British Speedway Forum

It is pretty obvious that if Poole sign Klindt they will start him at reserve. And, my god, they have to expose the precious Newman to a 1-5 team place for a few matches. They will never use him after he has attained a stupid average while at reserve. It will be guest riders all the way, as his Danish fixtures will no doubt coincide with Poole fixtures. I bet Ford in on the phone to Esberg arranging fixture clashes on a daily basis after May. I bet if Klindt signs for Poole. Wolves, Swindon & Leicester will be the Pirates first three away matches.

I hope Poole sign the awful Cyfer on a ridiculously assessed average of 8.50 which is what it should be, considering he has Ekstraliga & Elitserien experience. Unlike most Brits on that average.

Sorry Jen, Pepsi retired :)

Glad you don't need to Pimp his services.

Dont know why you think Poole would sign anyone on a ridulously high average.

Poole would not sign a rider just to use guests when his average went up. If fixture clashes are a problem he wont be riding for Poole. Hans didnt have fixture clash problems last season.

Obviously Klindt missing meetings through fixture clashes may or may not happen but the very fact it could is one of those reasons why you cannot take the sport seriously...

Sign a Dane and you ride on a Wednesday? Sign a Swede and you ride on a Tuesday or Thursday?

Then no guests should be allowed when they are missing riding in their home league on those nights..

The sport is Mickey Mouse enough, blighted by guests, with the vast majority used for non injured riders..

Causing them to be used by inevitable fixture clashes that that will occur, and you know this months in advance, is simply ridiculous, and for the integrity of the sport just shouldn't be allowed...

Could I just clarify for you that Hans Andersen's Danish team ride on FRIDAY'S....If Nicolai Klindt was to sign for Poole then I guess his Danish team ride on Wednesday's, the same as Bjarne Pedersens did last year, and he only missed one or maybe two home meetings. He missed a few away ones but that was due mainly to the fact he didn't start the season with Poole and those matches were in his Callander first.

I'd assumed that a few pages back. Money talks...............................

Think he was referring to see if cheque book speedway played any part,regardless wether a rider is an asset or not.

Fair play to Poole,if they matched the riders demands,and his parent club had first option but couldn't come up with a suitable offer.

Not the case at all. Matt Ford is certainly not known for cheque book spedway. He is known to be a hard negotiator as riders have previously discovered. What he does offer is payment on time, and the rider has a good opportunity to pick up local sponsorship with plenty of companies having links with the club. Plus a Wednesday suits many riders.

I know for a fact tat Matt Ford has missed out on signing riders this winter due to being outbid by other clubs. Prime example is a certain dane who has ended at a midlands club with his bruv. (Which I am personally pleased about)

Milik also turned Matt down having had a better offer from Sweden. Just because Poole are successful doesn't mean Matt Ford waives the cash. He runs a tight ship and thats the reason there's never been any financial issues under his command.

Maybe it isn't about money, there is no evidence to suggest Poole pay more than any other team.

correct. In fact Matt Ford doesn't get involved in cheque book speedway.

Poole used to use cheque book speedway..............a case in point is when Loram made way for Rickardsson.

Poole can pay more than some other teams thats well known and documented

Um nope! Norrie at the time was asking for double what Mark was on the year before because he was world champion! Matt could not balance the books on those wage demands as was not going to put the long term future of the club in jepody.

• Like 4

Um nope! Norrie at the time was asking for double what Mark was on the year before because he was world champion! Matt could not balance the books on those wage demands as was not going to put the long term future of the club in jepody.

Quite right, pretty sure that was the case at the time, getting Rickardsson for less money than Loram was a bit of a no brainer i would have thought.

• Like 1

I'm sure Poole can enhance Klindt's wallet. Can they do it when they have to fit his Danish fixtures around Andersen's Danish fixtures. Let me guess Klindt will start at reserve for the Pirates attaining an average much above his current starting average, then we shall see Harris, Nicholls & Lambert will spend the rest of the season guesting as a replacement for him as he is unavailable for Poole's remaining fixtures due to his danish league commitments.

Do you enjoy supporting a corrupt bunch of ****** that are destroying Speedway in the UK?

I still harbour hopes that Wolves will sign Klindt as he is there asset, CVS & Adams know a rider on a stupid average when they see one.

Have yo managed to Pimp Cyfer to a NL team yet, if not work to do.

I don't understand why people think Klindt is going to make a mockery of his average. His average went up in the EL because his home track was a gater's paradise and he's a gating tart. He averaged over eight at home and about five away, take him away from a track like Leicester and he's going to average between 5-6, that's why his average riding for Scunthorpe isn't higher.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people think Klindt is going to make a mockery of his average. His average went up in the EL because his home track was a gater's paradise and he's a gating tart. He averaged over eight at home and about five away, take him away from a track like Leicester and he's going to average between 5-6, that's why his average riding for Scunthorpe isn't higher.

Tend to agree, Klindts average will go up, but to make a mockery off it, no chance. Guys had that tag for about 4-5 seasons now, and were still waiting.......

Klindt is Mr Inconsistency. Even in the same meeting he can ride brilliantly in one race and then like a novice for the other 3.

Would not want him in my team

Edited by Gunner85

Klindt is Mr Inconsistency. Even in the same meeting he can ride brilliantly in one race and then like a novice for the other 3.

Would not want him in my team

Couldn't agree more I seen him at Newcastle a few seasons back when he rode for Scunthorpe he was absolutely pathetic. He should still add a point plus to his average though considering some of the riders he'll be up against

Just to be clear on any potential Danish fixture clashes, Hans was instructed by Matt Ford - stated publicly in the paper - to ensure there were no fixture clashes if he was to honour year 2 of the agreement! I guess the same would be said to any potential Danish League rider.

Also the Danish league operates with a squad system so not every rider signed for a Danish club has to take part in every fixture.

• Like 1

Spot on, hes a bang average rider will maybe add half a point

Couldn't agree more I seen him at Newcastle a few seasons back when he rode for Scunthorpe he was absolutely pathetic. He should still add a point plus to his average though considering some of the riders he'll be up against

Maybe take a look at his last seasons Nice Polish av. Think we would all agree this league is at least the equiv (if not better) than our new Prem.

13 matches - 63 rides - av 1.825 per ride incl bonus = 7.30 match av

Compare to a certain Mr Scott Nichols who is rated 2 places lower at 33 in the Polish Nice riders av

13 matches - 65 rides - av 1.80 per ride incl bonus = 7.20 match av.

The obvious is that one is a no brainer at reserve in the new Prem and the second is now second heat leader at Rye House.

Maybe he was not so hot in P/L last season but if I didn't know better I would say maybe he was privy to some inside info on how the team building was going to pan out this year using the old P/L averages ;-)

Would be one hell of a conspiracy theory huh ??

Quite right, pretty sure that was the case at the time, getting Rickardsson for less money than Loram was a bit of a no brainer i would have thought.

had this discussion before. Norrie asked for a world champions salary for Mark. Matt Ford refused and then brought in the 3 time world champion for more money then Mark. Dont get me wrong Tony was a better rider than Mark and Norrie asked for a rise. Poole still paid Tony more than Mark and that is a fact. Poole have money if the need to use it

Correct.

Klindt will win races if he can emerge from the second bend in front.But if not,i wouldn't bank on him beating a two pointer from the back.