British Speedway Forum

had this discussion before. Norrie asked for a world champions salary for Mark. Matt Ford refused and then brought in the 3 time world champion for more money then Mark. Dont get me wrong Tony was a better rider than Mark and Norrie asked for a rise. Poole still paid Tony more than Mark and that is a fact. Poole have money if the need to use it

had this discussion before. Norrie asked for a world champions salary for Mark. Matt Ford refused and then brought in the 3 time world champion for more money then Mark. Dont get me wrong Tony was a better rider than Mark and Norrie asked for a rise. Poole still paid Tony more than Mark and that is a fact. Poole have money if the need to use it

A 'fact' can I see some proof then? In 2001 Tony was paid less than Mark was asking.

Not the case at all. Matt Ford is certainly not known for cheque book spedway. He is known to be a hard negotiator as riders have previously discovered. What he does offer is payment on time, and the rider has a good opportunity to pick up local sponsorship with plenty of companies having links with the club. Plus a Wednesday suits many riders.

I know for a fact tat Matt Ford has missed out on signing riders this winter due to being outbid by other clubs. Prime example is a certain dane who has ended at a midlands club with his bruv. (Which I am personally pleased about)

Milik also turned Matt down having had a better offer from Sweden. Just because Poole are successful doesn't mean Matt Ford waives the cash. He runs a tight ship and thats the reason there's never been any financial issues under his command.

correct. In fact Matt Ford doesn't get involved in cheque book speedway.

You can try Steve :rofl:

• Like 1

I don't understand why people think Klindt is going to make a mockery of his average. His average went up in the EL because his home track was a gater's paradise and he's a gating tart. He averaged over eight at home and about five away, take him away from a track like Leicester and he's going to average between 5-6, that's why his average riding for Scunthorpe isn't higher.

Most riders are over inflated in their averages and most will struggle to maintain that average and in some cases see their averages drop by one to two points but Klindt can average 5.42 without hassle and starting at reserve he can improve it. Also as a second string you are looking for him to score something like 1 1 2 1 which will give you heat advantages but at reserve your looking more like a score of 3. 1 2 1 = 7. and when you look at other riders around the 5.5 mark he is better than most and if he does go to Poole he will be the best reserve around.

Lindgren, Thorssell, Masters and Clegg seem to be four of the riders for next years team so just over 17 left and if you add a 2.00 reserve like Parkinson-Blackburn then you could add Kylmakorpi and Klindt or even Museliak and one from Mikkel Bech, Robert Lambert or Anders Thomsen.

1 Fredrik Lindgren

2 Tobias Museliak

3 Sam Masters

4 Mikkel Bech / Anders Thomsen

5 Jacob Thorssell

6 Max Clegg

7 Parkinson-Blackburn / 2.00

A 'fact' can I see some proof then? In 2001 Tony was paid less than Mark was asking.

Im not going over old ground. I know the Loram family and i know exactly what went on. Mark wasnt impressed with what Norrie did, but Tony was offered and paid more than Mark including transport. The way Norrie tried to negotiate didnt sit well with Matt Ford and quite rightly he turned elsewhere.

I cant prove facts to you but Tony was on more than Mark was offered. Mark never had an issue with Matt hence his farewell meeting was there but Matt and Norrie didnt see eye to eye

Anyway this is the Wolves thread so apologies

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

I don't understand why people think Klindt is going to make a mockery of his average. His average went up in the EL because his home track was a gater's paradise and he's a gating tart. He averaged over eight at home and about five away, take him away from a track like Leicester and he's going to average between 5-6, that's why his average riding for Scunthorpe isn't higher.

Gating is very important at Monmore these days.

Klindt hasn't been as good since that Ricko meeting about 10 years ago. Although to be fair he was fantastic then, god knows how he ended up being a 5pt rider in PL.

Im not going over old ground. I know the Loram family and i know exactly what went on. Mark wasnt impressed with what Norrie did, but Tony was offered and paid more than Mark including transport. The way Norrie tried to negotiate didnt sit well with Matt Ford and quite rightly he turned elsewhere.

I cant prove facts to you but Tony was on more than Mark was offered. Mark never had an issue with Matt hence his farewell meeting was there but Matt and Norrie didnt see eye to eye

Anyway this is the Wolves thread so apologies

Funny that, Norrie chats openly to Matt when Leicester come down in Matts office, and had long in depth chat with him the night Somerset won the league just the sort of thing i would expect from you.Think that answers your question... :icon_smile_clown:

Sorry Wolves fans you can have your thread back. :t:

Edited by Starman2006

He averaged 6 last year. Riding in the EL which was a higher standard than the Premiership. Riding pre dominantly as hl in a format which pitted him pre dominantly against other hl.

He should put at least a point on his average this year, whereas most other riders will drop a point. Basically he's a couple of points better than any other rider on a comparable average.

Gating is important anywhere

And always has been. That's why Ivan won the world champs 6 times and greg 4 times, whereas pc and gollob won it once each.
  • Like 2

Gating is important but more so at certain tracks. The racing at Monmore isn't as good as it used to be but it is far from being a gaters paradise.

PC would probably have won again in 1977 but for breaking his leg so badly the week before the final. He still finished second to Ivan.

Gating is important but more so at certain tracks. The racing at Monmore isn't as good as it used to be but it is far from being a gaters paradise.

PC would probably have won again in 1977 but for breaking his leg so badly the week before the final. He still finished second to Ivan.

Agree totally on the first point. But a rider who can gate is still going to do fine at wolves or poole.

of course pc made 5 gates that night in the wet in 77.

And back to the Wolves team building Klindt was supposed to be the next big thing to come out of Denmark when he first came over here didn"t really live up to that we have been more than happy not to have him in the team seasons gone bye so why now just because his average is right no not for me i"m sure there are better up and coming riders out there who could do just as good a job.

• Like 1

Howarth and Clegg confirmed.

Clegg is a very good signing.

18.57 left for the final 3 riders so looking good. Will Masters be added

Edited by mdmc82

Will be amazed if Matsers isn't in! Will leave around 9.60 for final 2 riders. Surprised to see Howarth on that average. Wells may of been a better option.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1