British Speedway Forum

wow. sales are going to go through the roof next week !

Yep one week only, now imagine how strong sales could be week in and week out if they used their journalistic skills to dig the dirt on what is really going on behind the scenes in Speedway, and didn't worry about towing the line or upsetting the establishment!

• Like 9

Yep one week only, now imagine how strong sales could be week in and week out if they used their journalistic skills to dig the dirt on what is really going on behind the scenes in Speedway, and didn't worry about towing the line or upsetting the establishment!

Speedway star has a very neutral view on all aspects of the sport , that's why I stopped my order about 7 years ago , it only reports what goes hand in glove with the BSPA and has a very fragile spine , no backbone or bite . It would be refreshing if it had a mind of it's own with cutting edge stories and had it's own personal view but it seems everything they report on has to have approval from the powers that be making it not worth buying anymore. When the stand off involving Coventry and Peterborough a few years ago the speedway star only reported what in formation was given from the BSPA and the promotions involved but had no view of how it should have been handled or who they thought was right and wrong and what should have happened to put it right. Instead they just went along with the same old waffle. which was enough for me cancel my weekly order and I certainly wont be reconsidering my decision

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 3

Tweedle dumb and dumb tweedle and the sky/tv contract would be a cracker of a story.

I could certainly give them some great insight from my days as a promoter.

You know I could never get my head round ReadyPower becoming main team sponsor for Poole Pirates following the winter of discontent.

And can you imagine if the Star ever decided to look into the administration of our sport and gain an insight into it's annual accounts.

And wouldn't it be great to hear what various people within the ACU think about how speedway is run and what advice they would give for moving forward.

And what about analysing crashes between riders and giving their opinions on who was in the right and wrong and essentially judging weather the ref made the right call.... They called even create a referee league table based on the amount of correct decisions made over a season.

Any other ideas?

• Like 5

Can't get the SS in the Yew Tree Shopping Village in Wooton Wawen...what's going on?

Can't get the SS in the Yew Tree Shopping Village in Wooton Wawen...what's going on?

Great breakfast there though, so I have heard.........

I could certainly give them some great insight from my days as a promoter.

You know I could never get my head round ReadyPower becoming main team sponsor for Poole Pirates following the winter of discontent.

And can you imagine if the Star ever decided to look into the administration of our sport and gain an insight into it's annual accounts.

And wouldn't it be great to hear what various people within the ACU think about how speedway is run and what advice they would give for moving forward.

And what about analysing crashes between riders and giving their opinions on who was in the right and wrong and essentially judging weather the ref made the right call.... They called even create a referee league table based on the amount of correct decisions made over a season.

Any other ideas?

A page 3

• Like 1

there will always be a page 3 , its normally found after 2 , but before 4 , i can see all those glistening helmets and dirty kevlars on that particular page with wee comments from tweedle dum and tweedle dee . coming from speech bubbles of their inset photo,s . yep , page 3 from the top drawer, thats where it came from ..

Had a SS subscription for years, by far the most reliable source - delivered every Thurs whearas Supermarkets and Newsagents very hit or miss. Still wouldn't be without it but can understand the comments regarding towing the BSPA line. It could and should be more cutting and controversial.

• Like 2

So what is happening at Belle Vue - considering today is apparently the last day to declare intent to run in 2017?

Could be the latest ever fixture list produced in history.

What an utter farce this sport has become.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

So what is happening at Belle Vue - considering today is apparently the last day to declare intent to run in 2017?

Must admit it seems a perfect storm of problems with 3 clubs out of 9 at a risk of not running at some point during this winter...... thank god they managed to entice Somerset and Rye House into the Premiership or it would have died in November.

Whilst you must admit that it would be hard to link all these issues together I think the farce has been the lack of PR on all fronts in keeping the fans informed, this in turn will make them feel less loved and potentially effect their emotional connection, the one which makes them attend every week no matter the teams form and weather. If this is the end result then less people will attend meetings and the inevitable will happen again next season with 'will they or wont they run'.

This sport is most definitely on life support if continues running its house in this way!

• Like 5

Whilst you must admit that it would be hard to link all these issues together I think the farce has been the lack of PR on all fronts in keeping the fans informed, this in turn will make them feel less loved and potentially effect their emotional connection, the one which makes them attend every week no matter the teams form and weather.

So true. Trouble is promoters don't think we need to know what's going on and keep everything quiet. We have had no comment from Mick Horton since the end of the 2016 season regarding Coventry so all that happens is fans speculating on possible different outcomes and becoming more disillusioned with the sport. Is no news good news? Who knows but as Sandhu has now apparently 'moved on' and the stadium is missing most of the things that make it operational I'm sadly in the disillusioned and pessimistic camp.

• Like 1

Very unlikely.

The 1964 NL fixture list wasn't released until mid May!!