British Speedway Forum

I hope not

Don't see why you wouldn't want that team? Would be super strong at Monmore and do enough away to breeze into the Playoffs and probably win them.

Doubt anybody's team will end up that strong though.

• Like 1

In his newspaper column yesterday,Nigel Pearson says it was wrong to doubt CVS and Peter Adams.Some of us ? saying Adams should have retired, and had lost the plot,and a new man in charge was needed.CVS was to loyal and should have sold up.

And then calling us keyboard experts and anonymous cowards.

That's a bit strong Nige..................... :o

Wonder if hes referring to me and Wolfsbane :lol: . :D

• Like 3

We all keep hearing how CVS radically rebuilt the team and went against his normal principals of using assets that had umpteen years of service.

Yet the team that won the League featured PK, Fred, Woffy and Thorssell who have decades of Monmore service behind them. Hardly a groundbreaking team reshuffle.

Would the team with Bech and JK in it have won the League? No chance.

Good management bringing Tai in though.

In his newspaper column yesterday,Nigel Pearson says it was wrong to doubt CVS and Peter Adams.Some of us ? saying Adams should have retired, and had lost the plot,and a new man in charge was needed.CVS was to loyal and should have sold up.

Is this a new trend, abusing the fan base. Perhaps Pearson and Woffinden have attended a Gerald Ratner PR course. :lol:

To me not using your real identity on internet forums and making sure you have the right security settings on social media is common sense. I don't think these younger people understand modern technology. :shock:

• Like 5

Like I'm going to listen to the Pearson's opinion, Spoon loving $hite supporter. If I met him face to face I'd ask him one question, 'When was the last time you paid to get into Monmore Green?'. I don't need to ask as I already know the answer. When fans are let in free that's the day they're not allowed a say :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

I'm happy to be called a keyboard expert, a lot on here would disagree :D

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 5

We all keep hearing how CVS radically rebuilt the team and went against his normal principals of using assets that had umpteen years of service.

Yet the team that won the League featured PK, Fred, Woffy and Thorssell who have decades of Monmore service behind them. Hardly a groundbreaking team reshuffle.

Would the team with Bech and JK in it have won the League? No chance.

Good management bringing Tai in though.

Don't forget the master stroke of bringing Masters in when some I recall thought he would struggle at EL level.

Huge signing.

Don't forget the master stroke of bringing Masters in when some I recall thought he would struggle at EL level.

Huge signing.

Masters was never going to be a flop. In my opinion, he is the best of the current crop of Aussies outside of Doyle and Holder.

Masters was never going to be a flop. In my opinion, he is the best of the current crop of Aussies outside of Doyle and Holder.

I agree, but you didn't see many saying that his signing was a good move.

A slow burner like Doyle IMHO.

• Like 1

Depending on points limit, regulations etc

1 Lindgren

2 Howarth

3 Thorsell

4 Harris

5 Masters

6 Clegg

7 Morris

• Like 2

Depending on points limit, regulations etc

1 Lindgren

2 Howarth

3 Thorsell

4 Harris

5 Masters

6 Clegg

7 Morris

Think that leaves us a bit too weak at reserve to be honest. Will Howarth be expected to move up into the top 5 of the team next season then? I somehow doubt Newman at Poole will be! Harris at 4 sounds good though.

I think this year any questions about how teams will line up next season are very much off the mark as British Speedway could be seriously affected by what happens in other countries, especially Poland that seem set on getting riders to commit more, especially with tv deals meaning matches on Fridaysvand Saturdays as well as the regular Sunday's.

Polish clubs want any rider that rides in any of their leagues to ride in just one other league. That would mean a rider like Chris Holder could sign for Torun but then have to decide if he wants to also race for Piraterna in Sweden or Poole in Britain. There appears to be money problems in most of the leagues these riders ride in, so given the choice they would pick the most reliable but Sweden pay about twice as much as Britain and Poland roughly three times as much.

Riders that will most be affected by this are riders that ride a handful of meetings in their home country as an obligation like Niels K Iversen who rides just a few meetings each season. These riders want to continue to ride there but would feel hard done by having to drop Sweden and Britain to ride in Poland or drop Poland and then ride in Sweden and Britain instead. Therefore they may look at changing the new ruling to one other country than their home league.

This remains to be authorised or passed by the powers to be like the PZM or whoever, but if all Polish clubs are in agreement, they can simply stick together and not field any rider that decides to ride in numerous leagues on various days. So if they are determined to put this in place, it would mean a large number of riders would have to choose between leagues if they want to ride in Poland and earn the potential big money deals.

Tai Woffinden has already agreed deals in Wroclaw yet again and Marstad in Sweden after leaving Vetlanda and most of his big sponsors are from Poland. Freddie is moving clubs in Sweden and rides in the far out Dugavpils in Poland. Jacob has had a great season in Sweden with Rospigarna and has interest from a number of Polish clubs. Sam Masters obviously isn't a Wolves asset and has been getting more and more bookings abroad.

Should Chris Harris sign for Wolves as many seem to think he will end up at Monmore Green, he has found bookings abroad hard to come by and is doing more and more Grasstrack meetings instead so would fit in well but that would be the case if he was to sign forvSwindon, Poole or anywhere else.

Let's see what Poland are doing or get away with and then we will know if Britain carries on as normal or rebuilds based on riders that commit to Britain and don't do Sweden and Poland and if so it could push Britain into developing one big league built to more of a current Premier League level and make spaces for National League riders to fill the number seven positions.

Think that leaves us a bit too weak at reserve to be honest. Will Howarth be expected to move up into the top 5 of the team next season then? I somehow doubt Newman at Poole will be! Harris at 4 sounds good though.

Ash and Max are improving and are our assets. Would be good to see all teams using under 21 riders

Edited by superguest

Ash and Max are improving and are our assets. Would be good to see all teams using under 21 riders

Max is a Cradley asset isn't he

Like I'm going to listen to the Pearson's opinion, Spoon loving $hite supporter. If I met him face to face I'd ask him one question, 'When was the last time you paid to get into Monmore Green?'. I don't need to ask as I already know the answer. When fans are let in free that's the day they're not allowed a say :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

I'm happy to be called a keyboard expert, a lot on here would disagree :D

Couldn't agree more! What a parasite he has become he couldn't give a hoot about the sport as long as he making a living out of it and people like Woffenden and whatever club whose payroll he currently sits on....

• Like 3