British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

No conflict of interest there then!!

If there were more people like Buster involved with this sport, we would be in a far better position than we are at present....

• Like 5

Good old Buster, the man's a hero :approve:

If it was another sport it could be seen as a conflict of interest but it's speedway. 8-9 teams in the top league beats the alternative. I'm sure if the buster thing is true then it's not seen as a long term arrangement. Get the ball rolling correctly and make it attractive ready for a new custodian to take control. That's the best outcome. No doubt people who watch the sport but like to also bury the sport will bitch, moan and molest it all into a massive negative, but it's not. It's probably the best thing that could happen out of the whole situation. I get sick of how people always find negatives. If we were all picking out the positives and the reasons we all do go to speedway then the sport would have a much better chance of surviving and maybe making a profit. Tell,your friens those reasons, not the b s. This story isn't a negative it's the biggest positive the Leicester fans could probably have. If its true then I'm really happy that another club will be secure for at least one more year! I'm happy for the fans of Leicester because if my club was facing closure then I'd be distraught!

• Like 5

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Buster at Leicester. Didn't Jonathan have a part to play in the return of the Lions?

I seem to recall he was involved in the very early stages.

I'm not a fan of some of the new rules I have to admit, but it's a good job Buster is at the helm this winter. I can't see any of the recent other leaders prepared to pull up their sleeves and get well and truly stuck in like he appears to have done.

• Like 4

If the news that Buster will get Leicester racing in 2017. Why are some bitching about it. Coventry in the sh it, Belle Vue bankrupt, Leicester god knows full situation. Haven't heard of any other business men, Olicarchs or Arabs banging on the door of speedway to get involved. Buster is so passionate about speedway, he wants to keep all Clubs running. He's passed the reins of Kings Lynn to Rob Lyon. He can concentrate on being BSPA Chairman and trying to safe guard those Clubs who are in sh it at the moment. I for one want to see speedway come out of the doldrums. I do have some inside knowledge of some of Busters plans re speedway as a whole. He will reveal these when he's good and ready. Perhaps he's passing no info, because at present nothing has been set in stone. Whilst negotiations are going on you don't reveal your hand. This is his first real year as Chairman, last year they made rules before voting him in. So he had his hands tied behind his back during 2016. Now he can do what he has been wanting to do for ages. So those so call fans who are bitching about him, as it stands at present he is the one, with many others helping him, who will turn British speedway round. If you know a better way or person to do it, then tell him or volunteer to help him. Or go and get a £20 million sponsor for British speedway. I'm told British companies are queuing up to invest lol

Now off my soap box

• Like 9

Buster needs to get the machinery in now to dig the track up and reshape it if he is serious to make a go at it at Leicester.

• Like 1

Sounds very positive. Hope the part about Ollie Allen is true! Think a lot of riders would be excited at the prospect of riding under his management. Would be great for the sport too to have another young, British manager and I'm sure him and Simon Stead would be in contact helping each other develop and progress in their roles

Remember Ollie and Simon both rode together at Peterborough when they were kids in the Prowlers in the late 90's. and have crossed each others paths many times since then. Could be useful to keep in touch with each other.

• Like 2

Remember Ollie and Simon both rode together at Peterborough when they were kids in the Prowlers in the late 90's. and have crossed each others paths many times since then. Could be useful to keep in touch with each other.

They both rode for Peterborough Thundercats and Simon Stead made his debut for them at Ipswich away to the Anglian Angels which was combined Ipswich/Kings Lynn team. They went on to win the conference league ,David Howe was the NO1 in a team that also included Scott Brady

They both rode for Peterborough Thundercats and Simon Stead made his debut for them at Ipswich away to the Anglian Angels which was combined Ipswich/Kings Lynn team. They went on to win the conference league ,David Howe was the NO1 in a team that also included Scott Brady

Sorry I thought they are the the Prowlers. thanks for the correction.

They were a cracking side with young kids developing together. Incidently, both Ollie and Simon nearly joined the Diamonds in about 1998 on loan, but that's a story for some other time. They never knew.

Buster needs to get the machinery in now to dig the track up and reshape it if he is serious to make a go at it at Leicester.

I suppose you will want him to run the meetings as well. It's so easy to sit back and do nothing. The track work is a menial task in view of the situation at Leicester. Lets get the place up and running first before we start moaning about the shape of the track.....

• Like 2

I suppose you will want him to run the meetings as well. It's so easy to sit back and do nothing. The track work is a menial task in view of the situation at Leicester. Lets get the place up and running first before we start moaning about the shape of the track.....

and tell him to start working on his engines, we want Buster riding at number 1!

Glyn did a good job on bends 3/4 so is it not possible for him to sort the other bends out, or perhaps he's not going to be involved anymore? :neutral: The racing was noticeably better this season after the work was carried out.

• Like 1

Glyn did a good job on bends 3/4 so is it not possible for him to sort the other bends out, or perhaps he's not going to be involved anymore? :neutral: The racing was noticeably better this season after the work was carried out.

I agree it was. I had to have a sit down after the Kings Lynn meeting, such was the amount of overtaking going on

• Like 2

Waiting for a phone call I scribbled this team down on a scrap of paper

P Hougaard

A Thomsen

S Wozniak

J Sedgman

B Barker

R Douglas

B Hopwood

Not the foggiest about what that adds up to.

Any stattoes welcome!

The shape of the track and lack of racing was the cause of so many walking away, so it's a priority to make huge track changes and to show those who walked that things have changed and to give it another try, this was the major down fall of DH reign in charge.