British Speedway Forum

Maybe you can be enticed you back on 6th April (even if it is a one-off) for challenge match dedicated to Russ Hodgson with the challenging team named the 'Russ Hodgson Select'

Plus a junior match with a team representing Sunderland

I don't know when a team last rode under the "Sunderland" banner, do you ?

Anyway, come on down, I'm sure there will be plenty of fans happy to meet up with you again.

The last time was at Redcar. Can't remember the year but from memory Jade Mudgeway rode for us.

I may well come down to watch a 'Sunderland' Team ride for old time's sake. :t:

• Like 1

The last time was at Redcar. Can't remember the year but from memory Jade Mudgeway rode for us.

I may well come down to watch a 'Sunderland' Team ride for old time's sake. :t:

That would be 2012 (unless it was with the Cubs you saw him ride in 2008). He replaced Michal Rajkowski (it was a double change as Kev Doolan also came in, replacing Justin Sedgmen) in the August of that year.

• Like 1

That would be 2012 (unless it was with the Cubs you saw him ride in 2008). He replaced Michal Rajkowski (it was a double change as Kev Doolan also came in, replacing Justin Sedgmen) in the August of that year.

Thanks a lot Steve. :t::approve: :approve:

Was 2012. The year Gary had his career ending crash. Wilko was signed to replace him Rajkowski and Lee Smart both had brief stints.

Every time I look in the mirror I feel 10 years older - so you must be right. :t::rofl:

Shavings a nightmare though. :rofl: :rofl:

The last time the Sunderland colours were seen on track was in 2008 at Redcar. They beat the Tees Valley Tigers 14-16, and yes Jade was in the Sunderland team.

And it will be a big thrill to see the colours back on track once again- good luck to the "Stars" - and thank you to Redcar Speedway for the opportunity to see them once more.

"The Mackem""

Edited by scarletrider
  • Like 1

The last time the Sunderland colours were seen on track was in 2008 at Redcar. They beat the Tees Valley Tigers 14-16, and yes Jade was in the Sunderland team.

And it will be a big thrill to see the colours back on track once again- good luck to the "Stars" - and thank you to Redcar Speedway for the opportunity to see them once more.

"The Mackem""

Hear, hear!!! :t::approve: :approve:

Well said scarletrider. :t:

All the best to Richard Hall and his family. The injuries suffered by his dad sound horrific.

• Like 1

I hope it is still working OK.

What sort of lowlife steals a life saving piece of equipment like that? I despair sometimes.

The sort of lowlife who would need that bit of equipment if caught by " supporters" before the law did :mad:

• Like 1

What a difference the new promotion has made, communications are now in the 21st century instead of being insulted.

Everything now is on a more professional basis from the team building to the website to general communications.

If ever a club deserves success for turning a dying club into one that wants success then it is Redcar & Kevin Keay

• Like 4

Let's hope that Kevin and his Team are rewarded for all of their effort. :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

Let's hope that Kevin and his Team are rewarded for all of their effort. :t::approve: :approve:

We would love to see you back @ The Media Prima , the track now actually looks like a RACING strip ( photos on Twitter )

• Like 3

We would love to see you back @ The Media Prima , the track now actually looks like a RACING strip ( photos on Twitter )

i'll be travelling down from Newcastle a few times TWK - you'd be welcome to travel with me.

Not back though (haha)

• Like 2

Thank you for your kind offer ch958. :t::rofl:

I am, at the moment, planning to come down to see the Meeting when a Sunderland 'Stars' Team is on display. :t:

• Like 1