Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

If you believe everything you read on the Poole site,and Klindt is heading for the south coast,then there needs to be a re-think on our plans for next season.

Nic will miss a fair few meetings for the Pirates,has he as already signed a two year contact to captain Esbjerg in the Danish league.

Looking through all the averages now(minus Klindt)the best I can come up with whats left is ***************************

Lindgren----10.09

Todd Kurtz ----- 5.76

Masters ---- 8.88

Palm Toft ---- 6.98

Thorssell ----- 9.88

Clegg ------ 4.34

Dan Bewley ---- 4.00

Total ------- 49.93

Belle Vue will probably use Bewley if they run,But if not,hes done pretty well in the 3 meetings at Monmore last season.

Arthur Sissis and Matt Williamson are alternatives,both fit within the points limit.

Until Poole release the signing of Klindt I refuse to believe CVS would allow it to happen. I guess if Klindt wants to go there CVS won't have much choice but if we lose him because of higher wages it'll be frustrating.

Lindgren 10.09

Thorssell 9.88

Masters 8.88

Wells 7.92

Kurtz 5.76

Klindt 5.42

? 2.00

Not necessarily a team I'd want, just trying to 2nd guess CVS.

It wouldn't be the first time though would it?

It sure wouldn't.

All premiership and championship teams must have a minimum of 2 British riders in their team in 2017. Blimey

That being the case it'll be Max & Ash.

If that is the case i would give Arthur Sissis ago along with clegg

Sissis isn't British , he is Australian.

Everybody has a reliable source. :rolleyes:

No doubt news will be clearer soon.

Certainly be one of the questions getting asked at the wolves talk in next week.

I'd rather believe the promotion than a reliable source.

Not my source. But a very reliable Poole fan from twitter has said that Kildnt will sign for Poole.

Skidder has pretty much confirmed it for the last couple of weeks on here. Klindt to Poole is a cert

Skidder has pretty much confirmed it for the last couple of weeks on here. Klindt to Poole is a cert

I'd assumed that a few pages back. Money talks...............................

• Like 2

Not my source. But a very reliable Poole fan from twitter has said that Kildnt will sign for Poole.

I'm sure Poole can enhance Klindt's wallet. Can they do it when they have to fit his Danish fixtures around Andersen's Danish fixtures. Let me guess Klindt will start at reserve for the Pirates attaining an average much above his current starting average, then we shall see Harris, Nicholls & Lambert will spend the rest of the season guesting as a replacement for him as he is unavailable for Poole's remaining fixtures due to his danish league commitments.

Do you enjoy supporting a corrupt bunch of ****** that are destroying Speedway in the UK?

I still harbour hopes that Wolves will sign Klindt as he is there asset, CVS & Adams know a rider on a stupid average when they see one.

Have yo managed to Pimp Cyfer to a NL team yet, if not work to do.

I'm sure Poole can enhance Klindt's wallet. Can they do it when they have to fit his Danish fixtures around Andersen's Danish fixtures. Let me guess Klindt will start at reserve for the Pirates attaining an average much above his current starting average, then we shall see Harris, Nicholls & Lambert will spend the rest of the season guesting as a replacement for him as he is unavailable for Poole's remaining fixtures due to his danish league commitments.

Do you enjoy supporting a corrupt bunch of ****** that are destroying Speedway in the UK?

I still harbour hopes that Wolves will sign Klindt as he is there asset, CVS & Adams know a rider on a stupid average when they see one.

What is corrupt about getting a rider on a average that was genuinely attained?

Cyfer won't be riding for anyone he isn't good enough.

Think he was referring to see if cheque book speedway played any part,regardless wether a rider is an asset or not.

Fair play to Poole,if they matched the riders demands,and his parent club had first option but couldn't come up with a suitable offer.

• Like 1

Think he was referring to see if cheque book speedway played any part,regardless wether a rider is an asset or not.

Fair play to Poole,if they matched the riders demands,and his parent club had first option but couldn't come up with a suitable offer.

Maybe it isn't about money, there is no evidence to suggest Poole pay more than any other team.

Not me not 2 weeks ago!! I only heard the rumour from a very reliable source on Monday! I was always hopeful that Newman would start at reserve for Poole.

In any case as I've said in another post - fixture clashes may still be an issue so its always good to have at least a Plan B. :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

Ricky Wells is joining Edinburgh next season apparently. Sam Masters will also be at Edinburgh in 2017 according to the club owners.

Could Ricky make a Monmore return in 2017? How would you guys feel about that?

As long as Masters is the 3rd heat leader and Wells a second string

(See, I'm learning BW :D ).

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

It is pretty obvious that if Poole sign Klindt they will start him at reserve. And, my god, they have to expose the precious Newman to a 1-5 team place for a few matches. They will never use him after he has attained a stupid average while at reserve. It will be guest riders all the way, as his Danish fixtures will no doubt coincide with Poole fixtures. I bet Ford in on the phone to Esberg arranging fixture clashes on a daily basis after May. I bet if Klindt signs for Poole. Wolves, Swindon & Leicester will be the Pirates first three away matches.

I hope Poole sign the awful Cyfer on a ridiculously assessed average of 8.50 which is what it should be, considering he has Ekstraliga & Elitserien experience. Unlike most Brits on that average.

Assuming Fred, Jacob, Sam and Max are retained...

Sorry Jen, Pepsi retired :)

Glad you don't need to Pimp his services.

Edited by Col

Yes it looks like the biggest bargain for 2017 will be riding elsewhere despite being a club asset but that means very little in speedway and a rider mainly gets what he wants.

Most riders will see averages drop next season and those using old Premier League averages especially look over assessed for the top level. If a rider like Kyle Howarth struggles to reach 5 in an Elite League and reserve races, how is he expected to average 7.18 in the top tier and as a second string ?

As he is riding in the Darcy Ward meeting next year, Rory Schlein on 7.17 is a bargain and while he is a bit of a gamble he can still be a good back up to a strong heat leader pairing of Lindgren and Thorssell.

While Sam Masters is a almost certain signing, do you really need a third big hitter if it means having a weaker tail end. Schlein plus Museliak and Berge or Ross would still leave about 5.5 for a reserve to go alongside Max and Simon Lambert , Bradley Wilson-Dean or Vino Manzares are all in that bracket and BWD looks a good call.

Lindgren

Museliak

Schlein

Berge/Ross

Thorssell

Clegg

Is that stronger than having Masters and a 3 point ?

Obviously Klindt missing meetings through fixture clashes may or may not happen but the very fact it could is one of those reasons why you cannot take the sport seriously...

Sign a Dane and you ride on a Wednesday? Sign a Swede and you ride on a Tuesday or Thursday?

Then no guests should be allowed when they are missing riding in their home league on those nights..

The sport is Mickey Mouse enough, blighted by guests, with the vast majority used for non injured riders..

Causing them to be used by inevitable fixture clashes that that will occur, and you know this months in advance, is simply ridiculous, and for the integrity of the sport just shouldn't be allowed...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5