British Speedway Forum

There's no clearer indication that you're not missing out on anything when you see a page full of

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by stevebrum. View it anyway?

Stevebrum, a Wolves fan, is not the problem on the "Wolves 2017" thread.

Yes, he doesn't help himself by consistently taking the bait, but when he is being 'trolled', relentlessly, by the same two suspects it's unsurprising he replies.

Back on the topic of the thread, looking at the fixtures the week beginning 24th July could be a vital week for Riss to be back by, which could be cutting it fine. Although I haven't checked to see if he would miss any of the matches that week anyway due to doubling up.

• Like 3

I know very little about this years regulations ! However taking the Championship starting averages from the confirmed signings thread, it shows mark Ross as 4.00. All that I can see that fits is :-

Tom Perry 3.76

Richard Hall 3.53

Fritz Wallner 4.00 (whoever he is)

Matt Williamson 3.58

So very little choice. Haven't got a clue what options there would be when the averages changed.

Edited by Beowulf

I know very little about this years regulations ! However taking the Championship starting averages from the confirmed signings thread, it shows mark Ross as 4.00. All that I can see that fits is :-

Tom Perry 3.76

Richard Hall 3.53

Fritz Wallner 4.00 (whoever he is)

Matt Williamson 3.58

So very little choice. Haven't got a clue what options there would be when the averages changed.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

Reports on another thread suggest that riders who hadn't achieved the 4H 4A would remain on original average (for Premiership). Question is, does that mean Riss stays on 4.00, or does it change as per his new Championship average?

You won't be surprised to find out that everything was hunky dory on this thread until brum chirped up yet again about robert72 and his riding career just because he can't take a bleedin joke

As a matter of fact I would be surprised. Here's the joke:

You could get stevebrum in on a 0.00 average, he looks the part even though the fastest his bike had ever gone was on the stand lol sign him up he will be a wolves leg end

Here's the response, measured enough in all conscience:

Have bike, do travel.

We could ask you but we know it's all pretend.

And here's where it gets nasty:

Brilliant stuff from brum again and that actually is properly funny, or to quote one of brum's erudite posts from another thread he's been trolling....

The irony of the ridiculous jackanory speedway rider trolling an ex-rider is actually a bit tragic but it is brum after all I suppose, what would you expect?

He's been at it on the Leicester v Belle Vue thread and even tried to blame someone else when correctly called out for trolling, and then follows up several more childish (not my words) posts with yet another massive whoosh!

The slightly.... err no, very dim gift that keeps giving, lol!

Happy Father's Day, I hope you're getting the attention you really need, ha ha ha!

I'm sure forum members will be able to make up their own minds as to when the thread ceased to be "hunky dory".

Edited by Fourentee
  • Like 6

What is there points wise to play with ?

Also if a replacement comes in i.e clegg and hes average drops to say 3.2 that would mean once fit Riss cant come back in

I would probably keep going with guests and play safe with having riss for the play offs

I wouldnt like to see Mark 'pushed out'of the team because he was unfortunate enough to pick up an injury....... which I hope he recovers from quickly.....and the short term replacement does not achieve an high enough ave, IMO i think it will be guests for a few weeks.

Hopefully back on thread after the usual suspects derailed it as per usual. ...

The injury to Mark is a tricky one to cover IMHO.

Being out for 6 weeks is a long time to cover with guests who are likely to be less capable of raising to the standards set by Riss so far.

I'd hate to see him replaced as he is someone worth persevering with but is there anyone that could come in as a temporary signing on a similar average??

Unless with the changes of averages (if and when it happens) it gives us some leeway to bring another rider in then I think the only suitable thing would be to run with guests till he is ready to come back.

We are in a similar position to Poole (although I grant you Poole are far worse affected than us with missing Klindt) in that we are likely to struggle to find adequate cover for a vital position.

I hate posting in Wolves threads for fear of a SB's response.

But how long is Riss likely to be out?

• Like 1

I hate posting in Wolves threads for fear of a SB's response.

But how long is Riss likely to be out?

6 weeks was initial prognosis.

I'd have like to have commented on how bad it was signing Adam or that Tai could be drafted in again with motors in tow and how I find it not a particularly sporting way to win. I have issues with the monmore circuit and have done for years but no longer bring it up. All this is solely due to the insults and abuse I'd get for bring up fairly benign topics surrounding Wolverhampton speedway.

I can live with it but it does make debate somewhat redundant on a particular few threads.

• Like 2

Not long joined this forum to keep up on the gossip etc but am sick and tired of the pathetic insulting posts on here... Can the admin guys not issue warnings and block repeat offenders using logons. IP addresses etc....

Why can't a guy just come on here and read about the latest news on Speedway.....

First you have the idiots, then those who respond when they could ignore (not having a pop at the responders - just that it fills the thread with more irrelevance).... Come on guys, lets just have a decent forum, agree to disagree on certain points and leave out the personal attacks, the trolling and the childishness.

• Like 2

ANYWAY

Riss what we thinking is there a decent replacement out there ?

is he still on a 4.00 he was bought in on ?

Josh Auty has a lower championship average than him would it be possible to bring him in ?

Edited by redandyellow

ANYWAY

Riss what we thinking is there a decent replacement out there ?

is he still on a 4.00 he was bought in on ?

Josh Auty has a lower championship average than him would it be possible to bring him in ?

It's so hard to know what averages count until the new averages come out.

Will Riss keep his 4 or his new Championship average of 6.74?? OR his real time Wolves average of 5.68??

The averages are meant to be a leveller but the overcomplicated nature for this year is giving us all a nightmare!

Maybe, like every club, they are waiting to see what the new averages are before they make a decision?

But surely a decision needs making regards replacing or guests/temporary signing.

• Like 3

I see new averages have been issued and Wolves have the highest total of all teams - 48.48

If the new limit has been reduced to 42 then we have only 4.34 to replace Riss.

Freddie 10.45

Jacob. 8.60

Rory 8.29

Sam 8.08

Howarth 6.79

Riss 4.34

Nathan 2.25

surely that limits our options considerably? ?

Edited for accuracy.

Edited by stevebrum