British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NickRushbrook

Lakeside 2017

couyld lakeside not run in the premier league on a sunday ?

Definitely not. Stock cars and bangers on Sundays.

No, they didn't declare.

I think you might find that the PL does not have the same declaration before the AGM but if they do go PL they will not be eligible for the KO Cup.

Anyway why I came here today was to say that since Lakeside closed our forum I have gradually lost more and more interest in speedway and I shall not be following speedway at all in future; still after supporting speedway since 1955 I think that I have earned my parole.

I think you might find that the PL does not have the same declaration before the AGM but if they do go PL they will not be eligible for the KO Cup.

Anyway why I came here today was to say that since Lakeside closed our forum I have gradually lost more and more interest in speedway and I shall not be following speedway at all in future; still after supporting speedway since 1955 I think that I have earned my parole.

And I think you're wrong. Anyway do have a happy retirement.

don't know if can wait till the weekend anyone heard any rumours

or titbits?. its been to quiet for my liking so nothing this year I reckon

as I have said before heard that land was in the offing or already purchased

so maybe wont have to wait 3 years for our own stadia. maybe just a

year or two forever hopefull.

I really do feel for you Lakesiders, literally had your speedway pulled from under your feet.....

Can't imagine what it must be like, well actually I can, end of the season, circs Leicester 1983.....

Gutted for you..

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 2

If Lakeside are not successful in getting a new home, then I fear the worst.

Anyway why I came here today was to say that since Lakeside closed our forum

Remember that despite the childish efforts of Standartenführer Cook to silence free speech, that Lakeside does indeed have a forum at:

http://lakesidehammerfans.freeforums.net

What is quite poignant is the fact that many Lakeside Supporters on the forum are already looking to switch their support to Rye House.

If it is an indication of general feeling, then it is quite apparent that the utterly ludicrous decision of Cook & Douglas to relegate Lakeside to semi-pro National League status, is at best blinkered; and, at worst, the death knell of Lakeside Hammers Speedway.

• Like 1

If it is an indication of general feeling, then it is quite apparent that the utterly ludicrous decision of Cook & Douglas to relegate Lakeside to semi-pro National League status, is at best blinkered; and, at worst, the death knell of Lakeside Hammers Speedway.

Its easy to call a decision utterly ludicrous when you are not the one footing the bill. If you ever attended Arena (and we all know you don't ) you would be aware of the big drop in crowds since the road works on the A!3 started . causing huge delays through Dartford Tunnel that are keeping large numbers of fans from Kent away. At the Poole A fixture for example we know it took Kelvin Tatum 5hours to do 20 miles . He had to because its his job but the average fan is just going to turn round and go home rather than put up with that after a days works. . The Saturday meetings against Coventry were much better supported .

The unfortunate fact is that Tilbury Docks are being expanded to become the biggest container port in Europe and roadworks in connection with it are going to go on for some time yet.

We all know in your dream world .its all Cook and Duggo's fault for not having 7 GP riders in the team to bring the crowds flocking back but the real world doesn't work like that.

• Like 3

What is quite poignant is the fact that many Lakeside Supporters on the forum are already looking to switch their support to Rye House.

Many? There's only about 6 or 7 post on there and half of them are already up with the old "I would go to Rye House but its too far excuse" that you use.

Never mind you can always start a Rye House Forum of your own and sit behind your keyboard heaping abuse on Dave Watt like you did when he was at Lakeside. It will be just like the old days.

• Like 1

and sit behind your keyboard heaping abuse on Dave Watt like you did when he was at Lakeside.

As to you, who sits behind his keyboard heaping abuse at members on this forum continously which I would go as far to say 'online bullying'.

I don't like bullies.

• Like 1

'The Voice of Reason' lives in Warwickshire I believe and, as the situation has been explained to me although I've no way of guaranteeing its accuracy, whilst I and no doubt you believe he is fully entitled to hold his views and express them as he has done on this and every other forum provided they are not libellous, it has been patently obvious for some time that he dislikes Jon Cook immensely since he was told his services as a member of the trackstaff were no longer required at Purfleet. Whether that was prior to him moving to Warwickshire I really don't know.

What I DO know is that it was down to postings of a constant negative nature from him and others that led to the original forum being put into 'maintenance mode' i.e. effectively shut.

Nobody in their right mind would object to receiving criticism, in fact most would welcome it, PROVIDED it was of a constructive nature. Go to the forum address "The Voice of Reason" has given you, see how many of the 43 members (last time I looked) post on it and see for yourselves. "E I Addio" has!

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

Its easy to call a decision utterly ludicrous when you are not the one footing the bill. If you ever attended Arena (and we all know you don't ) you would be aware of the big drop in crowds since the road works on the A!3 started . causing huge delays through Dartford Tunnel that are keeping large numbers of fans from Kent away. At the Poole A fixture for example we know it took Kelvin Tatum 5hours to do 20 miles . He had to because its his job but the average fan is just going to turn round and go home rather than put up with that after a days works. . The Saturday meetings against Coventry were much better supported .

The unfortunate fact is that Tilbury Docks are being expanded to become the biggest container port in Europe and roadworks in connection with it are going to go on for some time yet.

We all know in your dream world .its all Cook and Duggo's fault for not having 7 GP riders in the team to bring the crowds flocking back but the real world doesn't work like that.

Everyone knows Cook is behind the traffic and roadworks next to the stadium, it was part of his plan to slowly kill off Lakeside losing a bit more money each year ;)