British Speedway Forum

You're right, its a top two team.

The team proposed was Lindgren, Howarth, Schlein, Skornicki, Masters, Howe, Clegg..

Way, way stronger than we currently have.. but as has already been stated, not possible now because Howe's average of 4.80 doesn't kick in till the first average changes.

We wouldn't need Thorssell for his 'home form' in that side. Schlein is very good at Monmore and Howe would outscore Greaves a lot more than Thorssell would Schlein.

Away Schlein is arguably better than Thorssell, whilst again Howe head and shoulders above Greaves.

As said Sidney, it's not even a debate as to which is strongest..

Nobody ever said Schlein for Thorssell.

The original suggestion, prior to the discovery that Howe's average wouldn't kick in till the first average change, was Schlein and Howe for Thorssell and Greaves.

With a change at Swindon and Wolves without Thorssell with the side you like i would fancy Swindon's chances.Howe/Schlein are massive risks for me we shall see all about opinions.
  • Like 1

With a change at Swindon and Wolves without Thorssell with the side you like i would fancy Swindon's chances.Howe/Schlein are massive risks for me we shall see all about opinions.

Thorssell isn't going anywhere Sid, its moot.

• Like 1

Thorssell isn't going anywhere Sid, its moot.

Good job or the play/offs might be a pipedream😆your team has a bit of time a good change could really push you on.

Good job or the play/offs might be a pipedreamyour team has a bit of time a good change could really push you on.

You do realise he is riding well below the level required?

Nobody ever said Schlein for Thorssell.

The original suggestion, prior to the discovery that Howe's average wouldn't kick in till the first average change, was Schlein and Howe for Thorssell and Greaves.

However it is really!

We gain in reserve I agree. However I worry that Schlein is on a downward trend and it would be an impossible replacement for Jacob.

It's Skonicki and the two reserves we need to change not Thorssell

I think Adam will steadily improve as will Max, for me we just need to wait until the new green sheets are issued and replace Nathan with Howe, that would make our reserves much stronger and that's what's required I think

well according to Col even though Klindt has stated he didn't want to and had no intention of riding for Wolves this season we should have signed him in the 1-7. and that is why it's constantly bought up by him every 7 or so posts on this topic

I think Col lives in a different world to the rest of us!
  • Like 1

I think Col lives in a different world to the rest of us!

:t:

"steve" are you as enthusiastic about the Witcher side as he is ?. As a Swindon fan i would love Wolves to change to that line up.

No I'm not.

If we can fit Howe in at number 6 once new averages and team averages come in then that's enough for me. Clegg can move to number 7 for an easier time as second reserve.

If not then it's Adam and the reserves that need changing.

Adam would be the unlucky one as he has done OK in the most.

• Like 1

Don't see any sense in letting Jacob go. His away scores need to improve but are we saying that at 23 years old that will never happen? He is someone that I would like to see in the Wolves team for years to come. He is already as quick as Freddie at Monmore and over the next year or two I am sure his away scores will get much better. I can see the short team gain in having a stronger all round team but why alienate a rider who can do a good job for Wolves for years to come just for a short term gain.

If the averages allow us to improve the team by just replacing Greaves then that must be the way forward this season. But if we do have to sacrifice one of the top 5 to strengthen overall, then it has to be the sensible decision for the club to let go of a 40 year old rather than an improving 23 year old.

• Like 4

But if we do have to sacrifice one of the top 5 to strengthen overall, then it has to be the sensible decision for the club to let go of a 40 year old rather than an improving 23 year old.

While not necessarily disagreeing with that, you do need to bear in mind the overall effect on the team -- it's not an either/or between Thorssell and Skornicki. I suspect BWitcher has in mind the extra 1.6-odd of team average building that Wolves would gain by removing the former rather than the latter. But as per his conversation with Sidney, it's a moot point in any event.

• Like 1

i get it he's been a loyal servant to the Wolves , probably a club legend

but was it really a good move bringing Skornicki back ?

i get it he's been a loyal servant to the Wolves , probably a club legend

but was it really a good move bringing Skornicki back ?

He has had some decent meetings too tho.

• Like 1