British Speedway Forum

Peter Adams making reference to fans not coming through the gates...

Klindt sold.

Musielak sold.

Masters not purchased when he was avaiable.

Seems a very strange decision to sell Musielak given the form he has shown since he returned for Swindon.

• Like 2

£££££££s.

Matt helped out CVS earlier in the season - now its Terry Russell's turn!!

Edited by Skidder1

Klindt sold.

Musielak sold.

Masters not purchased when he was avaiable.

Klindt wouldn't ride for Wolves again anyway.

Musielak is a good rider but not much use around Monmore if I remember correctly.

Masters' average may end up too high to keep next season although I agree that not purchasing him as an asset when available was a bit strange - although saying that, I would keep him over Thorssell if push came to shove.

Wasn't CVs quoted earlier this year as saying (I am paraphrasing) there isn't much point in signing riders as assets any more as they will ride where they want these days.

• Like 1

Wasn't CVs quoted earlier this year as saying (I am paraphrasing) there isn't much point in signing riders as assets any more as they will ride where they want these days.

Yes I think that was at the pre-season talk-in.

Klindt sold.

Musielak sold.

Masters not purchased whe he was avaiable.

To be fair it isn't only speedway in the city, where crowds are down, Wolves FC have sold only, 15,000 S/T,s despite the new owners having spent nearly £65 mill in transfer fees over the last 12 months,and also I've been to a few dog meetings where there have been more dogs than punters.Not sure about the horse racing at Dunstall, haven't been for ages.So i think Adams is clutching at straws regarding speedway attendance's​.Times have changed,and people have found other things to do with their money,and quite frankly those that have been lost to the sport have gone and they ain't gonna be back.

EDIT

He showed up well away but struggled at Monmore but it's not long ago he was rated as highly as Pawlicki, Zmarzlik and Dudek but lost his way a bit and then struggled once he was 21 and no longer at reserve.

Shame to,see him being sold but understand the reasons behind selling

Edited by INCOGNITO

Has Musielak been sold or just on loan ?

He showed up well away but struggled at Monmore but it's not long ago he was rated as highly as Pawlicki, Zmarzlik and Dudek but lost his way a bit and then struggled once he was 21 and no longer at reserve.

Earlier in the thread - it says sold.

EDIT

Shame to,see him being sold but understand the reasons behind selling

He was weird at Monmore, he actually started quite well. There was a televised meet early on in the season where he was passing and repassing with Chris Harris. He took a knock at one point I remember and when returning he seemed to lose his way and was constantly spinning off into turn 1.

• Like 1

Yes he did.

I asked the question about signing Masters as an asset.

Perks for Riss now confirmed.

Because it's a 28 day contract for an injured rider, I assume that we are able to bring Riss back in when fit?

• Like 1

Perks for Riss now confirmed.

Because it's a 28 day contract for an injured rider, I assume that we are able to bring Riss back in when fit?

Yes, as long as it is an injury replacement.

The objective now is to scrape into the playoffs. We are going to be very vulnerable.

• Like 3

Yes, as long as it is an injury replacement.

The objective now is to scrape into the playoffs. We are going to be very vulnerable.

Back to where we started in march, 2 #7s (based on Perks's 2 performances for us so far). There must have been a better alternative mustn't there (don't ask for suggestions :D?) Are CVS & Adams back to their 'he's cheap and easy to sort out, it'll do' days? :unsure::neutral:

Why the bleating on Perks? Great little rider with a future and better than Clegg and Greaves.