British Speedway Forum

Thank god there are a few real businessmen in the bspa who didn't let the problem with the council drift and opened early dialog.

If it wasn't for certain members of the bspa the track would be gone already.

Loads of work to be done to revive the fortunes of this club though.

• Like 2

BELLE VUE

1 Craig Cook 9.88

2 Scott Nicholls 9.23

3 Steve Worrall 8.51

4 Richie Worrall 8.33

5 Joe Jacobs 5.36

6 Robert Branford 4.60

7 Dan Bewley 4.00

Total 49.91

wrong averages there for everyone except Nicholls. The others all take their premier averages divided by 1.4

Thank god there are a few real businessmen in the bspa who didn't let the problem with the council drift and opened early dialog.

If it wasn't for certain members of the bspa the track would be gone already.

Loads of work to be done to revive the fortunes of this club though.

So when was this dialogue started?

Seeing as the BSPA have stated that Belle Vue will be running next year, they must know who the new promoters are and if so, why should anyone have any confidenece in them?

Who will be settling the debts run by Belle Vue Arena Ltd?

Will the BSPA be paying Manchester City Council any outstanding rent and any money still owed to riders?

I really can't see how it can be stated that Belle Vue will be running again next year when there are so many unanswered questions with regard to this year's goings-on.

If Belle Vue does run again in 2017 and it all goes pear-shaped, surely it would be hard to justify this course of action to any poor souls who find themselves out of pocket.

:unsure:

Hope they keep Mark Lemon on as team manager, he's one guy who can really hold his head up high after all the shenanigan's this season, he is the only person at Belle Vue who can.

They will keep Mark Lemon, i see absolutely no reason why not.

These are very valid points, STEPHEN333.

Assuming that new promoters are found for 2017, what would they be doing differently to this year's promoters?

This years crew have clearly made so little money that they couldn't even pay any rent or riders' wages, so what fundamental changes will be made to the business model to totally transform it from a heavy loss maker to a profit generator?

I would imagine that the council tax payers of Manchester will be asking their elected representatives why they have allowed this situation to develop and who will be held responsible.

Who said they didn't make enough money to pay the bills. Firstly the bills haven't been paid at all and clearly belle vue took money this season, secondly the debts were clearly huge before a wheel was turned. A good businessmen with a debt free club could and would make a success of running the team and stadium. The question is are the council prepared to clear the debt for the new owners. Clearly the this is extremely poor management simply as that

• Like 1

wrong averages there for everyone except Nicholls. The others all take their premier averages divided by 1.4

You're wrong, Gavan. They will simply take the PL average.

• Like 3

So when was this dialogue started?

Seeing as the BSPA have stated that Belle Vue will be running next year, they must know who the new promoters are and if so, why should anyone have any confidenece in them?

Who will be settling the debts run by Belle Vue Arena Ltd?

Will the BSPA be paying Manchester City Council any outstanding rent and any money still owed to riders?

I really can't see how it can be stated that Belle Vue will be running again next year when there are so many unanswered questions with regard to this year's goings-on.

If Belle Vue does run again in 2017 and it all goes pear-shaped, surely it would be hard to justify this course of action to any poor souls who find themselves out of pocket.

We don't know the answers but it seems the bspa and the interested parties do. The bspa can't and won't say too much until everything is sorted.

You are wrong.

Try reading the BSPA statement again.

• Like 1

They will keep Mark Lemon, i see absolutely no reason why not.

I won't mention the name but I was told that a current manager had been asked to belle vue manager next season by the Bspa and he turned them down , I took the information with a pinch of salt but they also told me about the rent , the riders and the outgoing promotors , so who knows

What a shocking situation and we could have had a National Speedway stadium with no speedway. I hope the new promoters have deep pockets are can get more people into the stadium on a regular basis as it is a brilliant venue for speedway!

• Like 1

You're wrong, Gavan. They will simply take the PL average.

He hasn't a clue. Kept saying for weeks on end that riders wouldn't use their PL average. Made a total fool of himself, again, by going on and on about it when PL riders were always going to use their PL average. People on here kept saying where he had heard that PL averages were not going to be used but he couldn't answer. But just kept repeating it.

Now he has been proved completely wrong, he can't even work out the rider averages for team building after the event.

No wonder the best place for him is on block. Lol!

• Like 2

I assume that BV Speedway/BV Arena Ltd have/had some full-time employees.

Does anyone know what their position is and whether they are still in employment?

I see that there is nothing about all this on the Belle Vue Speedway site and it would be nice if someone would put up a few words to clarify the situation.

If they lost money when they staged the World Cup, they couldn't run a bath, never mind a business.

THEY didn't run the SWC, BSI did. BSI had a staging agreement with them but only a few days before the event had to cough up tens of thousands of pounds to ensure that the meeting went ahead.

He hasn't a clue. Kept saying for weeks on end that riders wouldn't use their PL average. Made a total fool of himself, again, by going on and on about it when PL riders were always going to use their PL average. People on here kept saying where he had heard that PL averages were not going to be used but he couldn't answer. But just kept repeating it.

Now he has been proved completely wrong, he can't even work out the rider averages for team building after the event.

No wonder the best place for him is on block. Lol!

Is Gavan baiting a sport to you? why don't you just leave it rather than try and wind him up - it's getting very boring now!

It is being reported on ITV's website that the NSS cost £7 million to build and I believe that BVS/BVA were meant to be paying this loan back in the form of rent.

Not quite sure how long they thought it would take them to pay back that kind of money but surely any new promoter would be faced with the same debt pile, as Manchester Council has a legal responsibility to protect the tax payers' money that it has spent.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016-11-03/speedway-team-kicked-out-of-stadium-and-league/

All in all, another bad news day for speedway.

:cry: