British Speedway Forum

bring in ash morris at no6 and drop max to no7,max has been thrown in as a leading reserve too soon.Them two ride superb together and are BOTH Wolves assets.Unfortunately nathen has got as good as he is getting,Ive no idea of the new rules as far as the averages go but most will have lowered theres apart from kyle Howarth who is flying right now.

Ash for Greaves would be a no brainer but I wouldn't rush into any move until the averages and point limit changes as we need to maximise whatever points we have to replace Greaves to make us as strong as possible.

Ash for Greaves would be a no brainer but I wouldn't rush into any move until the averages and point limit changes as we need to maximise whatever points we have to replace Greaves to make us as strong as possible.

Everyone's assuming we will have points to play with, but will we ?

We can only hope.

As it currently stands we have around 2.3 pts.

It's ridiculous if they don't apply a multiplier when new averages come out. It means that theoretically you could redeclared with a side that would have been 8.8 points over the limit atvthe start of the season!

• Like 2

It's ridiculous if they don't apply a multiplier when new averages come out. It means that theoretically you could redeclared with a side that would have been 8.8 points over the limit atvthe start of the season!

That's why the average is going down to 42

totally agree.

Probably should be around 1.2/1.25 to give a true reflection between the 2 tiers now and to take account of the realignment in top tier averages.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

That's why the average is going down to 42

I think you have entirely missed my point. If you build to 42 points based on old El averages with no multiplier, you have a team that would have co.e to 58.8 for team building at the start of the season.

Schlein and Howe for thorssel and clegg? On form so far that is strengthening, though both those current riders should be performing better.

Schlein definitely value on that average.

Thorssell has scored 37 points 14,8,5,10 is it that bad.?

Thorssell has scored 37 points 14,8,5,10 is it that bad.?

The first of those two were as a second string under the old race format, so easy rides.

In essence, as has been said many times, his home performances have been good, his away poor.

The first of those two were as a second string under the old race format, so easy rides.

In essence, as has been said many times, his home performances have been good, his away poor.

For me the riders that have been mentioned with Thorssell being replaced won't improve this team Adam/Clegg/Greaves need to improve.

For me the riders that have been mentioned with Thorssell being replaced won't improve this team Adam/Clegg/Greaves need to improve.

It's not even a debate that Schlein/Howe is a LOT stronger than Thorssell/Greaves.

Not that it will happen or even possible as Howe's average doesn't kick in till the new averages.

Edited by BWitcher

It's not even a debate that Schlein/Howe is a LOT stronger than Thorssell/Greaves.

Not that it will happen or even possible as Howe's average doesn't kick in till the new averages.

To get in the play/offs with Thorssell you probably will without him i have my doubts to be honest.You need him in your team for his home form alone.

Lindgren,Howarth,Masters, Skornicki,Schlein,Howe (or someone near to him) ,and another 2 pointer no way is that a top 4 team.

Edited by Sidney the robin

To get in the play/offs with Thorssell you probably will without him i have my doubts to be honest.You need him in your team for his home form alone.

Lindgren,Howarth,Masters, Skornicki,Schlein,Howe (or someone near to him) ,and another 2 pointer no way is that a top 4 team.

You're right, its a top two team.

The team proposed was Lindgren, Howarth, Schlein, Skornicki, Masters, Howe, Clegg..

Way, way stronger than we currently have.. but as has already been stated, not possible now because Howe's average of 4.80 doesn't kick in till the first average changes.

We wouldn't need Thorssell for his 'home form' in that side. Schlein is very good at Monmore and Howe would outscore Greaves a lot more than Thorssell would Schlein.

Away Schlein is arguably better than Thorssell, whilst again Howe head and shoulders above Greaves.

As said Sidney, it's not even a debate as to which is strongest..

Schlein for Thorssell?

No thanks.

Nobody ever said Schlein for Thorssell.

The original suggestion, prior to the discovery that Howe's average wouldn't kick in till the first average change, was Schlein and Howe for Thorssell and Greaves.