British Speedway Forum

Surely it's AR?

Rosco??? :)

So,it's one of the team of investors that threw their hat in the ring back in 2013. Perhaps another member of that group could also be

involved?

R.S.?

So,it's one of the team of investors that threw their hat in the ring back in 2013. Perhaps another member of that group could also be

involved?

R.S.?

Yep. But I only found that out today. So that was kept quiet. So that's 2 very successful businessmen.

And they have put the right person in as promoter. Hopefully good times are here. But depends how much they know about speedway. But ML and NM should able to offer them sound advice as promoters

Edited by Phil The Ace

Yep. But I only found that out today. So that was kept quiet. So that's 2 very successful businessmen.

And they have put the right person in as promoter. Hopefully good times are here. But depends how much they know about speedway. But ML and NM should able to offer them sound advice as promoters

So who is the promoter, Phil, might as well tell us that as well.

So I presume the following link to be a useful decipher... http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=986

EDIT: Thank you Mr Shovlar for providing clues that were a considerable step up from the cryptic initials in some of the other posts!

ML thankfully fairly obvious (and pleasing news if he remains involved) but not a clue who NM is - unless he has connections with Dorset....

Edited by Tkdandy
  • Like 1

So I presume the following link to be a useful decipher... http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=986

EDIT: Thank you Mr Shovlar for providing clues that were a considerable step up from the cryptic initials in some of the other posts!

ML thankfully fairly obvious (and pleasing news if he remains involved) but not a clue who NM is - unless he has connections with Dorset....

I suspect he has connections with Sheffield................

• Like 2

Pirate Oliver, on 03 Feb 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

I think its time to merge the two leagues

I think that is exactly the reason why the averages have been adjusted over the close season. It represents how close the top two leagues are now. I may well be wrong, but I really fancy a merger could be on the cards for 2018.

Too many people being clever and posting in a style of I know something you don't style....what a load of crap....I'm past caring who the new owners are..fans are being taken for mugs....I won't be visiting there this season for sure.

I think that is exactly the reason why the averages have been adjusted over the close season. It represents how close the top two leagues are now. I may well be wrong, but I really fancy a merger could be on the cards for 2018.

There would be a big old rider shortage.

What's Tony Atkin got to do with it?

Is he still going the old dawg, remember him in his Bradford days

• Like 1

Why have you included Swindon, the club is in a good state financially, the promotion are promoting the club well now, The stadium can't be knocked down until the new one arrives, Seems an odd comment to me.

i included Swindon because its a bit messy IMO.

The "final" meeting has been held at the old track, the "new" track doe not seem to be making progress at all, and still some think the new stadium will never be built (seeing is believing), and I think I am right to say the new housing estate is progressing very well. I would be reassured if the new stadium was making progress in this relatively mild weathered winter.

I hope it all does come to fruition, but at the moment there are still question marks.

Only my opinion of course.

The top league is now built up of the lower league and would make more sense to completely merge imo the top division is no better in class than lower division.