British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Glasgow Pl 7/10/16 @7.30pm

What a farce.

Never mind we've got some fully functional floodlights which we could loan you any Friday evening next year as you'll no doubt block any discussions of us riding on your precious Friday.

Heavy fine for any other promotion but I feel an inner sanctum fudge coming on.

• Like 2

Rule change, effective immediately :-

“At all meetings held in Scotland, where the promotion is too frugal to pay their electricity bill, bikes shall be fitted with head and tail lights, and riders shall wear Glowstick collars of the appropriate colour (red, blue, yellow, white). In addition, all spectators shall be issued with a torch to enable reading of programmes/scorecards, starts will be by battery-powered laser beam, public address will utilise old-fashioned metal megaphones, and musical entertainment will be courtesy of the local Boys Brigade pipe band. First Aid teams must be prepared to deal with mass hypothermia.

This rule shall not apply to Glasgow where meetings are sensibly held on bright, warm Sunday afternoons.”

• Like 2

A few years ago in the Berrington Lough days Berwick`s lights went, they invited fans to go out to the car park and move their cars to the centre green, keep their lights on to keep the meeting running, didn't last long.

• Like 1

You're mate must be pretty thick. The lights were out. The clue was the darkness.

Not that the lights were out more that what was happening next.

That OK for you thicko.

• Like 1

Shame the Fish didn't get his last meeting. Thanks for the memories. "Flyin with Ryan".

Yes he really was " The Prince of Darkness " last night :wink:

• Like 4

Is this a new low for speedway.

Whilst it is an incredible low for Edinburgh and a real suckered punch at the end of a terrible season it is not the first speedway match to be abandoned due to a floodlight failure and won't be the last.

I can understand folk in attendance being annoyed and feeling ripped off but you could clearly see that every effort was being made to find a solution. I feel really sorry for the track staff that worked their behinds off trying to fix it only to be let down by a temporary light that has worked well all season.

And as said above timing was terrible with Scott Wilson not there and Gordon Campbell trying to fix the issue so limited information was forthcoming and as said nothing filled the time.

Absolutely gutted about this and I hope the genuine speedway fans understood it was an unfortunate series of events and the club will lose a fortune as a result of this at the worst possible timing.

I for one won't be claiming my refund and hope they manage to get something rearranged as a fine on top of that would be un just.

• Like 4

I've seen floodlights fail during the meeting at Peterborough and possibly at ippo.

Far safer failing before racing starts.

But sums up our season after the unprecedented number of rain-offs.

As it's so late in the season, were refunds offered last night? I know it's not the norm for clubs in British Speedway to hand out refunds on the night, but I'd have thought it would have been the right thing to do for those that wanted them.

As it's so late in the season, were refunds offered last night? I know it's not the norm for clubs in British Speedway to hand out refunds on the night, but I'd have thought it would have been the right thing to do for those that wanted them.

Those that paid at the gate were asked to leave their admission tickets with their names and addresses at the club shop and those who booked on line to send an email so that refunds could be arranged.

Knowing John Campbell, I'm sure that he will be on top of getting this sorted out quickly.

• Like 3

Not that the lights were out more that what was happening next.

That OK for you thicko.

What was happening next ? Pretty obvious. They were trying to fix the lights. Also our regular presenter, the ultra professional Scott Wilson was not on duty last night which didn't help the presentation. However don't let that detract from your multiple critical posts relating to an event at which you were not present.

Maybe we should have put on tractor races (with headlights on) to make the visiting hordes from the Weedge feel at home.

• Like 1

I know from bitter personal experience there's only so long you can get away with wrapping 10p's in foil to fit the 50p slot. Surely for next season Campbell should invest in a drill and a piece of copper wire to stop the meter spinning.

It's the twenty first century ffs.

*Edited to add - remember to remove the wire before Landlord visits.

Edited by damosuzuki

Is this a new low for speedway.

Certainly one of the darkest......

• Like 1

What was happening next ? Pretty obvious. They were trying to fix the lights. Also our regular presenter, the ultra professional Scott Wilson was not on duty last night which didn't help the presentation. However don't let that detract from your multiple critical posts relating to an event at which you were not present.

Maybe we should have put on tractor races (with headlights on) to make the visiting hordes from the Weedge feel at home.

Well that would have been an idea but you would not see them the lights were out my well informed east coast know it all (well maybe not) at least our lights would be on to see the tractors.

But my patronising friend your lot didn't exactly cover yourselves in glory last night who was trying to fix the lights by the way Bob the Builder as it was not a school night he would have been up later than normal.

Yes the total lack off communication with the most important people the paying public was in a word sh*te new levels off unprofessionalism were reached last night and yet you make excuse after excuse now we know were you lot get it the bulls*t must rub off from the top.

But i will pass on your comments that you think he is thick , I am sure he will be interested to know, and as for me not being there my choice as i prefer not to stand in sub-standard conditions.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Well that would have been an idea but you would not see them the lights were out my well informed east coast know it all (well maybe not) at least our lights would be on to see the tractors.

But my patronising friend your lot didn't exactly cover yourselves in glory last night who was trying to fix the lights by the way Bob the Builder as it was not a school night he would have been up later than normal.

Yes the total lack off communication with the most important people the paying public was in a word sh*te new levels off unprofessionalism were reached last night and yet you make excuse after excuse now we know were you lot get it the bulls*t must rub off from the top.

But i will pass on your comments that you think he is thick , I am sure he will be interested to know, and as for me not being there my choice as i prefer not to stand in sub-standard conditions.

Jeez, you don't half ramble on--------. I'm off now before your minder George M comes along to rescue you.

Jeez, you don't half ramble on--------. I'm off now before your minder George M comes along to rescue you.

Is that the best you can do when a few home truths get told about how un-proffesional it was last night well in that case you run along you are not really worth it.

Rescue me bell-ends like you don't really concern me thankfully.

Edited by Gazc