British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedboy

1982 Anglia Junior League

Does anyone have the score or heat details for

Mildenhall vs ipswich 15th may 1982 and

Mildenhall vs Milton Keynes 28th September 1982

Thanks in advance

Not sure whether the following is of assistance?

Mildenhall v Ipswich 15/05/1982

From a google search I have found the following incomplete details of Ipswich 1982 AJL matches

http://www.retro-speedway.com/docs_pdf/Juniors.pdf

You will see that there is no mention of a Ipswich AJL match on 15/05. On that date there was a NL match held, Mildenhall 62 Peterborough 34. There is however, a mention of Mildenhall v Ipswich (AJL)on 15/08/1982 but no details of result. I have seen a Mildenhall 15/08/1982 programme (Mildenhall v Glasgow) and the second half does have the Mildenhall v Ipswich match, but the second half details have not been completed.

Mildenhall v Milton Keynes 28/09/1982

Mildenhall had a home NL match against Rye House on 29/09 which was a rain off.

I looked at that 15/08 programme and perhaps jumped to the wrong conclusion that it was a printers error. Only 2 races are listed, in the middle of which is the Reserves Scurry (lack of scurrying reserves is killing this sport). The heats all look like scratch races. I'm trying to hunt down a marked programme. A scan of the blank one can be had here https://app.box.com/s/uhdzga2nuc2wws55j5sksixrdeg449eh

Actually it's worth a look just to read Randall Butt's column on the facing page :rofl:

Unfortunately l listed the details l'm looking for incorrectly

It should be

Mildenhall vs ipswich 15th August 1982

And Milton Keynes vs Mildenhall 28th September 1982

Hopefully someone can help with the heat details