviously need a passing track to make it work but could be very entertaining especially in the PL / NL

It's not a trial. Wolves have been doing it since forever at the end of every season. It's a great format.

Peter Karlsson's 15-point maximum in 2006 to win the meeting by three clear points remains one of the most consummate performances I have seen on a speedway bike. And he was a veteran then!

• Like 2

Peter Karlsson's 15-point maximum in 2006 to win the meeting by three clear points remains one of the most consummate performances I have seen on a speedway bike. And he was a veteran then!

Ah the days when the Olympique was won with a maximum

Ah the days when the Olympique was won with a maximum

I suspect it might have been 'day'! Anyone else won with a full house back in times of yore? Certainly some great names on the trophy.

Edit: Somewhere on line there is a site with a stack of lists containing the historical winners of the various illustrious individual events that each track used to stage. Alas, I've forgotten what it's called. Any help out there, please?

Edited by Fourentee

Didn't Joe Screen win with 15 back in the 90's?

Sure Sam was 2nd with 14.

Olsen won it on a 15 max

I suspect it might have been 'day'! Anyone else won with a full house back in times of yore? Certainly some great names on the trophy.

Edit: Somewhere on line there is a site with a stack of lists containing the historical winners of the various illustrious individual events that each track used to stage. Alas, I've forgotten what it's called. Any help out there, please?

This might be it http://www.speedwaychampions.com/key-bar-hammer-gala.php

That's the one! Many thanks. Olympique and assorted other individual events (Brandonapolis, Blue Riband and Laurels) are concealed as a kind of appendix to the Golden Key, Bar and Hammer section.

Great stuff Sotonian and thanks again.