Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Have to say that side is better than somerset, but that would be about it. Would be ok at home but awful away. Etter than any pl side though

• Like 2

Its looking more and more, if the Aces want to field a competative / all round side ,

they will have to sacrifice either one of the Worrals or Jacobs , or both .

in order to fit 6pt / 7pt riders in and give the team strength in depth ??

That's a Premier League team with inflated averages

That IS their PL averages!

• Like 1

Its looking more and more, if the Aces want to field a competative / all round side ,

they will have to sacrifice either one of the Worrals or Jacobs , or both .

in order to fit 6pt / 7pt riders in and give the team strength in depth ??

Richie worrall looks poor value on that average as dies Jacobs, so I'd agree with that. Steve Worrall surely will be kept though, not particularly good value on that average, but probably comparable to the likes of garrity and Ellis in that they will likely drop around 1-1.5 off their starting average.

Wheras I could see Richie and Jacobs dropping 30% off their averages.

• Like 1

the thing with both worralls is when on form they can beat anyone

from the gate or from the back

joe jacobs prooved last season round belle vue hes a different rider

i agree that line up could roll out in the old prem league

but can it do a job in the new premership well too be honest i dont see why not at home anyway which is how most teams are built

• Like 1

1/ Fricke 9.92
2/ Berge 6.91
3/ S Worrall 8.47
4/ Sedgman 7.60
5/ Cook 9.83
6/ Bewley 3.90
7/ *3.37

the thing with both worralls is when on form they can beat anyone

from the gate or from the back

joe jacobs prooved last season round belle vue hes a different rider

i agree that line up could roll out in the old prem league

but can it do a job in the new premership well too be honest i dont see why not at home anyway which is how most teams are built

Good point , and I'd be happy to keep the nucleus of last seasons team ,however there are riders available with more 'realistic' averages

That would give the Aces a more solid looking 1 to 7 . IMO

Edited by WestGorton1884

Fricke

Cook

Worrall

Worrall

Berge

Bewley

Smith

Or

Cook

Fricke

Sedgman

Stevie

Richie

Smith

JPB

Or a team that will surprise everyone ;)

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

R Worrall, Bewley and Smith won't work, unless it's Andy lol as you can't have more than two riders from the same championship club riding for the same Premiership club.

• Like 1

R Worrall, Bewley and Smith won't work, unless it's Andy lol as you can't have more than two riders from the same championship club riding for the same Premiership club.

Someone else said this but it was countered by it being different as we own Bewley. Just what I read.

If and that's a big if they use all 3 then they have asked for special dispensation.

But I don't think all 3 will be there. Just the 2

Steve is a determined young man. He has the ability to become a good heat leader in the top league... I do hope that he achieves it

Riding at Rawicz will be another stepping stone to his improvement up the ladder.

• Like 4

Someone else said this but it was countered by it being different as we own Bewley. Just what I read.

You also own Richie but it still wouldnt be allowed all 3 stated are in the Glasgow team which i presume Bellvue agreed to so any 2 from 3 regardless who owns them if they are declared in another team.

Steve is a determined young man. He has the ability to become a good heat leader in the top league... I do hope that he achieves it

Riding at Rawicz will be another stepping stone to his improvement up the ladder.

Kyle Newman signed for Pila last year but he didn't get a ride, the promotion sticking with local lads. But good luck to him if he actually gets a chance in a meeting.