British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlieboy

Sheffield V Glasgow Play Off Semi Final

Jason : Lower arm injury.

Simon : Foot injury of some sort due to his steel shoe.

Dimi : Broken wrist after been knocked off his bike in the U21's lastweek.

Team at the moment is...

Ricky Wells G

Josh Auty G

Josh Bates

R/R for Simon

Kyle Howarth

Arthur Sissis

Nathan Greaves

From a personal point of view,I hope it rains all Thursday and it gets called off as I've got tickets to see Jean-Michel Jarre in Leeds the same night,which I booked back in August thinking our season would be done by now !

It's a blow not having Steady, Jason and Dimitri as they are almost irreplaceable at Owlerton as all 3 are capable of beating anyone at Sheffield, but the club have brought in the best possible available replacements.

Given our performance last time at Glasgow when we got stuffed, we will need a big lead to take up to Ashfield to give ourselves a chance in the second leg.

It would have been nice if the appropriately-named Master Bates had posted his apology on this forum for a "heat of the moment" loss of temper by himself and his mechanic. But, no, that's not the modern way of behaving, is it ? It takes a man to admit he was wrong.

• Like 2

It would have been nice if the appropriately-named Master Bates had posted his apology on this forum for a "heat of the moment" loss of temper by himself and his mechanic. But, no, that's not the modern way of behaving, is it ? It takes a man to admit he was wrong.

Maybe he doesn't think he was wrong.... Not saying that he was in the right, but nobody actually knows what Bach said to him to provoke him, his reaction would suggest that he wasn't asking him if had watched Eastenders last night.

Not condoning his actions, but everybody does appear to be focussing on his reaction whilst glossing over the potential cause. As I've said elsewhere, not necessarily his biggest fan, but it isn't like him to lose his rag like that (especially on a night when with paid 16 he could rightly claim bragging rights)

• Like 1

Maybe he doesn't think he was wrong.... Not saying that he was in the right, but nobody actually knows what Bach said to him to provoke him, his reaction would suggest that he wasn't asking him if had watched Eastenders last night.

Not condoning his actions, but everybody does appear to be focussing on his reaction whilst glossing over the potential cause. As I've said elsewhere, not necessarily his biggest fan, but it isn't like him to lose his rag like that (especially on a night when with paid 16 he could rightly claim bragging rights)

True but what unfolded a few words is small change to what him & his mechanic preceded to do to be honest this has been done to death now his punishment will hopefully draw a line under it and we can all concentrate on what should be a cracking semi final.

Edited by Gazc

We need to perform down at Sheffield. At reserve we may really struggle.

Sissis and Greaves have hardly set the heather on fire this Season and though they might narrowly outscore Garcia and Ayres, I would expect the Tigers duo to heavily outscore them on Sunday.

Also Sheffield will no be able to replace Berge with Auty at Ashfield, as the guest average drops from 7.26 to 6.91 away from home (also choice of guest excludes other Play-Off riders)

Will be pretty much the same what any riders says to each other when they nearly puts others into the fence ya wee f###&r you see it week in week out most riders just get on with it but bates just jumped straight off his bike and while rene was turning to go back to the pits and confronted him with a few punches with rene not even bothering to take his hand off the handlebars then his mechanic just waded in strange only a person without a brain would punch someone with a helmet on lol

• Like 1

As i said he was lashing out at anything that moved latterly regardless who it was.

Agree Gazc, Because a rider has words you have to attack/assault them, I don't think so, Rene took about 5/6 heavy punches to the head n face, even with a helmet on it's assault, BAN the little thug, The guy's a f****n headcase and a liability. As for the mechanic the Facenna's should ban him from the stadium for his assault on Aaron & medical staff.

Rene took all of these punches without defending himself once.

Edited by jawajoe

2 seconds later his mechanic jumped in and started punching anybody including paramedics before Arron summers tried to get in between them and was pulled back by his hair before it got sorted

Maybe he will get his hair cut now:-]

• Like 1

According to our centre green presenter yesterday , it's not yet been decided whether Simon Stead will ride or not .

It's a blow not having Steady, Jason and Dimitri as they are almost irreplaceable at Owlerton as all 3 are capable of beating anyone at Sheffield, but the club have brought in the best possible available replacements.

Given our performance last time at Glasgow when we got stuffed, we will need a big lead to take up to Ashfield to give ourselves a chance in the second leg.

To be fair , you underperformed that day . Berge looked like he'd never seen a speedway bike before , so r-r can only be a plus there , and Kell Brook was just back from injury and scored about 2 , he scored paid 16 yesterday , so if he just concentrates on speedway he should improve his score from the league match
  • Like 1

According to our centre green presenter yesterday , it's not yet been decided whether Simon Stead will ride or not .

Not quite what I said! I said there were rumours that Stead may still ride! They may turn out to be true or utter nonsense! I didn't say that a decision was still to be taken!

Not quite what I said! I said there were rumours that Stead may still ride! They may turn out to be true or utter nonsense! I didn't say that a decision was still to be taken!

Fair enough , my humble apologies :wink:

To be fair , you underperformed that day . Berge looked like he'd never seen a speedway bike before , so r-r can only be a plus there , and Kell Brook was just back from injury and scored about 2 , he scored paid 16 yesterday , so if he just concentrates on speedway he should improve his score from the league match

Haha, at least Bates lasted longer than Kell Brook :rofl::rofl: