British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole Blue Riband. Friday 14/1016

Great meeting tonight to finish off the season. Loads if brilliant races and a final so close none of us knew who got it on the line.

Well done to Eddie Kennett and Scotty Nicholls to provide a great final.

By all accounts the Poole club couldn't be bothered to present a trophy or cups to the first three. Looks like £20 per person wasn't enough.

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting. Close racing, plenty of riders passing and really going for right till the end. Hats off to Eddie & Scott especially that run off.

My only complaint is why were there no trophies presented? It was a bit embarrassing in fact. Just a thumbs up for the photographers on the podium! Couldn't you just walk down the high street Matt to the trophy shop and buy a couple?

https://mobile.twitter.com/44GinGer44/status/787042590239711232

Edited by Sniffy

Great meeting - some good performances - it was embarrasing that there were no trophies or fizzy liquid to spray around. Scotty made light of it but it should be covered off for next year - I will buy them if there is no sponsor!

They wouldn't have wanted some cheapy trophies but Matt could've used his noddle to think of something to give them ......

But were there fireworks and hot showers?

im pleased kennett won this. hopefully hes done enough so matt signs him up so no one else is left with him instead.

What !, the best (sic) promoter in the universe didn't have trophies for 3 Brits

and nice ones at that - says it all I'm afraid...

Poole management were a joke last night, went on all week in the press about going and didn't even bother with trophys, fireworks, champagne and a decent presentation. In all the years I have been going that was the worst I have seen! Total lack of respect for the riders and the fans that did attend!!

• Like 6

im pleased kennett won this. hopefully hes done enough so matt signs him up so no one else is left with him instead.

Rye House second string/third heat leader next season in the EL.

Rye House second string/third heat leader next season in the EL.

just because the elite is in a sticky situation with the sky contract , i can't see rye house doing the step up there crowds are worse than when the brummies and eastbourne were in the elite , financial suicide if they step up , what standard of rider will they get

Crowds are not too bad on a Saturday at rye, but weekday meetings at hoddesdon are very poorly attended.

Poole management were a joke last night, went on all week in the press about going and didn't even bother with trophys, fireworks, champagne and a decent presentation. In all the years I have been going that was the worst I have seen! Total lack of respect for the riders and the fans that did attend!!

Times must be hard

Just a case of up the price and up yours from the management as far as I'm concerned. No comments from them. Even Holder was in the pits couldnt come out and show himself! What an insult to the great performance the riders gave us. This meeting was once considered one of the leagues greats. If you want to stage this every year Matt and gain some respect up the honours please next time otherwise this will be another thing to fizzle away into the night sky, not even a firework display for the kiddies! Thank goodness for the excellent entertainment from the riders who gave their best, unlike the promotion. Still sulking I suppose.

Edited by Sniffy

Very disappointed with the promotion last night. No trophys, no fixzy stuff for the guys on the podium, no fireworks and none of the promotion could be bothered to come out and thank the fans for their support over the season. Pretty poor show IMO.

• Like 1