Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

IF he is prepared to say why ...

Probably not while he is still co-pro at poole

i thought he said he pulled out because he had a busy few weeks looming

he did could not give it all his attention that's what he said

He also said,

“I'd like to put on record my thanks to Manchester City Council for everything they have done and are doing to make the National Speedway Stadium and the Belle Vue Aces a success, and wish the best of luck to whomsoever is favoured by BSPA to take over this icon of speedway."

Could some draw the conclusion from that final comment that he was not favoured by the BSPA?

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

He also said,

“I'd like to put on record my thanks to Manchester City Council for everything they have done and are doing to make the National Speedway Stadium and the Belle Vue Aces a success, and wish the best of luck to whomsoever is favoured by BSPA to take over this icon of speedway."

Could some draw the conclusion from that final comment that he was not favoured by the BSPA?

PHILIPRISING has said that, "The BSPA were not supportive and seem to prefer an alternative solution".

So clearly, the BSPA have received an alternative proposal which is more to their liking, for some reason.

We shall wait to hear why one proposal is favoured over another but for the BSPA's sake, they had better be 100% confident in the validity of this other proposal because if they mess this up then they might just have one or two questions to answer.

:t:

WestGorton1884, on 07 Jan 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

Considering the state of the sport in this country , i think its in everyones interest to make sure teams

like Belle Vue , Coventry and Leicester carry on running .

Yes , that's what some people don't seem to realise ..There is no point of us having a ball if we have nobody to play with !!!

• Like 2

I wasn't aware that Manchester City Council was in the business of running stadia.

I thought their function was to provide services for their residents.

Coventry City Council ran the Ricoh Arena for 10 years before Wasps bought it. I'm sure there are other councils that do the same.

Coventry City Council ran the Ricoh Arena for 10 years before Wasps bought it. I'm sure there are other councils that do the same.

Originally, the stadium was operated by Arena Coventry Ltd, which comprised the City Council and a charity.

This is probably a similar set-up to the Manchester Velodrome which is operated as a trust.

Wasps bought the stadium from the trust.

What day does the Speedway Star come out?

I think this might be the week that I renew my acquaintance with this journalistic masterpiece.

:t:

Edited by Little Thumper

There is no reason why I wouldn't be prepared to comment but I'm not sure my views are that important.

I have, however, written something for this week's Star.

If the Star declines to publish it, and that's entirely up to it, then I'll post my comments here

Thank you, Gordon.

There is no reason why I wouldn't be prepared to comment but I'm not sure my views are that important.

I have, however, written something for this week's Star.

If the Star declines to publish it, and that's entirely up to it, then I'll post my comments here

Your views are very important Gordon.

You and your consortium may have been the best option but others see different.

When the others get put in place and if Belle Vue go right up the s#!+er people will ask "why wasn't someone like Pairman who understands how to work within this sport not given a shot?".

Speedway is different from many other sports in that the fans have an interest in every other team.

Mainly because it's a minority sport and we all feel connected in some way.

A failing at any club has such a huge knock on affect everywhere else.

Your views are very important Gordon.

You and your consortium may have been the best option but others see different.

When the others get put in place and if Belle Vue go right up the s#!+er people will ask "why wasn't someone like Pairman who understands how to work within this sport not given a shot?".

Speedway is different from many other sports in that the fans have an interest in every other team.

Mainly because it's a minority sport and we all feel connected in some way.

A failing at any club has such a huge knock on affect everywhere else.

Maybe the other 2 party's are more suitable for Belle Vue. Gordon Pairman had his chance at Belle Vue before, I wonder why he left. ???

• Like 2

Maybe the other 2 party's are more suitable for Belle Vue. Gordon Pairman had his chance at Belle Vue before, I wonder why he left. ???

In what way do you think the other parties could be more suitable?

Mr Pairman appears to have a bob or two in the bank, he is financially capable, Manchester City Council liked the cut of his jib and Mighty Mort was involved.

All I can say is that the other interested parties must be pretty damn impressive if the BSPA believes them to be worthy of the support they they were reluctant to give to Pairman and Morton.

As PHILIPRISING says, all will be revealed in the very near future.

• Like 1

In what way do you think the other parties could be more suitable?

Mr Pairman appears to have a bob or two in the bank, he is financially capable, Manchester City Council liked the cut of his jib and Mighty Mort was involved.

All I can say is that the other interested parties must be pretty damn impressive if the BSPA believes them to be worthy of the support they they were reluctant to give to Pairman and Morton.

As PHILIPRISING says, all will be revealed in the very near future.

have a look at the belle Vue facebook page.