British Speedway Forum

And which of these will be replaced by Woffinden a couple of weeks before the playoffs next season?

:cry::cry::cry: Get over it SS.

End of Season Speedway Celebration last night including 'Parrys International Wolves' Stars Fredrik Lindgren, Peter Karlsson, Jacob Thorssell, Kyle Howarth, Sam Masters and Team Manager Peter Adams - Hosted by Mr Dave!

Oh wheres Tai??

htuwe0.jpg

He's outside doing a lap of honour

And which of these will be replaced by Woffinden a couple of weeks before the playoffs next season?

Or as it's known in the trade as 'doin a Poole'.

• Like 4

Well hopefully none of them because hopefully they all stay fit and healthy :) I don't understand the problem, the management saw an opportunity to improve the team, and they did? The main goal of every sports team in the world is to be successful, is it not? Woffinden didn't come in on an assessed 7 or anything, he came in on his old average, I mean I don't particularly like Woffinden, but I'm just saying O.o

• Like 2

Well hopefully none of them because hopefully they all stay fit and healthy :) I don't understand the problem, the management saw an opportunity to improve the team, and they did? The main goal of every sports team in the world is to be successful, is it not? Woffinden didn't come in on an assessed 7 or anything, he came in on his old average, I mean I don't particularly like Woffinden, but I'm just saying O.o

Which is what Poole has done and other teams would do if the opportunity arose.

• Like 3

Yes, Poole have done it, and so have other teams, I dont understand what the problem is, Peterborough did it in the PL too

• Like 1

But, he is not a 7 point rider, he's the current world champion!!!!

Should have been reassessed on his current "Live" league scores from Poland and Sweden..... Which would have probably meant Wolves would have had to get rid of 2 riders, which I bet they wouldn't have wanted to do......

So although not cheating, wasn't really within the spirit of sportsmanship, was it??

But, he is not a 7 point rider, he's the current world champion!!!!

Should have been reassessed on his current "Live" league scores from Poland and Sweden..... Which would have probably meant Wolves would have had to get rid of 2 riders, which I bet they wouldn't have wanted to do......

So although not cheating, wasn't really within the spirit of sportsmanship, was it??

He obtained that average whilst world champion so it was entirely an fair representation of his ability in this country

• Like 2

He obtained that average whilst world champion so it was entirely an fair representation of his ability in this country

Do you really believe that...?

Do you really believe that...?

It was his true average for the season he had while world champion. He had a nightmare season in the EL and Wolves suffered as a result. He came back within 2 years, so why wouldn't you expect that he would have the same average? It was totally within the spirit of sportsmanship - replace a lesser rider with a better one who is on a lower average. No dodgy sicknotes were used!

• Like 5

It was his true average for the season he had while world champion. He had a nightmare season in the EL and Wolves suffered as a result. He came back within 2 years, so why wouldn't you expect that he would have the same average? It was totally within the spirit of sportsmanship - replace a lesser rider with a better one who is on a lower average. No dodgy sicknotes were used!

Spot on. He hasn't been falsely re-assessed or anything like that he has an average that he obtained whilst World Champion I'm not sure why there is an argument.. Wolves had to suffer him being poor to obtain that average why shouldn't they use it to there advantage its what any good sports team does they try to make there team better

• Like 5

Spot on. He hasn't been falsely re-assessed or anything like that he has an average that he obtained whilst World Champion I'm not sure why there is an argument.. Wolves had to suffer him being poor to obtain that average why shouldn't they use it to there advantage its what any good sports team does they try to make there team better

Let's not forget the bi-annual tournament involving Davey Watt... ;)

Let's be honest and fair everyone, no way should Tai've come in on a 7 average, as World Champion he realistically should've been an 8.5. He had a crap year when he obtained that 7!

LOL the same people crying that Newman should be a 5.00 average are now saying the CURRENT WORLD CHAMPION IS ONLY A 7.00 AVERAGE AS IT REFLECTS HIS ABILITY IN THIS COUNTRY.

Hahahahahahahahaha!​

Kyle should be on whatever average he got from this year, and Woffinden should be on whatever average he got this year, why do they need changing by anyone? An average is an average, and that's the points they scored, regardless of if they're world champion or not, statistics and numbers don't lie :P

• Like 3