British Speedway Forum

steve dont you think suggesting belle vue running in the national league was unwarranted ??

At this time the club has no owner, and therefore no money. Surely rather than no speedway at all, a few people could get together and run a NL team on the old track. This would surely be preferrable to having no speedway at all. The costs would be minimal in comparison to taking on a top flight team in a stadium which has so far proved to be too expensive to run.

Can you understand now why I suggested this? I don't believe the idea is unwarranted at all and needs to be considered.

But surely the Covchester Cut 'n' Shuts were meant to be the fall-back position if either Belle Vue or Coventry weren't viable operations.

The scenario where neither is a viable operation was perhaps not built into the original strategy.

Anyway, let's hope that Mark Hennessey might prove to be the club's saviour.

Ah well.... Onwards and Upwards !

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

This is dated 2010 - 2013. So old news I think?

He was just pointing out that Mark hennessy own autogate and is previous sponsor

• Like 1

At this time the club has no owner, and therefore no money. Surely rather than no speedway at all, a few people could get together and run a NL team on the old track. This would surely be preferrable to having no speedway at all. The costs would be minimal in comparison to taking on a top flight team in a stadium which has so far proved to be too expensive to run.

Can you understand now why I suggested this? I don't believe the idea is unwarranted at all and needs to be considered.

THINK that the prospective new promoters have plenty of money but their deal with MCC will be very different to that imposed on DG and CM last year.

I believe that Mark Hennessy fell out with David Gordon some time ago but has been keen to get involved again and appears to be the preferred option for the BSPA.

Its increasingly looks like the new promoters will effectively rent the facility on a meeting by meeting basis or perhaps an agreed rent for the season but nothing like the £300,000 facing DG and CM and that MCC will take over control of the stadium and be responsible for other events staged there.

THINK that the prospective new promoters have plenty of money but their deal with MCC will be very different to that imposed on DG and CM last year.

I believe that Mark Hennessy fell out with David Gordon some time ago but has been keen to get involved again and appears to be the preferred option for the BSPA.

Its increasingly looks like the new promoters will effectively rent the facility on a meeting by meeting basis or perhaps an agreed rent for the season but nothing like the £300,000 facing DG and CM and that MCC will take over control of the stadium and be responsible for other events staged there.

I wasn't aware that Manchester City Council was in the business of running stadia.

I thought their function was to provide services for their residents.

And even if MCC did go into the stadium management business, I'm not entirely sure what kind of events they would be putting on.

But PHILIPRISING is closer to the horse's mouth than most of us and he has stated that speedway will definitely be taking place at Belle Vue Arena in 2017, so we will just have to accept what he is saying and await good news in the not too distant future.

no he wont see any issue with that.

yet he goes on the Poole thread and tells people they shouldnt post there. Not a nice human being simple as that

As i said before, he's a lot better than you'l ever be.

As i said before, he's a lot better than you'l ever be.

It really is buy one, get one free with you two is it not?

• Like 1

It really is buy one, get one free with you two is it not?

No no at all, just time and time again Steve proves he's a better person that he will ever be..

This will make Speedway viable at the NSS.

Hopefully the new promoters will be announced soon.

Hope this is true. If a rent can be set that is fair and gives the opportunity of the speedway clubs survival that would be good news.

What I don't understand, however, is why the BSPA would want Mark Hennessy? What experience has this person got at speedway promotion for the BSPA to want him as their preferred option?

A genuine question.

• Like 1

This is dated 2010 - 2013. So old news I think?

Beat me to it, Autogate were the main sponsors before Rentruck came on board

Beat me to it, Autogate were the main sponsors before Rentruck came on board

Again he was just showing ppl what his previous involvement with speedway especially belle vue speedway was.

What I don't understand, however, is why the BSPA would want Mark Hennessy? What experience has this person got at speedway promotion for the BSPA to want him as their preferred option?

I remember asking the same question about a dodgy-looking hairdresser in 1998.

• Like 2