British Speedway Forum

As I've said before how can any promotion make money or even break even on this club with the loan to pay and the crowd levels it's near impossible I'd have thought - Aces need a play off final crowd week in week out or a millionaire owner who has money to burn .Morton and Gordon delivered the new stadium hands up I never thought that would happen but they both could be remembered for the wrong reasons .

As I've said before how can any promotion make money or even break even on this club with the loan to pay and the crowd levels it's near impossible I'd have thought - Aces need a play off final crowd week in week out or a millionaire owner who has money to burn .Morton and Gordon delivered the new stadium hands up I never thought that would happen but they both could be remembered for the wrong reasons .

Paying (allegedly) a rider £6k out of a home meetings income each week to cover the home and away meeting cannot have helped!!

If the sport is to become viable, or heaven forbid, even grow, this has to stop..

If the GP rider concerned was there every week or not I can guarantee that the crowd level would have hardly been different, yet I can also guarantee that meetings were arranged on nights that were not conducive in generating good crowds just to ensure it fitted in his calender...

Couldn't make it up could you?

Speedway now is down to its die hard following only, who have proved over the last ten years or so that they will attend any old sh1te put in front of them as long as it involves "four bikes, four riders, four laps" etc etc..

Therefore. Time for the sport to go back to 'year zero' and start it all over again..

Desperate times call for desperate measures..

And this time learn from all those previous unbelievable mistakes and not do them again..

• Like 1

Paying (allegedly) a rider £6k out of a home meetings income each week to cover the home and away meeting cannot have helped!!

If the sport is to become viable, or heaven forbid, even grow, this has to stop..

If the GP rider concerned was there every week or not I can guarantee that the crowd level would have hardly been different, yet I can also guarantee that meetings were arranged on nights that were not conducive in generating good crowds just to ensure it fitted in his calender...

Couldn't make it up could you?

Speedway now is down to its die hard following only, who have proved over the last ten years or so that they will attend any old sh1te put in front of them as long as it involves "four bikes, four riders, four laps" etc etc..

Therefore. Time for the sport to go back to 'year zero' and start it all over again..

Desperate times call for desperate measures..

And this time learn from all those previous unbelievable mistakes and not do them again..

thing with the GP rider in question he can be a world beater or look very uninterested the rider in question should be on points money only then see how hungry he is - the rider in question goes missing in meetings too many times - and to pay that kind of money Aces need a bums on seats rider and the rider in question clearly isn't
  • Like 2

so Poole officials are hedging their bets before the club has to close for a year or two

Think you're on the wrong thread Steve! What has that got to do with BV?!

There have been some rumours going around for a fair few weeks now....

There have been some rumours going around for a fair few weeks now....

About Poole? Yeah I know about that. But still not on the right thread!

Sad news, but unfortunately not a shock.

Hoping for an happy ending for the Aces

Not paid any rent and owe other people too. How much did the opening meeting shambles cost them ?

so the promotion get a great new stadium and feel

that they didn't need to pay for it ? FFS

Morton & Gordon may of just lost their legendary status with the Belle Vue fans pretty much bankrupting the club.

The statement give huge indication that debts are owed all over the place not just rent.

So the question is: What happened to all the gate receipts??

What a shambles!

A free stadium from the council and they've still messed it up

Not exactly free mate, they still had the rent to pay which would have been sky high, riders to pay and insurances. would have amounted to a pretty penny. And now with the honeymoon period over.

Edited by Starman2006