British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Redcar on Thursday, so Kyle Howarth will be missing at Swindon won't he ?

Charles Wright (maximum tonight) or Justin Sedgeman (scoring well now) must be the best guests available and both ex Swindon riders and Paul Starke at reserve. Should be capable of running them close but will Doyle get through the GP safely with his broken foot.

Sheffield v Redcar on Thursday, so Kyle Howarth will be missing at Swindon won't he ?

Charles Wright (maximum tonight) or Justin Sedgeman (scoring well now) must be the best guests available and both ex Swindon riders and Paul Starke at reserve. Should be capable of running them close but will Doyle get through the GP safely with his broken foot.

Swindon will have no Morris either, concussion tonight so puts him out of action next Thursday.

Think Clegg will be used on Monday.With a near 20 point lead taking into the 2nd leg,Adams will probably want to see if there has been any progression in Max,s form around Monmore. On Thursday at Swindon,best to definitely use Paul Starke, especially with Howarth missing the meeting due to him riding at Sheffield.

No problem with Clegg being used on Monday since the tie is basically in the bag anyway. Obviously think we should go for a better option such as Ellis, Starke or even Perks for our league fixtures though.

• Like 1

No problem with Clegg being used on Monday since the tie is basically in the bag anyway. Obviously think we should go for a better option such as Ellis, Starke or even Perks for our league fixtures though.

Ellis and Starke should be booked now for every match that they are available for until Riss returns from injury

• Like 2

One potential knock-on worry of the Riss injury would be the effect on Nathan Greaves. I haven't checked the scores match by match, but retain an impression that his form picked up once Riss had arrived. It may be coincidence, of course, but equally the scoring of Riss might have eased the pressure on Greaves.

• Like 1

Greaves 'issues' (if he is having any) may well be as much mechanical as anything else.

Unexpected servicing and a blow up of his 2 GTRs must put a strain on the finances. There was a bucket collection this week at Ipswich to help fund replacement.

Greaves 'issues' (if he is having any) may well be as much mechanical as anything else.

Unexpected servicing and a blow up of his 2 GTRs must put a strain on the finances. There was a bucket collection this week at Ipswich to help fund replacement.

Yes, I knew about the mechanical problems (though not the collection, hope that went well and thanks for the info). For clarity I'm not saying he has 'issues', a term you've introduced. I'm just a tad concerned about the impact on him of losing quite a productive reserve partner, hence the term "potential knock-on worry".

Max Clegg confirmed as Mark Riss' replacement against King's Lynn.

Yes, I knew about the mechanical problems (though not the collection, hope that went well and thanks for the info). For clarity I'm not saying he has 'issues', a term you've introduced. I'm just a tad concerned about the impact on him of losing quite a productive reserve partner, hence the term "potential knock-on worry".

Yes it was my introduction of 'issues' No intent to imply that was from you ✌

Used the ' ' as I didnt really feel that was the right term to use myself!

He has been impressive in his Witches performances and become a fans favourite already

The fact that there is no thread for the second leg of the KO cup, probably indicates that Wolves are as enthusiastic about this match as we are.. :cheers:

And the fact that a "bumper crowd is expected" is missing from their normal reteric, probably means the promotion aren't expecting many to attend.

• Like 2

Bringing two newbies with me tonight from Shrewsbury and having an afternoon in the beer in Wolves beforehand so I'm quite looking forward to tonight. Not sure how either side will approach the meeting but hopefully we will see some decent heats.

Bringing two newbies with me tonight from Shrewsbury and having an afternoon in the beer in Wolves beforehand so I'm quite looking forward to tonight. Not sure how either side will approach the meeting but hopefully we will see some decent heats.

i hope you'll be sampling the delights of the Great Western then

• Like 1

And the fact that a "bumper crowd is expected" is missing from their normal reteric, probably means the promotion aren't expecting many to attend.

And don't bother 'getting there early' :D