British Speedway Forum

And sounds like you are trolling for the usual arguments Liitle boy.. :icon_smile_clown:

You calling anyone a troll is possibly the funniest thing i'll read on here all year. :icon_smile_clown::oops:

Flitting from team page to team page , posting antagonistic comments in the hope of a reaction ,... ring any bells?

Not to me your not in the last 17 years. But I did point out y'day you would run. Coventry still maybe a different matter.

Go away , please

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 3

So I wonder who is in charge then.

I'd guess uncle bens

• Like 1

Hitler couldn't stop the Aces

Well, I'm not sure quite how much attention was paid to that end by the leader of the proposed thousand-year Reich. Other strategic issues may well have been at the forefront of his mind.

But truly excellent news for Belle Vue; fingers crossed for Coventry now.

• Like 1

So I wonder who is in charge then.

I'd guess uncle bens

Anneka? Jerry?

Lol!

A certain south coast promoter should be pelted with rotten eggs for his disgraceful comments last year, that it's everyone for themselves and devil take the hindmost,not his problem if other clubs are struggling to survive.

The strong support shown by speedway supporters this winter,for the futures of Leicester, Belle Vue and Coventry make his views sound more akin to the utterings of D.Trump. In times like these, all need to and do pull together.

• Like 3

P.C ?

Wouldn't be a bad start would it. He is still the acceptable face of Belle Vue. If he was, I would imagine it would be as a figurehead of the club as he was in 1988 when we moved to Kirky Lane. Somehow, I don't think it will be too long before all is revealed.

• Like 1

WHY. Sandhu should be held responsible for his rash/hooligan actions. Nowt to do with the BSPA.

It's in the interest of speedway as a whole, that clubs like Belle Vue and Coventry stay afloat, Belle Vue have survived and I would of thought that the BSPA could of acted in a way that would help Coventry do the same.

• Like 2

It's in the interest of speedway as a whole, that clubs like Belle Vue and Coventry stay afloat, Belle Vue have survived and I would of thought that the BSPA could of acted in a way that would help Coventry do the same.

It has already been reported in the last week the help that the BSPA is trying to keep Coventry open. If that fails it will be because of Sandhu and his loutish behaviour, not anything the BSPA has failed on. Another one too quick to jump in with their size 12's.

• Like 5

Names synonymous with UK Speedway, are, in my opinion::

Belle Vue Aces

Coventry Bees

Cradley Heath Heathens

Wembley Lions

Cradley Heath...I know its opinions but West Ham and their exploits with crowds that rivalled Wembleys leave Cradley a million miles behind and thats taking into account their great teams and World Champions, Wimbledon too dwarf Cradley and even Coventry.

• Like 3

And Hull Vikings (!).

On a not dissimilar topic, when the ex-greyhound filming box was removed form Craven Park (a sale by Hull KR to Scunthorpe Speedway to start life as the current ref box at Scunny) it was discovered, or re-discoverd, the hard way that all the electrical wiring for speedway was fed through the junction which connected the box to the entire stadium mains supply. In fact Dave Dowling tried in vain to run what turned out to be the last meeting (so far!) in Hull in September of 2005, v Glasgow. But it really was not viable, or safe, what with no starting tapes (elastic band), no green light (ref's torch from centre green), no stoplights (stewards with red flag - at night), no exclusion lights, pit lighting or anything else I've probably forgotten.

Whilst not pointing the finger at anyone - really - one issue and a huge stumbling block to running the remaining 2 home matches (v Glasgow & King's Lynn) which were never staged was that the wiring from stadium to filming box, and so to power the speedway equipment, appeared to have been severed by a blunt, yet sharp instrument, not unlike an axe. Unfortunate.

Whilst still not pointing a finger, it was widely known that landlords Hull KR wanted speedway to end asap so they could lay a wider pitch. This they did, the grass laying equipment vehicles soon moved in to begin work, and irionically there was till just enough room for a speedway track, as the dog track was long gone at the time, before the new stand over turns 3 & 4 was built in 2008ish.....

Edited by Martin Mauger

I have 0 interest in the politics that surrounds the survival of the Aces and speedway continuing a the NSA. Ace's fans you are getting Cooke & the Worrall's on their PL averages, plus Fricke it seems. Good luck building a team around that base. You will be better than Swindon & Somerset at least, and massacre Rye House & Poole at home.

I have 0 interest in the politics that surrounds the survival of the Aces and speedway continuing a the NSA. Ace's fans you are getting Cooke & the Worrall's on their PL averages, plus Fricke it seems. Good luck building a team around that base. You will be better than Swindon & Somerset at least, and massacre Rye House & Poole at home.

But it's not the owner we all thought it would be so ignore the rumoured team. Cos at least 2 of them he wants out. Whether he can get 2 other riders in then God knows. But I dont expect the team we all thought it would be.

But if it is the rumoured team then so be it. At least we are running and we get to see top racing most weeks. Not every week I Ain't that stupid. Even a great track don't produce top class racing every week

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1