Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Yes I use the stand, surely the best place was on the home straight ,

The promotion is not going to change with the new man , We need a complete takeover but the brothers Grimm will not let go .

I suppose it can be a two way thing if everybody stopped going week in week out there would be no crowd etc so no profit but then you loose speedway.

The promotion is not going to change with the new man , We need a complete takeover but the brothers Grimm will not let go .

The stand position is a matter of opinion but I believe that on the 4th bend with the banking gives a spectacular view.

Its very sad that you resort to name calling but what exactly have the brothers done wrong?

They had to be careful where they put the stand, due to the referee's box, I'd guess?

The stand position is a matter of opinion but I believe that on the 4th bend with the banking gives a spectacular view.

Its very sad that you resort to name calling but what exactly have the brothers done wrong?

I use the stand every week and its in a good spot, esp watching what goes on in the pits between races. Cant understand why the brothers get so much stick. You hear stories of how they are at the track almost everyday working hard, other than that you hear nothing. Only thing that I can remember is when they had a go at some parents whos kids were throwing stones near the cars and someone been told to stop playing the drum in the stand. If this is where this "brother grimm" tag has come from then some people need to get a grip as that's pretty pathetic.

• Like 1

I use the stand every week and its in a good spot, esp watching what goes on in the pits between races. Cant understand why the brothers get so much stick. You hear stories of how they are at the track almost everyday working hard, other than that you hear nothing. Only thing that I can remember is when they had a go at some parents whos kids were throwing stones near the cars and someone been told to stop playing the drum in the stand. If this is where this "brother grimm" tag has come from then some people need to get a grip as that's pretty pathetic.

Well said CC, spot on. Just to expand on the drum issue, the problem was that the drummer paid no attention no announcements from the refs box and drown all out with the echo of the drum under the roof. Any other time and the drum is a welcome addition to the atmosphere.

Were they not the one's that rejected Ged Rathbones's offer, of investment to the club. Also the younger brother's constant insults to riders, in front of supporters.

Were they not the one's that rejected Ged Rathbones's offer, of investment to the club. Also the younger brother's constant insults to riders, in front of supporters.

Love them or hate them. Why do you think they had to sell out to Ged if they do not want to. Plus Brian Gladders is the youngest at 74 and I do not remember him ever insulting anyone. Eric is the older one and he is older than Havvy who is reported as being 76 in the recent press articles.

• Like 1

Love them or hate them. Why do you think they had to sell out to Ged if they do not want to. Plus Brian Gladders is the youngest at 74 and I do not remember him ever insulting anyone. Eric is the older one and he is older than Havvy who is reported as being 76 in the recent press articles.

I may have misread what you mean, but Brian H is 74 (born 9 May 1942).

Skid Sprocket asked the question, what had the brothers done wrong, in an earlier post. My opinion was rejecting Ged Rathbone's offer was wrong (my opinion). I did not mention

the name of which brother made the insults, as I thought it was not right. I stand by what I stated that one of the brothers made constant insults to riders. In particular Aaron Summers and Matej Kus.

Yes that's what I thought and is why I put "reported as being 76". Which he has been in both the Speedway Star and Evening Gazette on Teesside and Brian does not seem to have disputed that.

Skid Sprocket asked the question, what had the brothers done wrong, in an earlier post. My opinion was rejecting Ged Rathbone's offer was wrong (my opinion). I did not mention

the name of which brother made the insults, as I thought it was not right. I stand by what I stated that one of the brothers made constant insults to riders. In particular Aaron Summers and Matej Kus.

Not disputing anything you say (that's your opinion) except you seemed to have got the brothers the wrong way round in terms of age.

Edited by Sly Fox

According to Companies House, Director Robert Brian Havelock was born May 1940

• Like 1

According to Companies House, Director Robert Brian Havelock was born May 1940

Either way, he's old

So... I'm too young and should stay away for another 60 odd years? :sad:

Edited by Dandelion