British Speedway Forum

The thing with Klindt is he gates, he wins. He doesn't gate and he's doesn't win. It doesn't matter what level he rides at he gates 50% of the time so averages about 6 at that level. But for one bad season the EL on 4ish he's always been 6ish in the PL or the EL.

Sounds like Sargeant ..... except for the tapes exclusions ..... and the six point average in the top division.

• Like 1

No I don't want Howarth as a heat leader, not sure I want him as second string on that average! However, hes in, so that's that. I think if we have Masters we will be very hard to beat at home, and able to keep it close away. With only 1 reserves race, then the importance of a strong pair of reserves diminishes.Clegg really improved at the end of last season and hopefully he could cope with being the senior reserve, at least at home. There is more to come from him. A solid team without Masters doesn't appeal.

• Like 2

Agreed. I think he's a decent signing.

Ah ha, you have convinced yourself!

With only 1 reserves race, then the importance of a strong pair of reserves diminishes.

I would have thought if anything the importance of reserves has increased, given that they now have to mix it more with other riders higher up the pecking order. Unless, of course, you mean a strong pair is not as important and you can get by with one strong reserve. I haven't explained that particularly well, but I think you get the gist.

According to my very shaky logic (and maths :P ) that top 4 plus Clegg, Klindt and a 2 pointer would be 50.05!

Does anyone know what the points limit will be when the first set of averages are released?

No-one knows the limit as that would be too hard to do that in advance.

He only rode 4 pl meetings last year, so his SCB weighted El average is a much better gauge.

He averaged over 7 in the pl in 2015.

Lets see cone end of season which of those 4 riders averages the most.

He rode seven meetings and averaged 5.6 in the PL in 2015. So his rolling average shows that over the last three seasons at that level he has been a five point rider. As SCB has said he will generally average the same in either league because he relies on his gating ability. I don't believe he will improve by much over half a point in this division, a major factor will be where he rides his home meetings.

He rode seven meetings and averaged 5.6 in the PL in 2015. So his rolling average shows that over the last three seasons at that level he has been a five point rider. As SCB has said he will generally average the same in either league because he relies on his gating ability. I don't believe he will improve by much over half a point in this division, a major factor will be where he rides his home meetings.

If I look at scbs site, he rode 10 pl meetings in 2015. Averaged 7.07 with bonus, 6.15 without (my mistake I took the 7.07 as without bp).

Anyway I reckon he will be 6.5+ this year, not convinced bates/sarj will be above 5. Kerr may be, assuming some time as reserve, but don't see him being above 5.5.

Klindt a Pirate

I'm amazed Wolves are happy to allow that

I don't suppose they had a choice, he is self employed and as such will go where the money is.

• Like 1

Absolutely no idea where Wolves are going with their team building now Klindt has signed for Poole. After the Howarth signing I didn't think CVS/Adams would sign Masters alongside the two Swedes, it just looks a too top heavy line-up for them.

Absolutely no idea where Wolves are going with their team building now Klindt has signed for Poole. After the Howarth signing I didn't think CVS/Adams would sign Masters alongside the two Swedes, it just looks a too top heavy line-up for them.

Can see CVS/Adams being asked some awkward questions now regarding the remaining three places in the team.

Cant really see Masters being involved in 2017.

Following Klindts departure to Poole,think they will now go for all-round strength,with someone decent to partner Clegg,and certainly no two pointer involved in the plans.

• Like 2

I agree. Have an arm length of questions for tomorrow!

There is obviously a clear plan unless Klindt was meant to sign.

Personally I'm still hoping for Masters.

• Like 1

Can see CVS/Adams being asked some awkward questions now regarding the remaining three places in the team.

Cant really see Masters being involved in 2017.

Following Klindts departure to Poole,think they will now go for all-round strength,with someone decent to partner Clegg,and certainly no two pointer involved in the plans.

I doubt it.. most of the happy clappers are delighted because Howarth is back.. he's a nice lad you see.

Then they wonder why Poole are up near the top year after year.. and Wolves every eight years or so.

• Like 4

I doubt it.. most of the happy clappers are delighted because Howarth is back.. he's a nice lad you see.

Then they wonder why Poole are up near the top year after year.. and Wolves every eight years or so.

Signing Howarth on that average now puts a bigger question mark on their plans.

If he is to be third heat-leader(and he will be if they go for all-round strength)is a hugh gamble.

Surely,CVS/Adams has a strategy, now that it doesn't include Klindt,of hopefully finding enough heat winners to make us competitive.

Only Fred and Jacob,look like doing that at the moment.

Perhaps they have a few suprises up their sleeves,and Stevebrum will bring us good news on Thursday morning.