Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Not paid any rent and owe other people too. How much did the opening meeting shambles cost them ?

I daren't think.

However, it is not down to that meeting alone.

The financial side of Belle Vue has not been well run at all. They owed riders thousand and thousands at the end of last season. One rider was, I believe, owed over £20k.

They were still paying off the riders from last year after this season had started.

I just hope a happy solution can be found eventually, but sounds like it may take some time.

So the question is: What happened to all the gate receipts??

Good question. Riders not paid, rent not paid................

Not paid any rent and owe other people too. How much did the opening meeting shambles cost them ?

Not sure it would have mattered mate. Some were clearly punching above there weight. Meanwhile a statement from the BSPA states BV will still be EL in 2017.

Edited by Starman2006

Not sure it would have mattered mate. Some were clearly punching above there weight. Meanwhile a statement from the BSPA states BV will still be EL in 2017.

It actually states top league ,which might be the elite league, or am I reading too much into it?

Well Belle Vue survive, JUST. From what I heard in last couple of days thereally were big doubts on our future. The meeting call off didn't help but let's be honest a well run business wouldn't of got in this mess over 1 meeting. Absolute shambles, let's hope the new promotion know how to run a business.

Club bosses have spent three days voting through plans to restructure league racing which sees both Rye House and Somerset going up!

And there’s good news for troubled Leicester and Belle Vue with both clubs ready to come to the tapes again – and at the top level.

The leagues have been rebranded Speedway Great Britain Premiership and SGB Championship – and promotion and relegation has been introduced!

Workington are expected to take their place in the Premiership, but this is subject to confirmation.

All riders will now have one average, based on PL figures, for team building with a 50-point limit for Premiership and 40 for Championship.

No team changes will be permitted in either league after July 31.

The British Speedway Promoters’ Association also intend to work with the new Gerhard engine after a visit to the Switzerland base of the GTR. This will reduce costs for riders with engines typically needing a fraction of the servicing of other engines. More details will follow once the arrangement is concluded.

It means riders who only raced in the EL will see their average increased by 1.4 to bring them in line with Premier League averages.

SGB PREMIERSHIP 2017: Belle Vue, Coventry, King’s Lynn, Leicester, Poole, Rye House, Somerset, Swindon, Wolverhampton.

SGB CHAMPIONSHIP: Berwick, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Ipswich, Newcastle, Peterborough, Redcar, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Workington* 2 home, 2 away

PREMIERSHIP KOC: Preliminary: Somerset v Leicester.

1st Round: Rye House v Swindon, King’s Lynn v Leicester or Somerset, Wolverhampton v Coventry, Belle Vue v Poole.

KNOCKOUT CUP DRAW:
PREMIERSHIP: Preliminary: Somerset v Leicester. 1st Round: Rye House v Swindon, King’s Lynn v Leicester or Somerset, Wolverhampton v Coventry, Belle Vue v Poole.
CHAMPIONSHIP: Preliminary: Peterborough v Redcar, Workington v Newcastle. 1st Round: Scunthorpe v Peterborough or Redcar, Glasgow v Workington or Newcastle, Berwick v Ipswich, Edinburgh v Sheffield.

MAJOR EVENTS VENUES:
BRITISH FINAL: TBC
PREMIERSHIP RIDERS’ INDIVIDUAL: Belle Vue.
PREMIERSHIP PAIRS: Rye House.
CHAMPIONSHIP RIDERS’ INDIVIDUAL: Glasgow.
CHAMPIONSHIP PAIRS: Somerset.
CHAMPIONSHIP FOURS: Peterborough.

I daren't think.

However, it is not down to that meeting alone.

The financial side of Belle Vue has not been well run at all. They owed riders thousand and thousands at the end of last season. One rider was, I believe, owed over £20k.

They were still paying off the riders from last year after this season had started.

I just hope a happy solution can be found eventually, but sounds like it may take some time.

my point being financially on that day and also people turned off coming back again. I for one didn't go back.

Edited by marky

You have Morton and Gordon turned a dream into reality in getting the new stadium built but whatever school of finance did they go too ?? And I still say how on earth can any promotion make this stadium pay it be a miilstone round any new promotion neck - if they got any sense they will move back into the old stadium.

BELLE VUE

1 Craig Cook 9.88
2 Scott Nicholls 9.23
3 Steve Worrall 8.51
4 Richie Worrall 8.33
5 Joe Jacobs 5.36
6 Robert Branford 4.60
7 Dan Bewley 4.00
Total 49.91
  • Like 1

It is inconceivable that the council would have built a stadium if the business plan to run it wasn't sustainable.

Clearly it is the losses accrued during the extra three years at the dog track that could not be serviced, even Tony Mole only lasted 2 seasons before he cleared off with his tail between his legs and a bit less money in his pocket.

Without the new stadium there would be no Belle Vue.

EXACTLY and also no track that is the equal to any in the world. Lots of people will go to Belle Vue on that basis. Just hope the likes of BSI and the FIM get behind whoever the new management is and bring as many top meetings to the NSS as possible.

• Like 1

It all reminds me of the children's story, The Little Red Hen.

Only thing is in this version the hen gets its neck rung before enjoying the bread.

So new promoters will come in & the old promotion will be declared bankrupt, or am I reading the statement wrong ? The riders wont get the wages they are owed if that's the case. Piss poor from Morton & co either way.

So new promoters will come in & the old promotion will be declared bankrupt, or am I reading the statement wrong ? The riders wont get the wages they are owed if that's the case. Piss poor from Morton & co either way.

Is that not what the bond is for?

• Like 1

Is that not what the bond is for?

Would have thought the purpose of the bond was to pay riders and certain bills etc.

EXACTLY and also no track that is the equal to any in the world. Lots of people will go to Belle Vue on that basis. Just hope the likes of BSI and the FIM get behind whoever the new management is and bring as many top meetings to the NSS as possible.

They've had the honeymoon period now it will be back to basics.And the EL, or Premiership or whatever its called now..