British Speedway Forum

Max is a Cradley asset isn't he

I thought this was the case too but considering the common promotion, he might as well be ours.

I didn't think national league teams could have assets??

I didn't think national league teams could have assets??

That's correct. The NL team gets paid £ per avg point for the rider. There is no "we're not letting him go for less than 10k" etc. If a PL or EL team want the rider and the rider wants to go then the fee is lodged at BSPA and that's that.

Don't think Masters is better than Fricke.But agree he his a very promising young rider.

Depends how you judge it.

Fricke has done really well in the Swedish and Polish leagues whilst Masters is above him in the EL even tho marginally 7.18 to 7.08 plus Masters did a decent job for Oz in the WTC.

Fricke is younger so may be the better longer term prospect but it wouldn't surprise me if Masters achieves more either.

Fricke has added just under a point to his starting average (6.16) whilst Masters started lower 5.60 and ended higher in the EL.

Masters for me.

• Like 1

If what some of those who work at Brandon say is true, you might need to remove Harris from your wish list after all as they are not his first choice 😉

Edited by mdmc82

If what some of those who work at Brandon say is true, you might need to remove Harris from your wish list after all as they are not his first choice 😉

That makes sense after what he said.

Stevebrum I think Fricke winning the world u 21 title surely gives him the edge over Masters.He is like you say very good in Poland and Sweden and regarding his UK average he missed a lot of home meetings for BV.Max may have done well at the world cup but for getting injured.

His UK average is 0.10 lower the Sam's because he never rode at reserve.

Sam's my second favourite young Aussie. Great rider, love him.

If what some of those who work at Brandon say is true, you might need to remove Harris from your wish list after all as they are not his first choice

So what is his preference ?

• Like 1

Don't see why you wouldn't want that team? Would be super strong at Monmore and do enough away to breeze into the Playoffs and probably win them.

Doubt anybody's team will end up that strong though.

It would be about 5 years too late for both Harris and Nicholls.

Admittedly both go well at Wolves - but really we need some riders who can ride away too.

As you say if the EL is to be viable I can't see any team being allowed to be that strong anyway.

If what some of those who work at Brandon say is true, you might need to remove Harris from your wish list after all as they are not his first choice

Everyone seems to have assumed that. I certainly haven't. I think some have assumed it was Wolves that was on Harris's wish list.

Bomber knows where he is going that much is sure. I won't lose sleep either way who he signs for other than as an honest rider I'd be happy if he did sign for us.

Stevebrum I think Fricke winning the world u 21 title surely gives him the edge over Masters.He is like you say very good in Poland and Sweden and regarding his UK average he missed a lot of home meetings for BV.Max may have done well at the world cup but for getting injured.

Fair point and very valid. However Masters has been a slow burner and could have possibly achieved more if he didn't have time out with visa issues.

I'd say there is little between them tho.

• Like 1

Like I'm going to listen to the Pearson's opinion, Spoon loving $hite supporter. If I met him face to face I'd ask him one question, 'When was the last time you paid to get into Monmore Green?'. I don't need to ask as I already know the answer. When fans are let in free that's the day they're not allowed a say :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

I'm happy to be called a keyboard expert, a lot on here would disagree :D

As Pearson is a dyed in the wool spoon, he's married one for god's sake, then I have absolutely no reason to listen to any of his B.S. regarding the Wolves. I bet he's still boiling inside after our victory in the final. Great ! :D

• Like 4

It would be about 5 years too late for both Harris and Nicholls.

Admittedly both go well at Wolves - but really we need some riders who can ride away too.

As you say if the EL is to be viable I can't see any team being allowed to be that strong anyway.

Nicholls was awesome away for us. He was something like 5th in the away averages overall.

• Like 1

1. Fredrik Lindgren 7.21

2. Sam Masters 7.18

3. Jacob Thorsell 7.06

4. Tai Woffinden 7.03

5. Chris Harris 6.58

6. Max Clegg 4.15/Kyle Howarth (If the EDL averages get set to 4.00 for start of season/Ludvig Lindgren 4.34

7. Ashley Morris 3.00

Total 42.21/42.06/42.40

Assuming the limit and current averages will stay the same, I know probably unrealistic, but what a team

Harris 6.58, Masters 7.18, Thorsell 7.06, Musielak 4.53 and Clegg 4.15 so it would be 29.50 leaving 13 points for final 2 riders

What a wage tab to find each week. You'd need double the crowd pay that. However, I reality, a line up as such would not happen. Nice thought for you though.