British Speedway Forum

Terrible news for Belle Vue. Looking pretty desperate right now. Feel sorry for the fans and the riders who need to get fixed up.

Thought Shovvy would be too busy breathing a sign of relief rather than trolling this thread. After all it's good news for both Belle Vue and Poole.

From a Poole point of view this has to be good news. If Pairman had bought BV, how much time would he still want to devote to Poole?

If you've been driving a Fiat Punto and suddenly get to buy a Ferrari, you're not going to be too bothered about still taking the Punto to the car wash every week when you can be driving your new Ferrari instead.

From the BV point of view, the Pairman/Morton bid was apparently always 3rd choice out of the 4 bidders (and the 4th bidder was just a pipe-dream for someone who hadn't really got the money).

With them out of the running the other two consortium bidders, which I believe are almost the same people, can get on with forming a consortium and finalise the deal and move forward.

• Like 1

So if Mark Hennessey get the nod, what would be his role?

Would it be correct to assume that Chris Morton would continue his involvement?

Thanks

CHRIS was in the Pairman camp so there must be a doubt about that.

CHRIS was in the Pairman camp so there must be a doubt about that.

But Chris still owns Belle Vue Speedway, so he must surely be included in future plans.

But Chris still owns Belle Vue Speedway, so he must surely be included in future plans.

Chris Morton never owned Belle Vue. He was only a co-promoter. His fellow co-promoter David Gordon was the 100% shareholder.

But anyway their speedway licence was annulled at the AGM, as were both their promoters licences. So neither can be a promoter, although I suppose they could be employed in an unlicenced role.

Chris Morton never owned Belle Vue. He was only a co-promoter. His fellow co-promoter David Gordon was the 100% shareholder.

But anyway their speedway licence was annulled at the AGM, as were both their promoters licences. So neither can be a promoter, although I suppose they could be employed in an unlicenced role.

Well according to Companies House, Christopher Morton is the only active director of Belle Vue Speedway Limited:-

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06012405

So does that not suggest that it is his company?

Terrible news for Belle Vue. Looking pretty desperate right now. Feel sorry for the fans and the riders who need to get fixed up.

Is the track next door still there? Running a NL team at the old track might be a solution?

Your simply just a troll or lacking intelligence

Belle Vue have had 1 pull out of a race of at least 3 people. The other 2 bidders are the preferred bidders and more than likely will get together. You obviously have no clue as to the situation at the club or would that not suit your agenda. Why you feel the need to gloat and troll over it is beyond me. Still i guess in your warped mind you feel if there are less teams then Poole might not choke this year

Edited by Gavan

Well according to Companies House, Christopher Morton is the only active director of Belle Vue Speedway Limited:-

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06012405

So does that not suggest that it is his company?

That suggests he is a director of that particular limited company.

I could get a job as managing director of Tesco, but it doesn't mean I own Tesco.

i could even pay £25ish quid to companies house and set up a company called "My own Tesco Ltd" and be the sole shareholder and appoint myself managing director... but unless my own tesco owns a few thousand shops I'm not going to be voted retailer of the year.

Edited by John Leslie

Gloating? Are you truly mad? Why on earth would I gloat over the demise of a club? I said it was terrible news and it is. The very respected Gordon Pairman has just pulled the plug on his efforts to run Belle Vue. I believe its a complete smokescreen to say he is out of the country in January. That might have been a decent excuse years ago but you can be in complete contact in the middle of the Atlantic. It doesnt matter where you are if you have a phone signal as facetime and Skype work just fine. Why would he need to be in the room?

More than likely he didn't like what he saw and pulled the plug. I do hope for Belle Vues sake that there are others who are willing to spend, by the sound of it, vast amounts of money to get the club back on an even keel.

Unwarranted? Are people on here not allowed to have an opinion on what is going on at Belle Vue? Pairman pulling out is clearly worth debating. Too many on here trying to be politically correct and afraid of speaking out on an issue. If you think Pairman pulling out is good news then fair enough.

Pairman pulling out. Belle Vue's options getting smaller with the clock ticking.

I hope that something can be sorted but the season starts in about 8 weeks time with the fixture list published in a couple of weeks. Time for this preferred option to get his hands in his pockets and cough up the readies.

All this waffle 3 interested partys Pairman did not make the final cut end of So where is the terrible news it means they are closer to picking the new Belle vue promoter out of the 2 remaining candidates.

• Like 2

That suggests he is a director of that particular limited company.

I could get a job as managing director of Tesco, but it doesn't mean I own Tesco.

i could even pay £25ish quid to companies house and set up a company called "My own Tesco Ltd" and be the sole shareholder and appoint myself managing director... but unless my own tesco owns a few thousand shops I'm not going to be voted retailer of the year.

Well, I know what you are saying but if nothing else, does he not at least own the name and the brand?

David Gordon still owns the £30,000 of shares but he is no longer a director.

So surely both these individuals are sill on the scene in some shape or form?

steve dont you think suggesting belle vue running in the national league was unwarranted ??

no he wont see any issue with that.

yet he goes on the Poole thread and tells people they shouldnt post there. Not a nice human being simple as that

All this waffle 3 interested partys Pairman did not make the final cut end of So where is the terrible news it means they are closer to picking the new Belle vue promoter out of the 2 remaining candidates.

Those are the facts that everyone knows in speedway apart from Shovlar....vile

steve dont you think suggesting belle vue running in the national league was unwarranted ??

I thought they were running in the national league? Sharing a team with Coventry?
  • Like 1

So if Mark Hennessey get the nod, what would be his role?

Would it be correct to assume that Chris Morton would continue his involvement?

Thanks

Not a clue