British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

The Collapse Of The Pound And The Effect On The El

Hooray!

Another positive from the magnificent referendum result.

British and Commonwealth riders for British teams...sounds good to me.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

So we'll end up like Poland, Sweden and Denmark employing mostly home grown riders!

Sounds damm good to me :cheers:

I've never quite understood why when somebody needs a football manager, they have to hire some foreign guy.

There are 65 million people of this country and hopefully, quite a lot of these will still be British.

Surely, if we need a football manager bod or great speedway riders, we are capable of producing a few of our own without having to go cap in hand to our foreign friends?

Britain was once GREAT in many areas, including speedway.

Make it so.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I thought the Brexit Vote was a wonderful result. For us living in East Anglia we had lost out town, we had lost our society, taken over by the number of migrant. I'm all for anything in moderation but the numbers here are mind boggling.

When I voted to leave, believe or not, I didn't give speedway a thought..... It was not that important...

• Like 7

The caravan and camping industry is booming in the UK.

Are you sure went to Torquay for a weekend a nice place and Brixham all of the holiday parks were mainly full of cheap Sun holidays at a massive discount in July.!

Immigration isn't the problem with this country but obviously the leave campaign used it to great effect thus highlighting how many idiots live on this island

• Like 1

Immigration isn't the problem with this country but obviously the leave campaign used it to great effect thus highlighting how many idiots live on this island

It was all about controlled immigration, perhaps you missed that part..

• Like 4

Lol - immigration is obviously a legitimate issue for many people, that doesn't automatically make them an idiot.

I voted leave but my motive was more to do with our country having the ability to trade freely with the whole of the world, not just one continent which is increasingly inward looking and protectionist. If you ask me, the narrow minded ones are those who support everything about the EU when there's a whole world out there.....

• Like 6

I thought the Brexit Vote was a wonderful result. For us living in East Anglia we had lost out town, we had lost our society, taken over by the number of migrant. I'm all for anything in moderation but the numbers here are mind boggling.

When I voted to leave, believe or not, I didn't give speedway a thought..... It was not that important...

Yes, so this is a bonus!

Lets have more riders like Michael Lee, Terry Betts and all the other Great British Bulldogs.

Let's give our young riders something to aim for and lets fund the sport so that we produce the best in the world.

Make it so.

:t:

Here Here, let the likes of Clegg, Bewley,Smith, Jacobs,Hume,Parkinson, Bacon, Wood,Mountain, Coles, Brennan,Jenkins,get more help and support.

In cycling, they operate Talent Teams.

Scouts spot the talented youngsters very early on and they are taken under the British Cycling umbrella.

They get the best coaching and guidance that it is possible to get.

And it doesn't stop, riders are constantly entering and moving through the system.

Hence, the last few years have been pretty successful on the cycling front!

There is no reason why speedway shouldn't adopt a professional approach, nurture the talent that is right in front of our eyes and stop taking the easy option of shipping in Johnny Foreigner.

Be careful out there.

:t:

Thats ok if you want to watch NL or perhaps PL speedway. Most EL fans want to see the best, not young wobblers.

• Like 1