British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NickRushbrook

Lakeside 2017

Problems in regard to both Sunday and Saturday speedway. The stadium owners stage their stock car meetings on alternate Sundays as mentioned. But there is also fairly regular car racing on most Saturdays run by long-time tenants The Rolling Thunder Show.

By the look of things, I think it is going to be difficult unfortunately for the speedway promotion to sort out weekend race dates.

Not really - as surely alternate Sunday Stocks means there could indeed be alternate Sunday Speedway - which would probably be enough dates IF they ran in the NL...

Arena Essex Raceway's photo.

29 October at 10:24

14884616_1195218973890845_81717324651196

that has to be the case, if they're not ready at this AGM with it being both EL & PL it only leaves NL

IS it just me or does anyone else feel with shafted big time?

NL only for us then if anything :mad:

Nothing wrong with NL... it can actually be better in terms of entertainment for the price you pay. Plus 2 local(ish). Derbies Kent and Eastbourne
  • Like 1

Shafted in what way?

It's a shame for Lakeside but I thought it was good that Jon Cook came out with an announcement early rather than read another load of rumours somebody made up.

All depends when racing as I feel now if

a Saturday then you will not get good crowds

as you will find people going to rye house

and also all the supporters in kent will

proberly go to see the same product at Sittingbourne

with the kent kings.

Shafted in what way?

It's a shame for Lakeside but I thought it was good that Jon Cook came out with an announcement early rather than read another load of rumours somebody made up.

not by anyone just that its the changes a lot of people have been asking

for and we wont bee part of it

• Like 1

What no hammers fans left? already

thinking of rye or kent. maybe its for the

best in the long run maybe that's why our

licence was suspended for 3 years as we

will not run till we have our own stadium

for ever hopefull

Edited by HAMMER180

I'm really sorry for you guy's down at Lakeside, I honestly believed you were heading for the second tier of speedway, the Championship level at least, I'm going miss them trips down the M11, really hope you all come back stronger team wise and track wise, and that you'll be back in proper action, that's showing no disrespect to the National league by the way in 2018.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

Without intending any disrespect to the NL or its supporters, the product just isn't for me.

I will still go sporadically and try to enjoy the sport in its rawest form but I can't envisage getting excited about the team winning.

I will even miss the disappointment of losing.

I want to care but I fear in the NL, I just won't.

My support will still be there as long there's something to look forward to at the conclusion of the three years.

Otherwise, it's just a means to an end.

Without intending any disrespect to the NL or its supporters, the product just isn't for me.

I will still go sporadically and try to enjoy the sport in its rawest form but I can't envisage getting excited about the team winning.

My support will still be there as long there's something to look forward to at the conclusion of the three years.

Maybe just give it a go and see as I quite enjoyed Bournemouth Buccs at Poole when that was there.

Maybe just give it a go and see as I quite enjoyed Bournemouth Buccs at Poole when that was there.

Thanks Lisa.

I will give it go but I'd feel a lot better, if I knew we had Elite League, sorry, SCB Prem speedway to look forward to.

Thanks Lisa.

I will give it go but I'd feel a lot better, if I knew we had Elite League, sorry, SCB Prem speedway to look forward to.

Yeah, I can understand that. But I'm quite a EL (SCB Prem) snob, so if I can get interested in it, don't write it off just yet :)

Edit - quite a derby to look forward to with Eastbourne too!

Edited by lisa-colette

Thought the same when Eastbourne moved down but I love it, it's a proper community club now with a younger fanbase.

We've built up some proper rivalries already with the likes of Cradley, Brummies and Kent. Give it a go, i'm sure you'll be pleasently suprised.

• Like 1

Arena as it was then ran Conference League, the NL equivalent 20 odd years ago and it wasn’t well supported. Cook stating that he'd put a NL team out a season or two ago, then said it wouldn’t be financially viable. Is the rent for the stadium going to drop? Probably not, just the riders wage bill and I'm not sure that'll make fans come to see speedway at Lakeside. Birmingham's track is near the middle of the city, Lakeside isn't. Eastbourne do get fairish crowds when they’re winning and they're more remote than the Purfleet raceway, but I'm not certain enough people will go to Arena to support NL speedway, although I probably will.