British Speedway Forum

If that's so you will lose at least three tracks!!

I honestly don't think they are bothered about that.

As long as the Top League survives for Television - they are not interested in the rest. Very short sighted in my opinion.

Jitendra Duffill appointed co-promoter. Great news and well done to Jitendra.

• Like 2

Jitendra Duffill appointed co-promoter. Great news and well done to Jitendra.

Congratulations Jitendra. I wish you all the very best.

Ian.

• Like 1

Well, if last night was our last home meeting then I would like to say a big thank you to the promotion and the team this season. It has been a breath of fresh air this season, and great to see much larger crowds this season which will hopefully continue into next year.

The team has been a joy to watch this year, topped off by a hugely entertaining meeting last night. Whilst the racing itself was not the best due to the weather, full credit to all the rides who really gave it a go and not a single complaint from any of them on a wet night!

And the idea for prize money for the best after race celebration worked brilliantly, many wheelies, donuts and more. Kevin Doolan roly-polying down the home straight and Ben Barker stripping down to his underwear before doing a lap of honour and then falling off! Daft little things, but really added to the entertainment on the night.

Fingers crossed we can pull something out over the next three away meetings, but if not I have thoroughly enjoyed this year and am eagerly awaiting next season.

With hopefully Ben Barker as the first signing.

• Like 2

Well, if last night was our last home meeting then I would like to say a big thank you to the promotion and the team this season. It has been a breath of fresh air this season, and great to see much larger crowds this season which will hopefully continue into next year.
The team has been a joy to watch this year, topped off by a hugely entertaining meeting last night. Whilst the racing itself was not the best due to the weather, full credit to all the rides who really gave it a go and not a single complaint from any of them on a wet night!
And the idea for prize money for the best after race celebration worked brilliantly, many wheelies, donuts and more. Kevin Doolan roly-polying down the home straight and Ben Barker stripping down to his underwear before doing a lap of honour and then falling off! Daft little things, but really added to the entertainment on the night.
Fingers crossed we can pull something out over the next three away meetings, but if not I have thoroughly enjoyed this year and am eagerly awaiting next season.
With hopefully Ben Barker as the first signing.

I think that is brilliant and is often the sort of things the younger generation want to see. I think it is great when things like this are done and yes you can't do it all the time and during league meetings and I'm not suggestion the likes of Doyle et al start doing it during televised matches (the stripping off part I mean) but it should be done more often and Redcar should be commended, as should those who took part and played along. I remember Berbier Collier and Shane Bowes riding around Brough in stockings and suspenders, hilarious at the time, but this sort of things adds to the atmosphere.

I used to love watching riders doing wheelies etc, (still do and I often think it is more just as entertaining watching those try who can't :D:D ) after race wins and yes it is the thrill of the racing and such which bring punters through the door but stuff like this adds to the atmosphere and makes peoples evening more enjoyable. Sounds like it was a good evening and wished I had gone now. I haven't been to the Silver Helmet since Crumpy won it because since then the line up has been sh**e, nut the lineup looked good last night but due to uni commitments I couldn't attend.

What an entertaining end to an entertaining season supporting the Bears. The whole place is vibrant in complete contrast to the last couple of seasons. Crowds up, a team well worth watching, a promotion that deserves every plaudits they get.

I hope we can keep most of our team here again next year. I will be back, for sure. UTB !!!

GREAT to hear that things are going so well at Redcar.

Congratulations to Kevin Keay and his promoting Team for attempting to put Fun and Entertainment back in to Speedway and the Riders mucking in as well.

I wish Redcar well for the rest of the Season - they deserve it. :t::approve:

• Like 4

Well 2nd in the pairs , 2nd in the fours, 5th in the league, not a bad old season.

Would be a great season if Barker could win the riders championship

• Like 2

Not good news on Charles Wright, not nice seeing he could be out for months.

http://redcarbears.co/2017/10/10/charles-wright-update/

I am very sad to hear of Charles's injury. Best wishes to him for his recovery.

Let's hope that he is fit for the start of next Season.