British Speedway Forum

Perhaps they have a few suprises up their sleeves,and Stevebrum will bring us good news on Thursday morning.

Likely to be Wednesday night. :wink:

WOLVERHAMPTON ?

1 Freddie Lindgren 10.09

2 Jacob Thorsell 9.89

3 Sam Masters 8.97

4 Kyle Howarth 7.18

5 Ashley Morris 4.98

6 Leigh Lanham 4.34

7 Max Clegg 4.34

Total 49.79

WOLVERHAMPTON ?
1 Freddie Lindgren 10.09
2 Jacob Thorsell 9.89
3 Sam Masters 8.97
4 Kyle Howarth 7.18
5 Ashley Morris 4.98
6 Leigh Lanham 4.34
7 Max Clegg 4.34
Total 49.79

If Wolves end up with that septet I will be amazed. Or anything built along those lines. Which is why I cannot see Masters being included in the Wolves team now.

I think if Wolves sign Masters, you have to go with a 2 point reserve and hope the rest of the team carry you through.

I like Howarth but as we saw last season, he did struggle with consistency so to pick him when his average is higher than Proctor, Museilak, Schlein etc is a strange one.

So with the four already signed (31.5 points) and Masters accounting for 40.47 points and the quality of riders who average between 4 & 5 points being less than exciting, i'd go all out for a JPB signing to leave you with just over 7 points for your last second string.

If we don't sign Masters, then aside from wondering what the hell CVS/Adams are doing, you could possibly have Proctor, Musielak and AN Other. If it was correct on Proctor's Twitter that he is 6.68 and the earlier mention of of Musielak being somewhere around the 6.5 mark, it leaves a healthier 5.3 for your other reserve...... Or even go Ricky Wells, with one of Proctor/Musielak leaving just under 4 points for someone like Tom Perry.

WOLVERHAMPTON ?
1 Freddie Lindgren 10.09
2 Jacob Thorsell 9.89
3 Sam Masters 8.97
4 Kyle Howarth 7.18
5 Ashley Morris 4.98
6 Leigh Lanham 4.34
7 Max Clegg 4.34
Total 49.79

5 through to 7 does not inspire much confidence in my opinion. I think Morris would struggle at reserve let alone in the main body of the team

WOLVERHAMPTON ?
1 Freddie Lindgren 10.09
2 Jacob Thorsell 9.89
3 Sam Masters 8.97
4 Kyle Howarth 7.18
5 Ashley Morris 4.98
6 Leigh Lanham 4.34
7 Max Clegg 4.34
Total 49.79

Good god.Thats the sort of tail we will be left with,if we include Masters.

Howarth,should never have been signed ahead of Sam.

What a cock-up.

Good god.Thats the sort of tail we will be left with,if we include Masters.

Howarth,should never have been signed ahead of Sam.

What a cock-up.

Which is why I don't think there will be a 3rd Brit at Monmore, the Howarth signing seems down to that to me. So American Wells would somewhat makes sense as 3rd heat leader. But that only gives you an extra 1.05 to play with for the final 2 riders. 10.58.

I doubt it.. most of the happy clappers are delighted because Howarth is back.. he's a nice lad you see.

Then they wonder why Poole are up near the top year after year.. and Wolves every eight years or so.

Ain't that the bloody truth. 'We've got them onside with the title win now Pete, but it cost us a fortune'.

Signing Howarth on that average now puts a bigger question mark on their plans.

If he is to be third heat-leader(and he will be if they go for all-round strength)is a hugh gamble.

Surely,CVS/Adams has a strategy, now that it doesn't include Klindt,of hopefully finding enough heat winners to make us competitive.

Only Fred and Jacob,look like doing that at the moment.

Perhaps they have a few suprises up their sleeves,and Stevebrum will bring us good news on Thursday morning.

C'mon Brum, let's be having it! :D

Edited by Wolfsbane

C'mon Brum, let's be having it! :D

You know you can rely on a full report. :wink:

• Like 1

Lingren 10.9

Thorsell 9.88

Masters 8.97

Howarth 7.18

6.73 \5.73

Cldegg 4.34

3.00 \2.00

we can still use masters and use a 2 or a 3 pointer as our number 7 giving a 6.73 or 5.73 for the last rider P.Starke or Todd Kurtz

Edited by fish keeper

Don't it feel like if Masters was going to be in the team he'd have been announced already? He's obviously got his visa for 2017 as he's now back in Oz.

Masters did say he wanted to be at wolves for a few seasons not signed for Edinburgh yet ever is it that we have bought his contract and will be told at talk in.

Masters did say he wanted to be at wolves for a few seasons not signed for Edinburgh yet ever is it that we have bought his contract and will be told at talk in.

**Fingers crossed FK** ;)

• Like 1

we can still use masters and use a 2 or a 3 pointer as our number 7 giving a 6.73 or 5.73 for the last rider P.Starke or Todd Kurtz

Paul Starke would do a job.

Paul Starke would do a job.

Surely he maybe at Somerset or Leicester like last season. Somerset is where my money would be.

Tbh, I would be surprised if Masters signed for Wolves as they would look very top heavy. His average is nearly 9 so he should probably be a Leicester heatleader unless he has replaced Fricke at Belle Vue but can't see it. Somerset is a maybe with Tungate and Graczonek.