British Speedway Forum

So there's 2 possible reasons for signing Howarth:

# That CVS loyalty thing has kicked in again.

# Their plans mean they desperately need the 0.74 difference between Howarth & Wells.

You need two Brits, and Mick Horton has been clever and signed up most of the decent ones :D

Clegg will be the No.7 surely. If not then I would agree with you.

Would be very concerned if he isn't the no7. Howarth will be at no4 on that average I think.

You need two Brits, and Mick Horton has been clever and signed up most of the decent ones :D

Isn't Two Brits just for the Championship?

Isn't Two Brits just for the Championship?

Nope both leagues.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed they've got a track to ride on :o;)

Due to this picture I which Wolves but up earlier which suggested that Fast Freddie will be number 5 who will be number 1.

Zagar is my best bet and will come in on 10.47 average.

If Zagar comes in he will take team to 41.96. which means there could be a two pointer and then any rider with 6.02 average and below.

Its just this photo very much suggests Freddie will be at number 5. They have not done it in alphabetical order either just speculation but an interesting way to have done the twitter post.

Due to this picture I which Wolves but up earlier which suggested that Fast Freddie will be number 5 who will be number 1.

Zagar is my best bet and will come in on 10.47 average.

If Zagar comes in he will take team to 41.96. which means there could be a two pointer and then any rider with 6.02 average and below.

Its just this photo very much suggests Freddie will be at number 5. They have not done it in alphabetical order either just speculation but an interesting way to have done the twitter post.

If you're basing it on be photo then Clegg is in the 1-5 so it won't be a 6 and a 2. Or has to be two riders under 4 (or whatever Clegg is)

I hope I'm proved wrong but I cannot see Kyle Howarth maintaining or improving his average and so his signing appears to be a big gamble.

My only concern is that Sam Masters has not yet been announced and he's now back to Australia for our winter.....

A lot of riders won't live up to their averages as it can't happen when you have two teams totalling 100 and for averages purpose you have 84 points 14 heats each having 4 rides) so many will drop.

However Kyle at 7.18 and a second string appears to be a big risk as he rode most of the season as a reserve and averaged just five in many draft protected races. When you consider around the same mark is Batchelor or Schlein who have been top league heat leaders in harder races.

Clegg will be the No.7 surely. If not then I would agree with you.

Unless they sign a 2.00 reserve then Howarth will be the main second string

This Wolves team is building up to be the benchmark for the others. 3 top class heat leaders in Freddie , Jacob and Masters and Howarth and Clegg is a strong 5. Get the other 2 right and they have to be favourites

Favourites ?

If Masters signs, Howarth will be the main second string and the reserves will be National League riders with Clegg the main reserve and a number two around the five or six average mark.

Would be very concerned if he isn't the no7. Howarth will be at no4 on that average I think.

Masters joins there is just under 10 left for the last two so good chance Howarth will be at #4 and Clegg the main reserve.

Signing Masters and another seven pointer along with a newbie seems the best option with what's left but if you want a better reserve pairing then Masters would be unlikely and a more balanced trio with Clegg the number seven could be seen as a team that can all score and give more backing to Howarth who could be the third heat leader

No numbers will have been decided or will be until press and practise.

In other suggestion is nonsense.

He averaged 6 last year. Riding in the EL which was a higher standard than the Premiership. Riding pre dominantly as hl in a format which pitted him pre dominantly against other hl.

He should put at least a point on his average this year, whereas most other riders will drop a point. Basically he's a couple of points better than any other rider on a comparable average.

Most people averaged around six in the EL last year because of the heat format, Klindt spent time at reserve, second string and heatleader. That just backs up the point that he can get out in some heats and beat top riders and in others he can look outclassed by NL standard opposition.

As I said, Leicester being a gaters paradise helped him in the EL, the three point difference between his home and away averages is testament to that. As for being a couple of points better than other riders on similar averages, I don't buy that for a second. He's certainly not two points better than the likes of Kerr, Bates and Sarjeant who have already been declared at Coventry for example.

I reckon the Twitter picture is just them pulling our chains ;)

Edited by Wolfsbane

@https://twitter.com/WolvesSpeedway

Have a look at this picture of the Wolves Twitter. To me this looks like Fast freddie at 5, Jacob at 3, Howarth at 4 and Clegg at 2. This could mean a big hitting number 1 and then two reserves on lows points. Just the way it looks in the picture!!!!

Freddie will be our top rider.

Theres no indication or reason to suggest anyone higher will be in the team. That pic on Twitter is just a bit of promo for the night on Wednesday.

Edited by superguest

Most people averaged around six in the EL last year because of the heat format, Klindt spent time at reserve, second string and heatleader. That just backs up the point that he can get out in some heats and beat top riders and in others he can look outclassed by NL standard opposition.

As I said, Leicester being a gaters paradise helped him in the EL, the three point difference between his home and away averages is testament to that. As for being a couple of points better than other riders on similar averages, I don't buy that for a second. He's certainly not two points better than the likes of Kerr, Bates and Sarjeant who have already been declared at Coventry for example.

of his last 20 meetings, he rode 13 as HL, 2 as 2nd strong, 5 as reserve. Kerr/Bates/Sarj spent their time bewteen 2nd strong and reserve.

I would say without a doubt Klindt is 2 points better than those riders, SCB's "weighted average" stats from last year reflect this. And of course, his average is in fact lower that both Kerr and Sarjeant. that said, Kerr was somewhat disapointing last year, having been arguably the pick of the draft riders the previous year, and Bates has a lot of improvement to come. I'd still be highly surpised if Klindt does not average 1.5 more than any of those others, even though i expect the others to spend much more time in the easier reserve berth.

Freddie will be our top rider.

Theres no indication or reason to suggest anyone higher will be in the team. That pic on Twitter is just a bit of promo for the night on Wednesday.

it may however make sense for Freddie to ride at number 5. agree, i would be amazed if Wolves signed another 10+ rider

• Like 1

it may however make sense for Freddie to ride at number 5. agree, i would be amazed if Wolves signed another 10+ rider

Plus it's been said anywhere (yet) that your top rider has to ride at number one anyway!

Plus it's been said anywhere (yet) that your top rider has to ride at number one anyway!

Very True, apart from in 2015 where Holder had lower average than Magic and he raced at 1 and Magic at 5. I think he has to start season there but can move.