British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole Blue Riband. Friday 14/1016

Well done Eddie Kennett after coming so close in the ELRC.

First individual success since the British U21 Championship in 2007, and prior to that the Ace of Herts Trophy a year earlier.

Great meeting tonight to finish off the season. Loads if brilliant races and a final so close none of us knew who got it on the line.

Well done to Eddie Kennett and Scotty Nicholls to provide a great final.

What about a comment from you on the performance (or non-performance) of the promotion, trophies, fireworks, etc at this meeting?

What about a comment from you on the performance (or non-performance) of the promotion, trophies, fireworks, etc at this meeting?

Perhaps Matt couldn't afford it!

Went for the speedway which was brilliant last night and the final top notch. I am an adult so not interested in fireworks. There was enough of those on track.

Very disappointed with the promotion last night. No trophys, no fixzy stuff for the guys on the podium, no fireworks and none of the promotion could be bothered to come out and thank the fans for their support over the season. Pretty poor show IMO.

It was a total disgrace

• Like 1

Went for the speedway which was brilliant last night and the final top notch. I am an adult so not interested in fireworks. There was enough of those on track.

Haha so predictable and political :D

The chap told me about the lack of trophies also said Adam Skornicki looked to be using some kind of unusual engine or engine protection. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Funny that, Skornickis engine did sound odd. I mentioned it to my son at the time. It sounded rather clattery.

The chap told me about the lack of trophies also said Adam Skornicki looked to be using some kind of unusual engine or engine protection. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

I believe BMW are involved with the developmment

Could it be the same as the one Tobi Kroner has been using for years now?Not an official BMW development,but an engineer from BMW or ex-BMW doing a private project

• Like 1

Yes, we can all tell that you're an adult by your avatars

But what about trophies to the winner and runners-up in the Blue Riband?

• Like 2

Could it be the same as the one Tobi Kroner has been using for years now?Not an official BMW development,but an engineer from BMW or ex-BMW doing a private project

Yes you could well be right, cant find that much about this engine

• Like 1

The Engine Adam was using is the German made one from the guy who worked for BMW , it seemed to go ok and has plenty of speed ,the ignition system is way to many wires for speedway though ,although changing the timing was done by a sort of USB type plug with the timing already in it and which ever timing you want you simply plug the desired plug in , it sounds really flat on the stand warming up and it sounds a bit clunky at low revs but as I said works ok on the track

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 4

Surely there was prize money on offer poor show for end of season meeting