British Speedway Forum

i can understand the relief , even euphoria of fans to finally see real progress instead of rumours and promises but is a Premier Lge strength Peter Craven Memorial (at best) a fair exchange for any fan who has held on to their ticket to help the club , remembering that the original line-up was probably not even bettered by the british g.p.

Better than the option of no refund in any form, any outstanding monies owed were not the new managements debts, so they offewr free entry and still get criticised ?

• Like 4

I find this very strange that Morton & Gordon have not been paid any money that is due to them over this fiasco. BV engaged Loss Assessors who reported damage to the BV business of £696,782 pounds. This is money owed to the BV business which is Morton & Gordon.

The debt that MCC should have claimed off ISG was for work not done according to the plans ie; South Stand, West Stand, Toilets & drains, etc. They should also claim for any remedial work to be carried out(leaking roof) etc to be done in the future. They should, also, have insisted ISG pay the rent for the temporary South & West Stands

Contracts finally signed. And the new owners revealed.

All systems go now

• Like 7

I don't pretend to understand the ins and outs of this saga, but I would like to offer my best wishes to the new team running Belle Vue speedway and hope that the team put out for 2017 do the promotion and the loyal fans proud. This stadium is awesome and am so glad it has been saved, and will be used for generations to come.

Safe 2017 to all concerned.

• Like 3

Why. Before you start talking to the owners of what was a major problem, surely it is in order to gain information from the other side before confronting the owners. The info gathered would be the points for discussion rather than the points raised by the BV promotion. In business or the law, you don't have to liaise with one side, whilst you do your own investigations with the other side. Buster didn't go in as an individual, but as Chairman of the ruling body of the sport, to try and protect the sport as a whole. That's his job.

Would any BV fan really just expect the promotion to plod on doing what they were into, and not expect Buster to do some prying to see what was really happening.

My thinking is.... the important thing to do is to talk to both sides, which order doesnt matter - its the fact finding exercise that is important. Has it been stated that BC did have talks with BV, or was it one sided.????

Can we not forget that past now and move on.

It's the start of a new era today. 1 year after the last era started haha

• Like 3

My thinking is.... the important thing to do is to talk to both sides, which order doesnt matter - its the fact finding exercise that is important. Has it been stated that BC did have talks with BV, or was it one sided.????

Totally agree.

i think you will find from his previous postings FF thinks that BC went behind BV's backs to talk to MCC. I think that BC would be following up the stories circulating to see if they were true or not. He needed to have a comprehensive history of things to see what needed to be done.

• Like 1

Is it not possible to move this topic forward, to discussions re the New Promotion & the season ahead, instead of keep going over the same old ground re the last promotion.

If members wish to discuss Belle Vue and the old promotion, cannot it be done under a new header.

Lets move on and talk about the possible exciting future ahead, for Belle Vue.

• Like 2

I heard that one club recently lost nearly 2 million which dwarfs the Belle Vue figure. I'm sure there are many who agree with you and feel this club should be kicked out. Can anybody in the know tell us who it is?

I am sure there aren't. If they do - then they can hardly call themselves Speedway Supporters.

Thank you very much indeed Phil for keeping us all up to date with the proceedings at the Meeting.

I would like to wish all at Belle Vue, my very best wishes for the coming Seasons, and hope that over the years Speedway will prosper in the wonderful new Stadium..

Regardless of the 'rights and wrongs' of what has gone on over the last couple of years - I think we should all move forward and support those who are rescuing this great Club, the Riders, the Staff and all involved in Belle Vue Stadium.

Importantly - it should never be forgotten that only because of Mr. Gordon and Mr. Morton Belle Vue have the possibility of a great future in a great Stadium.

• Like 1

Yeh

£113m is a BIG loss

So, having read the 2013 article, here

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=986

Tony Rice and Robin Southwell, were part of the

"stunning team of international business big-hitters who will play a major part in the club’s new era."

assembled by David Gordon,

H'mm the plot thickens

• Like 1