British Speedway Forum

Then he shouldn't make idle threats.

THEY weren't idle. It's not always advantageous to wash one's dirty linen in public. And the public don't have a divine right to know everything.

GP has decided that discretion is the better choice when looking at the bigger picture and I for one applaud him for that.

• Like 1

You been sacked already haha

Sacked? I think you've got the wrong Neil. I guess you meant Neil Drummond?

YES, when the dust has settled on the new promotion.

Some of the remarks on here about 'investigative' journalism make me laugh. We are not the police or even a national newspaper with the money, time and experienced guys in that field. It is hard enough producing a 48 page mag every week on limited resources.

If people don't want to talk or limit what they say that is their prerogative. Gordon Pairman declined to embellish his original statement but there was hardly any need. MCC wouldn't comment.

The SCB would only confirm that BV's licence was annulled to protect the speedway assets (riders) of the club from the hands of administrators should they be called in.

I never said this was the end of the story and more will come out at a future date but nothing will be gained at this stage and until the future of speedway at the NSS is cut and dried.

WOULD concur with that.

If investigative journalism is printing one persons version of events and not challenging it when it contradicts a different version of the same event that is out in the public domain then you nailed it, Lets hail the free press who investigates a story without asking a question ?

# toothless

Edited by New Science
  • Like 1

If investigative journalism is printing one persons version of events and not challenging it when it contradicts a different version of the same event that is out in the public domain then you nailed it, Lets hail the free press who investigates a story without asking a question ?

# toothless

WHAT is the question?

Tonight sold out

• Like 2

Have to ask, but does anybody know of a team in any division that has been given this long to be in any League of any kind?

2011 - Peterborough and Coventry were admitted to the Elite League after a meeting on March 10. which was subsequently ratified and officially announced on March 15

• Like 4

Must be a record 2120 posts and still no official statement . Just shows the amount of utter crap that has been posted on hear

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 2

Must be a record 2120 posts and still no official statement . Just shows the amount of utter crap that has been posted on hear

But your's is definitely the best.

You're quite a wordsmith on the quiet.

THEY weren't idle. It's not always advantageous to wash one's dirty linen in public. And the public don't have a divine right to know everything.

GP has decided that discretion is the better choice when looking at the bigger picture and I for one applaud him for that.

I can't deny any of that.

But what we had was a very relevant party saying on a very public forum to a lot of very interested people that he would make clear his views on a very emotive subject. If there was the slightest trace of doubt that he would do so he shouldn't have said so in the first place and it just gives further credence to the belief that criticism of the bspa by one of its members will not be tolerated.

Have to ask, but does anybody know of a team in any division that has been given this long to be in any League of any kind?

I do not know of one and would have thought that the BSPA would have changed the League license to an OPEN LICENCE for common sense, financial & face saving!

I have lost the will to live on this debacle weeks ago.

Feel free to discuss my post, but I would NOT allow any BV team into any league 'til 2018 at the earliest after proving themselves like others have done in the past.

So you would be willing to deprive BV fans , probably the only innocent party in all of this , speedway in 2017 and make one of the best race tracks in England redundant for 12 months , just because it's taking longer than expected to finalise the takeover ? Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

Thank you Grand Central its good to no over 2000 posts and mine is the best

It's "know" not "no"

• Like 2

And it's "here" not "hear"

• Like 3

I can't deny any of that.

But what we had was a very relevant party saying on a very public forum to a lot of very interested people that he would make clear his views on a very emotive subject. If there was the slightest trace of doubt that he would do so he shouldn't have said so in the first place and it just gives further credence to the belief that criticism of the bspa by one of its members will not be tolerated.

Maybe after being out of the country for a month and 'sleeping on the situation' as well as taking into account GP's position on the Speedway Control Bureau, he's decided not to make further comment?! His prerogative I would have thought!