British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole Blue Riband. Friday 14/1016

Didn't like the sound of Skornickis engine. Sounded a bit like a bag of clattering spanners. Certainly not the purrrrrr of a real speedway engine.

Still waiting for Matt to tell us why no trophies etc as well....

Don't think I'd have been greatly bothered about a few fireworks either. But no trophies for an event with a distinguished history (the late Malcolm Simmons a winner on no fewer than four successive occasions) is, on the face of it, a tad bizarre. I dare say there was a good reason but it would be interesting to know.

• Like 1

Don't think I'd have been greatly bothered about a few fireworks either. But no trophies for an event with a distinguished history (the late Malcolm Simmons a winner on no fewer than four successive occasions) is, on the face of it, a tad bizarre. I dare say there was a good reason but it would be interesting to know.

I think it is a total embarrassment not to give out any trophys for this event. All Poole supporters should be ashamed of Matt Ford for this.

It's not as if it was a last minute decision to run the meeting, as it was announced it would be run several months in advance. For there not to be any trophies is an absolute disgrace!!! Hang your head in absolute shame Mr Ford!!!!!!

• Like 1

I think it is a total embarrassment not to give out any trophys for this event. All Poole supporters should be ashamed of Matt Ford for this.

It's not as if it was a last minute decision to run the meeting, as it was announced it would be run several months in advance. For there not to be any trophies is an absolute disgrace!!! Hang your head in absolute shame Mr Ford!!!!!!

It's not often I go in to bat for Poole (and I may not end up doing so here), but it's easy to get on the high horse and sometimes harder to climb off it. Let's find out the reason first and then go from there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kennettracing/status/805884632793235456/photo/1

How embarrasing, even if Matt thinks trophies are not particularly valued, something should be given, perhaps a little imagination required, even just an engraved plaque to stick in their toolbox lid!

• Like 1

I would guess that the awards for this meeting have still not been made, so next week when Rye House visit Wimborne Road, the Poole promotion have the ideal opportunity for the sponsors to present the outstanding trophies to Eddie, Scott and Bomber. Will Matt Ford and co do the right thing? I'd like to hope so - we'll see shortly.

• Like 2

I would guess that the awards for this meeting have still not been made, so next week when Rye House visit Wimborne Road, the Poole promotion have the ideal opportunity for the sponsors to present the outstanding trophies to Eddie, Scott and Bomber. Will Matt Ford and co do the right thing? I'd like to hope so - we'll see shortly.

I'll give you two guesses!

ideal opportunity farcical if you ask me q