British Speedway Forum

Riss 6 + 1 from 5 riding at #2 including 0 from a TR for Headinbra @ Sheffield yesterday.

Headinbra ?! It's either how the queen would say it or auto-correct running amok.😂

• Like 2

Forgive my ignorance but when Wolves face Swindon, both Ipswich and Sheffield are riding... How does this affect the team with Schlein, Greaves, Howarth all doubling up?

Presumably rider replacement and guests - It's why it's the Premier League!!!

Forgive my ignorance but when Wolves face Swindon, both Ipswich and Sheffield are riding... How does this affect the team with Schlein, Greaves, Howarth all doubling up?

I guess it depends if they're original fixtures or rescheduled

Schlein and Howarth will be missing....British Speedway needs to sort out all of this doubling up between the Premiership and the Championship next season, the only guys who should be allowed to do so are young Brits for extra experience.

• Like 1

So possibly Chris Harris or Scott Nicholls in for Rory and whoever else for Kyle......

Terrace talk was r/r for Rory & Steve Worrall for Howarth.

Correct. RH are riding at KL on Thursday!!

Edited by Skidder1

Well I hope last nights second meeting farce has finally put an end to staging double headers at Monmore Green. Starting at 9:30pm needs explaining and the good old 'curfew' get-out to cut the meeting short is not value for money. The many programme changes and the use of Ellis & Perry from the Swindon fixture made it a poor advert for a so called Premier League. Oh and we had r/r and a guest team manager to complete the circus show.

Well I hope last nights second meeting farce has finally put an end to staging double headers at Monmore Green. Starting at 9:30pm needs explaining and the good old 'curfew' get-out to cut the meeting short is not value for money. The many programme changes and the use of Ellis & Perry from the Swindon fixture made it a poor advert for a so called Premier League. Oh and we had r/r and a guest team manager to complete the circus show.

No wonder BT decided not to cover it

Club statement this morning regarding Somerset away is one of the saddest admissions of how far the BSPA has sunk.

• Like 5

Club statement this morning regarding Somerset away is one of the saddest admissions of how far the BSPA has sunk.

It's a shocking state and fair play to CVS for coming out and amazingly admitting that the sport has become embarrassing when these things happen and coming from the best man in the business and someone that will back British Speedway all the way. it's a showing of how the low this has gone and even the die hards are waking up to the fact the sport has to change but will they make drastic and needed changes ?

Unlikley

It's a shocking state and fair play to CVS for coming out and amazingly admitting that the sport has become embarrassing when these things happen and coming from the best man in the business and someone that will back British Speedway all the way. it's a showing of how the low this has gone and even the die hards are waking up to the fact the sport has to change but will they make drastic and needed changes ?

Unlikley

What amazes me is why Somerset from a business perspective would choose to run this meeting?.

One of the few GP riders in the country is guaranteed missing (which surely makes a mockery of some promoters belief that GP riders bring crowds in?) and his team will turn up with only two of their own riders..

Why would anyone go and watch this? Somerset fans will think "we have no chance after the first leg and it's only a Wolves Select" and Wolves fans will think "we are miles in front and it's not really my team so sod the M5 on a Friday"..

At an absolute push I can only think that when home teams arrange these ever increasing number of fixtures where the away team is a Mickey Mouse Select team, it is because they think they increase their chances of victory...

However, it's a victory in Competitions rendered farcical (therefore of no value) by their very own actions...

Couldn't make it up could you..?

Edited by mikebv

What amazes me is why Somerset from a business perspective would choose to run this meeting?.

At an absolute push I can only think that when home teams arrange these ever increasing number of fixtures where the away team is a Mickey Mouse Select team, it is because they think they increase their chances of victory...

However, it's a victory in Competitions rendered farcical (therefore of no value) by their very own actions...

Couldn't make it up could you..?

I believe you'll find that Garry May previously went to press on this one.

Wolves declined the offered date of 15th as Lindgren was not available due to riding in an unofficial meeting so Wolves wouldn't have had the guest or r/r facility.

They prefered to take this week when they would only have one rider (Thorsell has obviously since declined to be involved in GP practice as a meeting reserve) and preferred to take the option of going with guests and r/r.

Going to the 29th would have been a month since the Rebels last home meeting, and with a final for the winners, Australian GP and play offs to consider, all at risk from the British weather it really had to be 15th or 22nd.

Wolves will get through anyway and subject to sorting out more dates and relying on the weather they could now still have Lindgren and Masters available for the final.

Edited by Pirate Baz
  • Like 1