British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

From the (nicely overhauled) Leicester Lions website:

Kim was an absolute delight to deal with at Lakeside, said Tatum. He never let us down, he was ultra-reliable and Im delighted to see him fixed up at Leicester.

What a two-faced, chinless wonder Kelvin Tatum truly is. When he got involved in Lakeside Speedway (in the good old days of 2016; when we were a professional Speedway club) he alluded to the fact we'd made a mistake re-signing him!

Good luck for 2017 Kim. You're much better off now that you've severed links with the circus down in Essex.

If your near the track and are interested pop up and have a look at what we are doing.

Glyn

Edited by speedflash
  • Like 4

If your near the track and are interested pop up and have a look at what we are doing.

Glyn

I would if I was closer. Great to see this long overdue track work being carried out. 6 metres in is a fair old chunk which should have a knock on effect of reducing the length of those too long straights.

Once the work is complete I really do hope it will give more racing lines for the riders which will leas to more passing, better entertainment and happier fans.

The BSPA have now put all the riders in position order on their declaration on the site. They have Lebedevs as being a heatleader not a reserve. Where has his starting average been confirmed?

Yes interesting that Gomolski should be 7.71 (5.51 x 1.4) and Lebedevs is higher??!!

Or it could be that BSPA have just got the order wrong.

Lebedevs last average (2013 before he was replaced by Kozza Smith?) was still the assessed 4.50 I believe which would give him 6.30 - unless 2013 has been deemed 'too long ago' and he's been reassessed higher? But he would have to be reassessed on 8 to be higher than Kacper in the riding order!!

Yes interesting that Gomolski should be 7.71 (5.51 x 1.4) and Lebedevs is higher??!!

Or it could be that BSPA have just got the order wrong.

Lebedevs last average (2013 before he was replaced by Kozza Smith?) was still the assessed 4.50 I believe which would give him 6.30 - unless 2013 has been deemed 'too long ago' and he's been reassessed higher? But he would have to be reassessed on 8 to be higher than Kacper in the riding order!!

The BSPA couldn't have got it wrong could they! Surely they would check all the details first!

Just been up to the track, I am sure the changes will make a big difference! I hope all the people who have walked away over the last couple of years come back and show support for our new owners, they have wasted no time in trying to do what the fans have been asking for. So think its only right they are backed,

• Like 8

Don't think I will make it at the start of the season unless it is warm. It plays havoc with my toe I had all the problems with, it hurts like hell when it's cold. Glad to hear that the track work is coming along well. Raining here now quite heavily, hope it missed BP but doubt it would be nothing worse if it turned the track into a quagmire, easy to do with big diggers and lorries moving around on there. Hope it goes well and it gets relaid and get some bikes round there to bed it in a bit before opening day.

Still no one know if there is a press and practice day being held or does it all depend on the work

Glyn

are you building a slot car track as well

Just been up to the track, I am sure the changes will make a big difference! I hope all the people who have walked away over the last couple of years come back and show support for our new owners, they have wasted no time in trying to do what the fans have been asking for. So think its only right they are backed,

I for one will give it another go

Speedibee Funny you should ask. Yes I am a new 5 lane 130 foot CNC routed.

Glyn

I got told you were a fan of slots . I still have a couple of cucaracha chassis' and mabuchi blacks up the attic , when My lad was younger I made him a slot track 16x 8 . only 2 lanes routed out of 15mm thick MDF , I used copper ribbon for the pickup rails . would love to have a crack on a proper slot track .let me know when you have finished it .I'll see if I can dig out a decent car