British Speedway Forum

Very unlikely.

The 1964 NL fixture list wasn't released until mid May!!

Which was the last year of the NL

Very unlikely.

The 1964 NL fixture list wasn't released until mid May!!

Dead right Arnie and it was only the return of West Ham that saved the National League. That season, the Belle Vue fixture list was littered with endless challenges to pad the season out.

I feel more confident about Belle Vue than I do of Coventry. Saying that, speedway cannot afford to lose any track, lets hope that all the projected teams come to the tapes. Otherwise, we're (speedway) is in trouble.

Like I say why we would we expect any news on Coventry from any official source when everyone is simply staying tight lipped and towing the line.

Best face facts, apart from at a handful of clubs, fans are just a hindrance who pay for the privilege of watching their promoter play with their toy set.

ps shocked Mr Rising hasn't been in touch to see if I can assist him with a long list of new stories he is investigating for future editions of Speedway Star (insert flying pig emoji)

• Like 5

What appears clear as far as all 3 clubs go is that they are all complicated issues trying to sort so quite possibly no side is allowed to release too much information still.

I get that it's frustrating for the fans of those clubs however all the information released so far indicates that all 3 clubs will be running. It's probably Coventry that has the most problems and they have a full team.

• Like 2

.......stevebrum.......I get that it's frustrating for the fans of those clubs however all the information released so far indicates that all 3 clubs will be running.

So what information has been released that indicates Coventry will be running? Can't say I have seen anything myself apart from photos/videos of a dilapidated stadium on Facebook and the fact that Sandhu has now 'moved on.' Nothing at all from the Bees promotion unless I blinked and missed it.

So what information has been released that indicates Coventry will be running? Can't say I have seen anything myself apart from photos/videos of a dilapidated stadium on Facebook and the fact that Sandhu has now 'moved on.' Nothing at all from the Bees promotion unless I blinked and missed it.

It seems they haven't "moved on" despite what Heaver has said, another back track from him. We will get some news next week hopefully.

• Like 1

What information has been released that indicates Coventry won't be running???

A team has been announced and until it's indicated it's over its still on, right??

Don't believe all you read and see, some pictures show a mess whilst others show that it's not as bad as others reported.

Trouble is there isn't anything official to report.

• Like 1

Speedway star has a very neutral view on all aspects of the sport , that's why I stopped my order about 7 years ago , it only reports what goes hand in glove with the BSPA and has a very fragile spine , no backbone or bite . It would be refreshing if it had a mind of it's own with cutting edge stories and had it's own personal view but it seems everything they report on has to have approval from the powers that be making it not worth buying anymore. When the stand off involving Coventry and Peterborough a few years ago the speedway star only reported what in formation was given from the BSPA and the promotions involved but had no view of how it should have been handled or who they thought was right and wrong and what should have happened to put it right. Instead they just went along with the same old waffle. which was enough for me cancel my weekly order and I certainly wont be reconsidering my decision

A tad harsh but you have a point, and the sadness is Speedy Star hasn't always been that way. I can remember them giving Bruce Penhall a real bashing in print when he demanded an extra fee to ride in the test series a few years back, and its an opinion that John Berry shared :

'In Philip's hands the Star suddenly gained teeth. No tip-toeing a middle course for him. The magazine was always running one crusade or another..........and it was good to see the paper having a position on things'.

From Confessions of a Speedway Promoter.

I'm afraid the speedway star is a bland publication covering a bland sport. The two go hand in hand really.

A tad harsh but you have a point, and the sadness is Speedy Star hasn't always been that way. I can remember them giving Bruce Penhall a real bashing in print when he demanded an extra fee to ride in the test series a few years back, and its an opinion that John Berry shared :

'In Philip's hands the Star suddenly gained teeth. No tip-toeing a middle course for him. The magazine was always running one crusade or another..........and it was good to see the paper having a position on things'.

Yes seven years and I can honestly say I havn't really missed it which may have something to do with on line internet connections which enables to get information faster rather than waiting the best part of a week and it doesn't cost anything. So as far as I am concerned it has signed it's own death warrant through its not having a view of it's own.

• Like 1

That was then.

Under Richard Clark.

It has been all-gums.

Not a tooth in sight.

• Like 1

...Rumours of an announcement this week.

72 hours ago there were rumours of "an announcement in 48 hours"....

The BSPA / Speedway Star / AP Media / GhostSpeed International must be working flat out with this one then to make it so good that it'll make the latest tweets of Donald Trump pale into insignificance in comparison.

• Like 2

72 hours ago there were rumours of "an announcement in 48 hours"....

The BSPA / Speedway Star / AP Media / GhostSpeed International must be working flat out with this one then to make it so good that it'll make the latest tweets of Donald Trump pale into insignificance in comparison.

FOLLOWING Gordon Pairman's withdrawal things have not progressed quite as well and quickly as hoped but rather have slow progress than none at all. Just be patient. No doubt when everything is done and dusted there will be an announcement but leaking information at this stage will benefit no one.

• Like 4

FOLLOWING Gordon Pairman's withdrawal things have not progressed quite as well and quickly as hoped but rather have slow progress than none at all. Just be patient. No doubt when everything is done and dusted there will be an announcement but leaking information at this stage will benefit no one.

Wait a minute. Pairman was the "unfavoured" option. Him withdrawing should have made the job of selecting a "favoured" candidate a lot easier, shoudn't it?

Surely we haven't got to the stage where the "favoured" candidates are getting cold feet, thinking that Pairman knew something to put him off the deal, that is making them nervous now, have we? Is this like Dragons Den, when all the dragons are umming and arrring, til one of them says "I'm out" and then they all follow suit with their own "I'm out's"?

• Like 1