Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Up to the 20th of June we had rode 8 away and only 4 at home so it could have been a struggle. However up to the corresponding date last season we rode 9 away and 4 at home but somehow in a stadium with higher rent and no sundry income we coped better? The team was pretty much the same too.

People might say that we had the Craven to refund but we had pages and pages on here saying it hadn't been refunded.

In addition to all this the crowd numbers are double those of last year.

If we could manage last year we can certainly manage this year.

Sorry to introduce logic and facts into a rumour fuelled topic.

I'm almost expecting a warning from the mods as it seems these two things are frowned upon on here.

P.S.

Still waiting to here anything of substance from these "in the know" types.

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

Got told a couple of weeks ago by a riders sponsor that he was owed a lot of money.

I was surprised by that, given the information above.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

What did you hear? You can PM me if you lack confidence in your rumours having substance.

Cheers mate.

Very familiar style of post this... where have I seen it before.

Up to the 20th of June we had rode 8 away and only 4 at home so it could have been a struggle. However up to the corresponding date last season we rode 9 away and 4 at home but somehow in a stadium with higher rent and no sundry income we coped better? The team was pretty much the same too.

People might say that we had the Craven to refund but we had pages and pages on here saying it hadn't been refunded.

In addition to all this the crowd numbers are double those of last year.

If we could manage last year we can certainly manage this year.

Sorry to introduce logic and facts into a rumour fuelled topic.

I'm almost expecting a warning from the mods as it seems these two things are frowned upon on here.

P.S.

Still waiting to here anything of substance from these "in the know" types.

Hi Fred

Got told a couple of weeks ago by a riders sponsor that he was owed a lot of money.

I was surprised by that, given the information above.

Also been told the same thing from a couple of different sources.

A big crowd tonight will help the situation IF there is any problem.

• Like 1

Hi Fred

a big crowd will help for sure but I'd have thought a big crowd is needed each and every meeting not just tonight .
  • Like 1

Hi Fred

It's not Fred. But I think they are related. Brothers I guess

RIDERS being owed money is commonplace ... actually having their debt paid off, albeit it slowly is quite another and as I understand it that has been the case at Belle Due and elsewhere.

RIDERS being owed money is commonplace ... actually having their debt paid off, albeit it slowly is quite another and as I understand it that has been the case at Belle Due and elsewhere.

The rider above had, I was told, been paid something but not all. Apparently his other club pay on the nail every time.

Are you saying the rumours are true or false with that statement?!?

When I'm making a purchase, going for a meal or visiting some other establishment I like many others check out the web for information. Only the other day I backed off making a purchase after reading information on a website.

Any would be sponsor of this great sport of ours would do the same and with little in the way of impartial web information would end up on Facebook, Twitter or here. What do you think these potential investors would think when there is continual reference to financial irregularities by their would be benefactor?

If there is substance to these rumours then to keep on and on about it on THE UK speedway fan site is crazy. Sure it makes you look big and clever but just think of the bigger picture for once.

The fact that nobody including riders have come out and said anything concrete makes me doubt it validity. So this then makes it all the worse to have tittle tattle parading as fact mentioned time and time again on every thread they can.

What's in it for you and more importantly what's in it for the sport?

Edited by ouch

How about the manager going. Didn't manage Australia too well in the WTC in July, and judging from the comments on here he didn't manage BV too well Monday at Wolves.

Yeah, get Middlo in. Get's knocked out in the semis but talks a good game.

You must be joking!!!!!

When I'm making a purchase, going for a meal or visiting some other establishment I like many others check out the web for information. Only the other day I backed off making a purchase after reading information on a website.

Any would be sponsor of this great sport of ours would do the same and with little in the way of impartial web information would end up on Facebook, Twitter or here. What do you think these potential investors would think when there is continual reference to financial irregularities by their would be benefactor?

If there is substance to these rumours then to keep on and on about it on THE UK speedway fan site is crazy. Sure it makes you look big and clever but just think of the bigger picture for once.

The fact that nobody including riders have come out and said anything concrete makes me doubt it validity. So this then makes it all the worse to have tittle tattle parading as fact mentioned time and time again on every thread they can.

Riders don't speak out because if they do they are unlikely to ever get their money and if they withhold their services they get a ban to boot.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Zagar has had a difficult season which he has put down to mechanical problems but his form at the NSS improved at the same time as it did in the GP's. He has looked much faster.

Zagar averaged 8.03 in 2015 and has averaged 8.04 in 2016. When you consider his home average has dropped from 8.93 to 8 I'd say he's over all had a not too bad year. He's put his average up at every track apart from Lakeside.

Edited by SCB

Riders don't speak out because if they do they are unlikely to ever get their money and if they withhold their services they get a ban to boot.

The Swindon team spoke out and protested that resulted in an Aces win a while back. Just recently Lindback refused to ride for his Swedish team over money.

If it's an issue they speak out.

So you agree "Fred" should going on about lost revenue for clubs without substance or fact to back it up..that's good...

The Swindon team spoke out and protested that resulted in an Aces win a while back. Just recently Lindback refused to ride for his Swedish team over money.

If it's an issue they speak out.

They did. At home to Kings Lynn.

• Like 1