British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

A new lease? Does this mean Hemsley won't be the landlord to the new promoter?

Intriguing. Would Mr Hemsleys company be in a position to grant a 15-year lease?

If not, the lease might have been struck with the council, and Mr Hemsley has been by-passed or has even left the stage.

Anyways, the new lot need to get working on that track, before it turns into a swamp.

Good news at long last, but I do hope that we hear about the other two clubs soon, they have both been part and parcel of British Speedway for many years, we can ill aford to lose them. Hope the new year brings us that other good news.

• Like 2

Keith Chapman due on BBC Radio Leicester tomorrow morning at 8.30

Great news, but it wasn't really in doubt was it?

I take your point, Steve, but I would imagine for anxious Leicester fans "wasn't really in doubt" may not have been the first phrase to spring to mind.

As you say, great news. Fingers crossed now for fellow fans at Coventry and Manchester.

• Like 1

A new lease? Does this mean Hemsley won't be the landlord to the new promoter?

You might like to know that there have been some subtle alterations to the Lions Website today in that Mr Hemsley's name no longer appears anywhere on it.

Just noticed that Mrs Hemsley's name has disappeared as well!

Edited by Happy Hunter

Brilliant news. At least I'll definitely have one track to attend now.

• Like 1