British Speedway Forum

Couldn't see another thread for this - I hope there's not a reason for that!

I think that we'll see a lot of changes to the team for next year, whatever the format that comes out of the AGM. Cost savings might be a factor but I think that one or two riders might be moved on anyway.

For me, I think that Zagar and Nicholls might be the ones to move on. Nicholls has been a great pro for the Aces but hasn't really got to grips with the new track and Zagar is too inconsistent for my liking.

That leaves:-

Cook - time to be a real number one

With growth to come from:-

Worrall R

Worrall S

Fricke

Jacobs

Two heat leaders to be signed - but who? Maybe a Pole or two given the shape and size of the track, and the big Polish population in East Manchester might be attracted to come to watch.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 3

Personally, I prefer to wait until all our matches are finished before commenting on who should go or stay next year.

• Like 3

People tend to wait til the teams season is officially over, out of respect to riders currently trying to win you the league! ;)

• Like 3

People tend to wait til the teams season is officially over, out of respect to riders currently trying to win you the league! ;)

Correct, that why Wolves haven't started a thread yet :o:lol:

• Like 1

How about the manager going. Didn't manage Australia too well in the WTC in July, and judging from the comments on here he didn't manage BV too well Monday at Wolves.

I like Zagar when he is on song, but it's too patchy for what he costs, so maybe him out.

How about the manager going. Didn't manage Australia too well in the WTC in July, and judging from the comments on here he didn't manage BV too well Monday at Wolves.

I like Zagar when he is on song, but it's too patchy for what he costs, so maybe him out.

Is Zager like Woffy and just having a spare bike in GB ,his last 2 GPs have been good and looks fast.He should be flying round NSS if GP form is anything to go by.

Mark Lemon has been a brilliant appointment. I don't see much wrong with his decisions at Wolverhampton and he has played a major part in our getting into the last two play off finals.

Is Zager like Woffy and just having a spare bike in GB ,his last 2 GPs have been good and looks fast.He should be flying round NSS if GP form is anything to go by.

Zagar has had a difficult season which he has put down to mechanical problems but his form at the NSS improved at the same time as it did in the GP's. He has looked much faster.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

Not willing to put my thoughts on the team on here until some time after tomorrow evening. What I will say though is I rate Lemmo highly and would love him to stay with BV for a long time to come. No issue whatsoever with his decisions last night. I'd have made exactly the same decisions with regards the Tac and heat 15. Easy to blame with hindsight but realistically, whatever move he made he was potentially going to look silly...

• Like 1

How about you have Havelock and we get Mark Lemon
  • Like 2

Absolutely nonsense. Lemon is one of tge best things to happen to belle vue, hes got us play offs 2 years running and top of the league, after years of nothing ness. Id give him a 5 year deal and im sure most Aces fans agree. Cant believe this post i really cant.

• Like 7

Mark Lemons decisions at Wolverhampton were tough ones, but they were "a rock or a hard place" type of decision.. From what I have seen and heard, he is a decent manager, makes a lot of sense when interviewed, but he's not an after dinner speaker like Peter Adams!!

I think you should hang on to him if you can.......

• Like 1

From what I hear you got bigger problems as to what team your going to put out in 2017 I'd worry about those before thinking of a 1-7

• Like 1

What did you hear? You can PM me if you lack confidence in your rumours having substance.

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

Think Haza is referring to what's been flying about all over social media in that the Belle Vue management have run out of money, rent arrears and unpaid rider's.

I believe these rumours have substance but for me it was all early season stuff when the club had no home meetings to race.

I'm quite sure Belle Vue are where they need to be financially now but the early season issues have just stuck like poo to a blanket.

What happens over the winter months will telling so a case of wait and see

• Like 1