British Speedway Forum

They did. At home to Kings Lynn.

You don't half talk rubbish. As someone who was actually there and saw the effort being put in there was no question of anyone not trying.

I remember Klindt reporting in the star about Leicester riders not being paid a few weeks back. As captain he has to sign a report for the referee to indicate if they have been paid or not.

What's the time limit on payment? That night, the next day, a week or 28 days?

I'm just trying to see if there has been a misunderstanding with these "in the know" types, as I can't see them maliciously spreading rumours.

There was a minor ex ace spouting off a while back but he had an axe to grind and I think everyone took it with a pinch of salt at the time.

I remember Klindt reporting in the star about Leicester riders not being paid a few weeks back. As captain he has to sign a report for the referee to indicate if they have been paid or not.

What's the time limit on payment? That night, the next day, a week or 28 days?

I'm just trying to see if there has been a misunderstanding with these "in the know" types, as I can't see them maliciously spreading rumours.

There was a minor ex ace spouting off a while back but he had an axe to grind and I think everyone took it with a pinch of salt at the time.

look go and enjoy the play off final Aces deserve to win as finished top of the league then worry about next season.
  • Like 1

You couldn't pat me on the head whilst giving me a sugar lump just to complete the picture.

Oh and a drink in a none spill cup.

• Like 2

There are a variety of reasons why riders get paid late, not necessarily b ecause the club is in financial trouble itself. Sometimes it is because a sponsors payment is late, sometimes because another club is late (sometimes very late) with their points payment for away matches. There are certain clubs that always seem to be notoriously late payers though. Several years ago I knew of a top rider that had been waiting 2 years for his money for a guest appearance. I don't know whether he actually got paid in the end, but it was from a particular club that has a reputation for late payments. They are not all like that though.

RIDERS being owed money is commonplace ... actually having their debt paid off, albeit it slowly is quite another and as I understand it that has been the case at Belle Due and elsewhere.

Was "Belle Due" A deliberate mistake?

• Like 2

Back to the line up for next season, yes its very early...(20 mins after heat 15 of the final!) but I agree about the ones who may go.

Zagar took a long time signing this season so could be in doubt - whether he is in the GPs could change that - and sorry to say it but it may be time to lose Nicholls.

In a team of relative youth when a 38 year old struggles its not good

• Like 1

Zagar said tonight he wants to come back to belle vue next season.

Was that in front of the crowd though?

Yes but he wasn't asked any questions he took the mic and conducted his own interview.

Zagar said tonight he wants to come back to belle vue next season.

Seems to have got himself/his equipment sorted out in the last few weeks. Looks dialed in at the NSS now, so probably worth another shot. Scotty would be bettered served away from NSS - even when he's scored good points at home, he's not looked impressive.

Yes but he wasn't asked any questions he took the mic and conducted his own interview.

Cheers, hope he does come back and is a bit more consistent.

Not enough no 1s around to lose him imo

Seems to have got himself/his equipment sorted out in the last few weeks. Looks dialed in at the NSS now, so probably worth another shot. Scotty would be bettered served away from NSS - even when he's scored good points at home, he's not looked impressive.

As someone who has no mechanical knowledge I used to hear a lot of set up problems were down to the need to 'kill' the engine speed.

As a layman I would have thought its easier to get a bike going @ NSS with pure speed/power than the likes of Wolves, Lakeside, Arlington (going back in time there!) where the corners are much harsher.

Seems odd to me that Nicholls struggles at home tbh

• Like 1

Zagar, Cooke, Worralls & Jacobs. Who else fits? I assume Jacobs is an ELDR, Worralls will come in on their PL average halved.

• Like 1